Asics Gel Lyte33-3
The Asics Gel Lyte 33-3 is a lightweight shoe with a natural feel and great responsiveness. Runners love this shoe for its comfortable, natural feel and ability to take them on quick road runs. As with all Asics shoes, this shoe utilizes some of the best technology to give you a fit that is as unique as your individual foot. Reviewers appreciated the advanced Solyte material of the midsole that enabled the shoe to feel responsive and supportive but did not add extra bulk or weight. Coming in at 8.6 ounces, this is easily one of the lightest shoes that Asics has to offer. Perfect for your marathon speed training runs, a fast 5k, or just for the runner who likes a lightweight, minimalistic shoe.
- If a lightweight shoe is your top priority, this is a great shoe for you. Weighing in at 8.6 ounces, this is easily one of the Asics brand's lightest road running shoe.
- Low drop and a minimalistic, natural feel. Runners reported loving the natural feel of these shoes and the responsiveness they felt while running in them.
- Flexibility - Due to the lightweight, breathable mesh upper and reduced density in the midsole, these shoes are very flexible. Runners reported that they required little to no "breaking-in"
- Style - You can expect to see the classic Asics insignia along the side, but the Gel Lyte33-3 offer the runner a unique, striped pattern along the upper and sides of the shoe.
- Price - this is an affordable pair of racing shoes. Many pairs can cost upwards of two hundred dollars, but you can find this pair for under one hundred dollars.
- Durability - Although the shoe attempts to ramp up the durability using their patented AHAR (Asics High Abrasion Rubber) outsoles, runners still reported that the shoe began to wear down, both along the upper and the outsole, much more quickly than they hoped.
- Support - This is not the shoe the runner who is looking for extra support and cushioning.
- These are perfect for people with wide fit. All the other aspects are there and on point and they fit great to my super wide feet at just getting a wide shoe. True to fit.
- For how light they are, they have tons of cushion. I was surprised. I have regular arches and underpronation and these shoes are great for this. These have a little less cushioning in the heel compared to my old 2100’s. These are also short some support. Id use these only for my track or running errands shoes.
- These were really versatile shoes for me. I am able to take them to the gym and then go out and hike a bit. Not mountain hiking but strolling in the hills in the park. They are a great price and have great comfort. They are perfect for my long distance runs and have held up well on the concrete. They are no waterproof at all, the mesh material is really airy.
- These have thinner Gel pads than my old ones but stillare just as comfortable. They are a half size larger than my normal size and fit great. They have some good reflective material for night running. I love these shoes and they are working really good and fit to my feet like a glove.
- These came in looking as expected. They are light and have a lot of support and comfort. Thy are also really well priced.
- Do not wear these in the rain, They are super mesh and really cool and light on the feet. They are also extremely comfortable and support my running style well. I run about 5 miles a day and have not had any issues.
- I always like when I find a shoe that is comfortable and looks great. They are not that thick in the sole but they fit nice and comfortable. Thea are perfect for short runs and gym workouts.
- I got these for marathon training because I needed more cushion than the other brands offered. These are just what the runner ordered! They are really comfortable and cushioned and super light. I am really impressed.
- I am a huge Asics fan and do not run in anything else. They are light and keep me from getting ankle fatigue. They work great for everyday use and running. I love the colors and the style is great.
- My feet run small but wide and these accommodate this well. I took them out for my first 5k in years and they held up great and gave me optimum support. They are light and cozy and have great arch support. These are a really great shoe.
- I feel like I am running barefoot. These are a minimal shoe with our meaning to be, I think. They have all the support and cushion I need for a great run and they are light, light, light.
- I have a weird issue where I get blisters between my toes and i need a lot of toe space and something that airs out so they do not rub together. These shoes give me ample toe space and are very airy and super light. I get no residual pain or blisters when wearing these. I ended up buying every color so in case they stopped selling them.
- These make me feel faster and they are freaking light. I have wider feet and these fit perfect to size.
- I love the Gel technology and my heels feel like they are settling into bed. The mesh isn't that durable but not an issue for me, I don't take them in the trails. They work great for my morning gym workouts and treadmill.
- I am confused about the reviews, I have put about 500 mile on these in marathons, etc. and I haven't had one issue and they are still wearable. I love these shoes. They are too light and freaking really comfy. Great distance shoe in my opinion.
- I get compliments daily on these. They are so pleasing to the eye and to the feet. They are really light on my little ankles and have tons of cushion and cushy heels.
- I thought these were a bit cheaply made and the material didn't seem that great. However, they are working fine and area light and cozy. I run 5K a day inside and they are so nice and airy. I am loving the GEL.
- The first week, they rubbed blisters on my ankles. I continued to run in them and that has ceased and they are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. The Gel is the star in these. And, they are light and cozy. Unbelievable shoe ad really easy to keep clean.
- These are designed for the summer. I usually get in about 50 miles a week and the upper mesh falls apart pretty fast. They are really comfortable though and the price is pretty good for the quality.
- I love how airy my toes feel in these and how light they are. I am pleased with these after trying so many different brands. These are comfortable and hug my heels with pillow like comfort. These aren't as narrow as some of the others either, which is great.
- The mesh fabric is so cheaply made and has zero durability. My feet literally slap when I run in these, which makes me feel like I have flat feet. I feel they are a bit heavier than the Nikes I am used too as well. These are for power walkers, not runners.
- I am comparing these to the 33-2 and there is no comparison. They feel like a whole other brand and I would most definitely not recommend for runners. These gave me pain in my shins and my knees. Id only suggest these for walking and wearing around town, not running.
- After a week, they were garbage. The plastic ripped off a part of the shoe. They are just really poorly designed shoes and made out of cheap material. They look nie so I kept them and it has been two months, they have disintegrated.
- These lack the arch support that I so desperately need in a shoe. They do not absorb any shock and I had a lot of pain after my HIIT class. These are a strictly aesthetic shoe, they look great.
- I strictly buy Asics. These however are a miss. They are so cheaply made, they started falling apart after 2 months of barely using them. The sole was coming off and the fabric is peeling.
- Poor quality shoe that kills my feet. Only thing they have is they look good. Other than that, horrible shoe.
- These are not for distance runners. They have given me Fasciitis so beware.
- After 5 months, done. They look nice and are comfortable but do not last. If you are looking for a comfortable disposable shoe, this is the one for you. I like my shoes to last, especially for the cost.
- I am not hard on my shoes at all and the upper mesh material is ripping and holy. These shoes cost way too much to fall apart so easily. I am very disappointed.
- There is no support in these shoes. I went to the store and walked around the block and my joints and feet were killing me. I have flat feet and need a shoe that works for that.
Key Features of the Gel Lyte33-3
• FluidAxis- This is a technology that helps the Gel Lyte 33-3 receive such high praise in responsiveness. It uses anatomically correct deep flex grooves to respond and adapt to the individual stride of each runner.
• Seamlessly constructed Upper - This helps eliminate friction and unwanted movement in the shoe.
• Solyte -This foam found in the midsole gives slight cushion to the shoe without sacrificing its lightweight nature.