Asics Gel Pursue
The neutral Asics Gel Pursue is mainly meant to tackle roads and pavement. It’s an option for those training for a marathon or other similar long distance. It’s also a good choice for runners toting around a bit of extra weight looking to transition to a lighter Asics brand shoe that’s closer to the ground. The Gel Pursue offers a good deal of cushioning and support and promises to offer a more responsive ride than other neutral Asics shoe. You can also purchase the Gel Pursue in wide widths for both sexes. The shoe is breathable, thanks to its well-ventilated mesh upper and offers a snug fit. The Trusstic system is a unique component of the shoe that helps to provide support so wearers get a stable ride. The everyday trainer is meant to be used on the roads. The Gel Pursue’s muted style means that it can work for situations outside of running should the wearer so desire.
- Comfortable and supportive
- Very responsive
- Long-lasting and well-constructed
- Heavier than some might have liked
- Not a particularly speedy shoe
- I got these a size larger hoping to have space for my orthotic; it fits as I thought it would. This means they run bit small. I supinate and this helps out against that a lot. They are really comfortable shoes.
- I am pushing 250 and these offer a solid heel support without collapsing under the weight. It took a bit to break in; they were slightly snug at first.
- I am able to go distance n these and still have a comfortable and light fit. I have no pain when I wear these. They are cushioned without being over soft. These fit me to size.
- I was happy with the toe box, plenty of room. The whole shoe is quite comfortable.
- These shoes are great from all angles. They are very comfortable and look great. They also fit perfect at a price that is affordable. Great shoe!
- I was happy that they were perfect right out of the box. They are so comfortable and do not give me any pain.
- Not only do these offer great arch support, they really help with relieving lower back pain. I wear them daily for sometimes over 10 hours walking and standing around and they have held up great. They are comfortable and durable and worth every penny.
- These shoes are not over stuffed, they have a perfect amount of cushioning and provide great support for runs. I am impressed at how close to perfect they are. I have had trouble with excessive cushioning and these shoes are perfect. They provide just enough support and mild cushioning and make for a great run.
- I prefer shoes that are light and sturdy. These are that plus some and you can't beat the price tag for the quality.
- I was impressed by the normal colors so I was really happy when I tried them on and they were so comfortable. They fit perfect. Great shoe and design.
- I have bought 3 prior pair and wore them until I had no choice but to switch. They are the best shoes I have ever owned. They are great with my gait and they last forever. I wish they would have kept the more neutral colors to them. The newer models are really bright and loud. They are supportive and really extra comfortable though.
- I traded the laces, wasn't a fan. They are way lighter than any there Asics model I have bought. They look like they do in the pictures. Just like my other Asics, they come a bit high on the back of the ankle but they usually break in nice, these were no exception. The rest of the shoe feels like it was pre-broken in. They are flexible and hold up to all my workouts. They run a half size small.
- Their shoes always run consistent in size, this is a good thing. I always go a half size larger due to my foot swell and they are perfect. They are stable and keep me comfortable and pain free. Great shoe!
- They feel great on my bunions. I have never had a shoe this comfortable and accommodating for my feet. As a marathon runner, I can say these are fantastic shoes for comfort and running.
- The gel in the heels of these is magic. It alleviates all my calf tightness and pain. I really am impressed by these shoes.
- I put these through a half marathon with my large frame and they are still ready to go. I d say 300 miles so far and they are like flying carpets, light and swift. They breathe well. I really pronate a lot and these adjust my stride. Fantastic shoe all over.
- I am very happy with these shoes. I traded my old brands in for these and got over 300 miles out of them. I am now on my 2nd pir of these and they are just like the other ones, comfortable and sturdy. I love thee shoes.
- Out of all the models of Asics I own, these are the lightest and have the best, roomiest toe box. I have an average foot and these really support the arches and swells. I love Asics and this shoe is not disappointing.
- These support my supination well, preventing rolling and really have a comfortable hold around my neutral running pattern.. I love the flexibility. They are so very comfortable and light. They are also extremely affordable. You cannot go wrong buying this shoe.
