ASICS Gel Exalt 2
Popular running shoe manufacturer Asics designed the second iteration of their Gel Exalt footwear line as a supportive midrange shoe that is easy on both the foot and the wallet. It’s an excellent pick for newer runners looking to settle into a daily running routine since the excellent traction on its outsole works beautifully with the heel’s gel cushioning to provide a running experience free from most of the pains commonly felt among beginners. These shoes can handle anything from a short walk with your dog to a daily jogging route and even training for a 5K. Asics made something really special here with the Gel Exalt 2 that can be appreciated by runners of all calibers.
- Breathable upper
- Lightweight and responsive midsole
- Shock absorbing heel
- Excellent outsole grip
- Removable insole
- Questionable lifespan
- Narrow sizing
- Limited size availability
- These were lighter than my slippers and have really nice arch support. They were affordable and fit perfect. They have great all over support too.
- I ran in these immediately with no rubs or hurts. They kept me dry in the snow melt. These are good versatile comfy shoe: walking running, errands; they are great.
- These are great for under $100. They have good support and are comfortable a over. They do not cause any foot soreness like my old shoes. I run in them everyday and they are nice.
- Lots of air running through them and tons of comfort. They are top of the line for the price. I get a lot of compliments on these bad boys too. They are light yet very supportive. They are durable and hold up to my HIIT workouts well. These work good and fit to size with my wide 11.5 feet.
- First Asics shoe ever and I am happy with them. They are snug and supportive. These are great on my narrow feet. The shoe is really light and feels great when I am running. I am actually buying two ore pair as i write this. Great shoe.
- These shoes do not cause any flare up with my fasciitis. I have tried sneaker after sneaker and this one is the best for this issue so far. I got a normal size although I have wide feet and they still fit nice. I am really happy with these shoes.
- These shoes have cured my lantars pain. I had an older pair of Asics that were good but started causing pain. These were amazing right out of the box and I knew we were going to be best friends. These have great arch support and I am just over the moon happy about these. NO pain!! They also look really nice, which is a plus. I can wear them out besides the gym.
- I had to break in the ankles but they work great for my diabetic swelling. I am big too. These have never caused any pain or discomfort , like blisters. They are really comfortable and I would recommend them to anyone looking t make their feet happy.
- These have really helped with my over pronation. I also am on my feet all day , i am a nurse, ad these keep my knees and joints from aching. I am going to go get a couple more pairs, just in case they discontinue.
- These lack in cushion but are great in sturdiness and are really from on the foot. I still prefer my Noosas but these are an ok shoe for walkers.
- I am a caretaker and need a shoe that can get me around all day and help lift and other things. They give me a great support. I used to run in Asics but that was the past. They are really light and extremely comfortable. You cannot go wrong purchasing these.
- These have the perfect amount of balance and stability. They have helped me with my foot strike and are a high mileage shoe. I am super happy with these.
- These are a shoe for the occasional runner. They are great to wear all day and keep me supported and are light. These are a true to fit at a size 14.
- They are ugly. However, that doesn't reflect the comfort. Theyar egreat for overpronation and add a lot of extra support where I need it the most. These really create a lot of support for my hips and knees, never giving me any pain. They do run a bit small so I order up every time.
- These were really great comfy, everyday wakers. The durability is lacking though. My toes are coming through with mild use. I haven't had them that long.
- These are really bright and noticeable. They are the only shoe that has kept me from feeling the pain from my Fasciitis. I will by these until they stop making them.
- I had a little break in time where my foot cramped. I readjusted and they have been a dream. They are so comfortable and have plenty of toe room while hugging your foot. I like the mesh material and how breathable they are. These have been a great starter shoe for me.
- Not too cushy but epic arches. I have never had a shoe quite so supportive in the arches. I like the shoes but am going to keep them as an everyday shoe because they made my feet go numb during a 3 mile trek. Not a good sign.
- These have reduced my pain by at least 70% this makes me really happy. I suffer from real pain in my back and legs. They are very supportive and comfortable and fit perfect, no jumping around in size.
- These are my gym shoes and they are awesome. The color is not pink, it is coral. I like it better. They give me a lot of support in my boot camp training exercises and are very very cozy and sturdy. I have only used them indoors, for what it is worth.
- These added a bounce to my step although I am mostly flat footed. They were a bit tight on the heel because the shoe is pretty stiff. I got used to it and they have not given me any issues.
- I walk an average of 7 miles a day and these offer all the support and comfort I love. They are extremely durable and stable. The shoe is stiff but breaks in well. I do like the bright colors these come in. Will probably get a couple more pairs. I really enjoy these shoes.
- These are my 3rd pair. I do not run, however, I work on my feet all day and these are great. They have epic support and the comfort is all over the shoe. They are cheap and way worth the movie.
- They have no shock absorption. They are in 20 miles and are stiff as blocks. They are rubbing my heels really badly. I hate this shoe. I am normally an ASICS fan.
- The stitching was cutting into my left foot really They were lacking in cushion compared to other Asics that I am used too. These felt really cheap. They are not that great for pronation like they state either. I had issues.
- I did love these shoes and they were very comfortable. I had to return them because they were separating at the sole after only a month of use. I feel they are starting to make them cheaper like other companies and it is really disappointing.
- You definitely get what you pay for with these pieces of crap. I have bought many Asics but these are so painful and uncomfortable. They are really stiff and never seem to break in.
- This shoe does not compare to any other ASICS that I have had. It is so uncomfortable and stiff. This is a really disappointing shoe and you should not spend any money on it unless you like sore feet.
- There is no arch support in these shoes. They are really stiff. They run too small. They gave me blisters on the top of my feet, which created corns on my toes. These are really bad shoes, steer clear.
- Stiff, blister making machines. These babies are so uncomfortable and cheap feeling. I was not happy at all with these. Asics is failing in the shoe making department.
Key Features of the Gel Exalt 2
- EVA midsole cushion runs the length of the shoe
- AHAR outsole
- Gel Cushioning in heel
- Vertical and horizontal flex grooves
- Standard 10mm drop
- Breathable and comfortable mesh upper
- Convenient removable EVA sockliner
- Reflective upper for low-light runs