The Asics 33-DFA were released to fill the gap left by the Gel-Lyte 33, which was discontinued in 2014. This shoe features a combination of technologies that have resulted in great reviews for their performance as a low drop road running shoe. With a good combination of cushioning, responsiveness, lightweight and promotion of midfoot strike, this shoe is perfect for runners who are thinking of transitioning to barefoot running. The FluidAxis geometry technology provides the support you need in literally each one of the joints of your feet. These shoes are great for daily runs and training sessions, and they are very flexible and provide good traction.
- Very flexible
- Good cushioning
- Good comfort
- Promote a midfoot strike
- Low drop
- Good traction
- Heavier than similar shoes
- Not very durable
- Tricky sizing
- Lacks breathability
- I am an avid runner with regular, normal running style and I also do triathlons. These shoes are fit just for that. They are just running shoes. They are not uncomfortable and they are not anything out of this world. They seem to run a little small but nothing too awful. They are an OK shoe.
- If you have high arches and narrow feet, these are the shoes for you. I love the colors they offer too.
- These shoes are deceiving. They felt small and I thought that they were going to rub my pinky toe off. However, while I wore them, I would adjust the laces. They stretched as I ran and I had no issues. They are really lightweight and flexible. I would suggest going a half to full size up.
- I only bought these because I loved the color and style. I ended up really liking these and they have helped me with my overpronation. I run an average of 12 miles a week and these have not disappointed. The have a great cushion on the outside part of the foot and great arch support. They have not given me any blisters or pain which is great. The whole shoe is really flexible and lightweight. It is a proper shoe and I recommend them.
- I not going to recommend these for actual distance running because they are really just a normal shoe. I They look great for casual wear and have a very moderate cushioning to them and ample support for my daily walks with the dog. They feel nice with my pronation though.
- I like that these are true to my size. They have great support all around and have great cushioning . These are my go to running and gym shoes. They have super support in the arches and feel light as a feather.
- Although these shoes don't have the stability I need for a running sneaker, they are really comfortable and they have became my casual. They have a great style and I love all the bright colors.
- I am a half marathon runner and I use these for the training and the competitions. They are affordable and really hug my feet when I am running.
- I love the color on these, I bought the orange. They are really light and have a good stability to the, they are stitched right and I had no hot spots or rubbing. I am happy with the comfort as well. I do recommend getting a half size bigger.
- I am a Asics fan all the way. These shoes have made me even more so. They are really light so it made me question the durability but they have held u well to my beatings. These shoes also have a great support to them and carry me through all my runs injury free.
- This shoe is great and absorbs all the impact of my runs. The inside is super soft ad comfortable and keeps me from having any sort of fatigue. I was not happy that I had to return them for a larger size, they were way off.
- If it is toe space that you are looking for, then definitely get a half to whole size bigger. They aren't very supportive in the arch either. However, They are so soft and cushy on the inside and the upper part of the shoe is to die for. These shoes feel like pillows on your feet.
- I was looking for a more sturdy shoe but these are cushion all over. They are great for pronation and to my accessory navicular bone, which is nice. They have a removable sole so I am able to use my orthotics with them. They are very light and have a great flexibility to them. The color is also really nice.
- These were great and the cushion held up to my distance. For so much cushion, they are extremely light. I was really happy with the all over functionality of this shoe. I highly recommend it.
- These sneakers were made for people with a narrow toe box. Other than them being really narrow, they are a great shoe. They are perfectly lightweight and very flexible. I really enjoy them for running.
- These shoes give all the support I need while I am on my feet all day. Everything about the shoe is great: the comfort, the style, the cushioning and the flexibility. Everything is in the mid range and that makes it a very supportive shoe for me.
- I did experience a bit of pain with these at first but they are a much lower heel profile than I am used to. They are super cushy on the inside but the foam like material does feel a bit cheaper than expected.
- These shoes breath but not as much as I would like. Also, the arch support is lacking a bit so the stability for my running style is off a bit. I do enjoy how soft and cushy they are and how well they work for my walks. They also have a nice hard grip to them, which I really like.
- These shoes are beast and are easily my favorite of all time. They are everything you need in a shoe: stability, flexibility, durability and freaking comfortable. They are so soft on the inside, it is incredible. I am so happy with these shoes.
- These could be a bit more supportive but I like them. They are really flexible and light, which I really enjoy. I did have t exchange for a larger size.
- My feet swell when I run so I bought these a size larger. They are such great runners. They are really airy and they keep my normal heel pain at nonexistent status. I an use these all day and have no issues. They are really light as well and that keeps my ankles from fatiguing. These are just a great shoe.
- This shoe isn’t bulky but it isn't as light as I thought it would be. These are awesome, flexible and comfortable shoes for runners. I recommend them. They also fit great to my size foot.
- I ordered these a half size up after trying them on in the store. They go great with everything and are really comfortable shoes. I use them for my casual tennis shoes.
- The sizing on these is not right. I hate when I have to send things back because the company changes specs. If it says 12 why is it a 9?
- They have a super crowded toe box and are different from the other Asics in sizing; they run small. They have no heel support, they just collapse. The only thing they have going for them is the style, they look nice.
- These were really uncomfortable. They were too tight and it sucked. I always buy Asics at 10’s. These were more of an 8.
- Out of all the Asics I have owned, which is a lot, these are the worst. They did something different. I feel like I am wearing a narrow freaking Nike. Horrible change Asics.
- These should be put in for false advertising. Nothing about this shoe is for real runners. They are tight all over with a even smaller toe box ad they are really heavy for a running shoe. I ended up returning them asap.
- Narrow, Narrow, Narrow. Also, did I mention these shoes were narrow? They were the most uncomfortable and narrowest shoes I have ever tried on. They do look nice though.
- I was highly disappointed. After only a little use, the heel collapsed. I was upset that I had only had these a couple weeks and they rendered extremely uncomfortable.
Key Features of the Asics 33 DFA
• Deep FluidAxis midsole and outsole technology
• ComforDry Lasting
• AmpliFoam midsole layer
• AHAR rubber compound
• 4 mm drop
• Removable insole
• Natural 33 Last
The Asics 33-DFA is comfortable enough for short distance runs and training sessions. They do not perform well on long runs. They offer support for neutral and under-pronators and also do very well for people with flat feet. If you are looking for a minimalistic-like shoe with cushioning and a low drop, this might be the shoe for you. Some runners had issues finding a proper fit and size, so we highly suggest you try them on before purchasing them. There has been an update, so if you are interested in the updated version of these shoes, definitely check out the Asics 33-DFA 2 review.