- These shoes fit snug but comfortable, they do not crush my toes but keep my foot in place. The Gel heel is incredibly comfortable and gives me a little bounce. I am really impressed with the roominess of the toe box too. These are my go-to’s for the road.
- I went from the Cloud to these and I am so impressed. Most shoes blister my arches, not these. I can run in these for over and hour and I have no issues and they are consistently comfortable.
- These shoes are so amazingly light and soft. I came out of retirement from running recently ad these shoes have been a dream. These have kept the pain at bay and made my running experience less traumatic from the get go. The first couple runs after not running for a while can be rough but these made it a pleasure.
- These shoes are really airy and light. I am really happy with them. These are definitely a 5 star shoe and I will be buying them again. Super comfortable.
- I keep buying these over and over again The best and most comfortable running shoe I have bought ever. They have epic ankle support, which is something I have to have; I have tiny little ankles that like to roll, not with these shoes.
- The Gel heels and the cushioning on these is great. The best part is they give you a little pep to your step. I am able to take these for miles with no issues and no pain. Definitely worth the money and I highly recommend them. The extra cushioning put an extra spring in my step.
- I was disappointed in these. These are the worst Asics I have had. The support was average and the rest of the shoe just wasn't the gel I have come to love in Asics.
- I didn't get the super cushioning and gel affect that I get from the other models. I ended up getting a half size larger because the wide wasn’t available and it fit weird, my feet were rubbing and the shoe was swimmy. They are slick and look good but not enough for me to keep them. I ended up returning them.
- I went a half size up after reading reviews and Nope! They were too big and all over the place. I couldn't get the laces tight enough to fix it either. Very disappointed in this model, not or me.
- These shoes were too tight. I have ordered these before so I assumed they would fit like the others. I am not sure why Asics cannot keep sizing consistent. It doesn't even make sense.
- These shoes are lacking sole cushioning. As a valet attendant, i need a hoe that supports me. These have given me hip pain. Very uncomfortable shoe.
Many reviewers mentioned that they were pleased with the life of the shoe, citing its ability to take on upwards of 300 miles. The outsole also provides great traction. The shoe's horizontal flex grooves, visible as white bands running across the outsole, help to ensure a natural ride and an efficient toe-off for the wearer.
The shoe's cushioning is firmer than that contained in many other Asics brand models. Unlike the Cumulus or Nimbus, the Pursue features a more rigid cushioning thanks to the use of a denser midsole material. The full-length cushion helps to attenuate shock and increases the wearer's comfort. The midsole also contains the Trusstic System which provides support for the wearer but also ensures the overall weight of the shoe still remains fairly light.
The upper also sports a ComforDry Sockliner. The liner helps to wick away moisture and adds an additional cushioned layer to the shoe. The ComforDry liner also provides an extra bit of bounce for the wearer. The fit of the shoe is easily adjusted using the standard lacing system. Also featured in the upper are reflective components which enhance a runner's visibility in low-light conditions.
The interior ComforDry Sockliner does two jobs. It wicks away moisture, keeping the wearer's foot dry and provides a bit of extra cushioning inside the shoe.
Wearers were happy with the comfort of the Gel Pursue citing the excellent fit and comfortable midsole padding. Many reviewers were also pleased that the Gel Pursue did not cause discomfort when worn for long periods and that there were no issues with blister formation.
The shoe's tough rubber outsole also ensures protection from daily use. The AHAR rubber protects the outsole from the shearing forces of running.
In addition, the mesh upper ensures runners feet don't get too hot. This is especially important for runners living in warmer areas or training during the hottest months of the year. The welded panels featured in the upper protect runners from an unstable ride. Finally, reflective materials can be found in the Gel Pursue's upper. These reflective bits help drivers spot runners on dark early morning or evening runs.
While not made for the trails, the outsole still works to provide enough traction to keep wearers steady. The uniformly flat lugs on the Gel Pursue are a signal that technical trails are out of the question for this shoe. Still, wearers found the shoe was able to grip pavement quite well and performed fine on the treadmill and outside on the pavement. The Gel Pursue does a poor job when it comes to gripping types of terrain other than pavement. It's still a good shoe for dedicated road runners, though, and can easily be used indoors on the treadmill.