Asics Gel Scram 3
With the new Gel Scram 3, Asics designed a back to basics, no-nonsense trail running shoe. This design features a durable outsole with excellent traction, a shock absorbing cushioned midsole, and an upper that will allow for maximum airflow. Overall, runners raved about the comfort that this shoe provided. The Gel Scram 3 features a more traditional drop of 10 millimeters that will keep the runner protected on the trail and provide additional cushioning and support. The price of this shoe is ideal for the trail runner on a budget. By forgoing some of the fancier technologies, Asics was able to keep this price tag low without sacrificing quality. The shoe has a rugged style and comes in a variety of different colors, allowing any runner feel like a real outdoor adventurer.
- No excessive technology
- Breathable mesh upper
- Added protection
- Not designed for speed work
- Lacking advanced technologies
- I have bought these two times and they are my favorite hiking shoes. They are great and super cushioned, which works well with really rocky trails. They have great grip and work well in water and wet conditions. The tread design seems a bit sketchy with all the glue but I haven't had any issues yet.
- I got these a half size bigger. They are really great shoes and they have a lot of cushioning. Asics always wins with me; I really do love them.
- They fit as they were expected to. They have been awesome on the trails, no rolling or slipping. The soles have been holding up really great with all the rough terrain. My kid thinks the colors are rad, bg plus. Great shoe for a great price.
- I have used these a lot on all types of surfaces and they have proven to be super versatile. They are really stable and have a great grip and traction to them. The laces stay in place and don't ever get too loose. They have a great toe box and fit like they are supposed to. I will be getting these again.
- Asics are the best shoes I have ever purchased, they always fit right and never give me issues. These are so comfortable and light. I have had two blown knees and am a big dude and Asics never allow for the pain to creep in. They have some really super grip to them and make a loud noise. My mistake, they are trail shoes. Oh well, great shoes and super comfy.
- These are really comfortable and great shoes. They do let water in too easily I feel and the treads wear down really fast. They did last a year though and I am gonna say I was more active than normal.
- I am in love with the designs. The colors are great. I really walk a lot and these are so supportive and comfortable. These were perfect to size. Great, great shoe.
- These are perfect for off trail. I little bit wonky for normal wear. They really have great support on the trails for my plantars. I have had no issues. They have great traction and I feel really secure.
- I loved these from the first grip. I am so satisfied with these. They have proven to be a perfect light trail shoe. They are secure and supportive and have not given me any ankle rolls, which am prone to. They have a great profile and style as well. Great arch support and all over shoe!
- This shoe is super stable and really grippy. I took it on all sorts of terrain in all sorts of weather for a two week trip and I am impressed; not one issue. These didn't even bother my bothersome bunion, Frank(I named it); he is accompanied by really flat feet. These are just great shoes with a great price, super affordable.
- I would have given these 5 stars but the laces suck; they do not stay tied long, they are too thick. For a first time Asics buy, I am impressed and will be looking into other shoes by them.
- These give super support and keep me active although I have gained so much weight. These are holding up to the pounds. They are good with gripping and hold onto the ground really well on the trails. The keep my from twisting my knees and ankles well.
- I am so pleased with these. I have been using them for work at the hospital and although that is not what they were made for, they are fan-freaking-tastic. They are super comfy and really easy to clean surprisingly. They are super durable and are holding up nice to the pounding I give them daily. I am very active with work and life. Great shoe. Laces seem really durable too.
- These Shoes kept me upright in the Colorado Rockies, no issues. They even gripped in the sand, WOW! They also were super cozy and supportive on the inside. These are a great shoe and I am so happy they make these. Thanks Asics or another great product.
- These are a bit more stiff than the Brooks I am used to but I think they are breaking in nice. These are very light and keep me moving with no pain. They feel really secure and stable on the trails. I definitely recommend these over any other shoe on the market. Great for the price too.
- I always know Asics will fit just right and these proved as so again. They are the whole package: light, comfortable, stable, supportive. Great shoe Asics.
- These came in looking and feeling just as they were described too. They have phenomenal tractiona and don't skimp on the comfort either. They are magically light and supportive all rolled into one shoe. They are so wonderful and I will we buying again.
- Lightweight and super comfortable. These have to be the closest thing to perfect I have ever found in a trail/hiking shoe. THey don't make my feet sweat either, I hate when that is an issue and your feet slide around. After they dry I can usually just dust them of and they look great.
- These work great for all levels of trails. They have great stability and keep me mobile without tripping and slipping. They are very comfortable and I couldn't ask for a better shoe to hike in. I replaced the laces, they were the worst.
- These fit great a half size smaller. I feel so safe in these with every type of surface and they seem to be holding up well. THey are exceptional in the rain and all wet surfaces. First Asics I have bought and I will be buying more. Great shoe and design.
- I loved these so much I bought two more right off the bat. These are so comfortable. I just love Asics. I am a huge dude, heavy and hard on my shoes. They always hold up. I am gonna try trailing now and hope these are just as good.
- Best trail shoes I have ever worn. The gel inner is incredible. I never thought that a trail shoe could be so light and comfortable. I am so happy with these.
- The color and style are great. They are just as comfortable and stable. The tread is great and grips amazing on all surfaces. I dropped Nike because of these shoes. Asics are the Bomb.com.
- After using these for a few days, the sole was complete garbage. It separated from the she. All I did was walk around in them. I really was shocked that it was pure glue on the treads. Horrible design. Waste of money DO NOT BUY.
- I have bought many Asics shoes and never had a pair fall apart like this. I have barely worn them and not even taken them on the trail yet. The sole is garbage!
- We are a family of Asics fans but the Scrams are horrible. The side foam is no good and has disintegrated. They sole is complete garbage and is now hazard. It separated and is talking. Garbage shoe and horrible design.
- No durability at all. I have only used these a few times on very mild hikes and they are peeling apart. They are really comfortable otherwise. Super disappointed. Get your crap together Asics.
- These were way too large and even with the reviews I was simmin in these. I am not sure but these do not seem as great as people say. There was visible glue on the soles. Not sure how that would hold up on a trail!
- These shoes were so disappointing. Got them on the trails and was all YAH, then after a few goes was all like NAYYY.. They are falling apart. I am sad because they are really cozy nd gellin' on the inside. Uhgg..Waste of Money!
- 10millimeter drop provides added cushioning
- Flex grooves along the underfoot provide a flexible ride
- Synthetic overlays found in the upper help to keep the foot in place
- Reversed lug design adds more traction especially on steep inclines and declines