Searching for Fanny Packs made for Running? Take a look at the top rated Packs of 2017, Pros & Cons and what to be aware of before buying them in a store.
When the word fanny pack is used the first thing that probably comes to mind is the 1990’s, soccer moms, or perhaps roller blades. Everyone has their own word associations but the odds are pretty good that whatever came to your mind is not especially cool. The thing is something can only become so uncool until it becomes cool again, and in some sense the fanny pack has been renamed/re-branded.
Our Top 3 Picks
- NIKE Vapor 2
- Holds 2 water bottles
- Price: See Here
- Limber Stretch Hip Hug
- 4 pockets
- Price: See Here
- Waterproof & Durable
- Price: See Here
10 Best Fanny Pack for Runners
1. NIKE Vapor 2
For our number one pick, we have the Vapor 2 which is handy little pack with quite a bit of pizazz. This pack is extremely lightweight and has two 6 oz. easy squeeze water bottle at the ready. If you want to push your game the Vapor 2 is there to help.
- 2 bottle, fully adjustable waist pack
- High contrast reflective design, helpful for low visibility running
- Extra padding in back panel, comfortable
- Silent, anti-snag zippers
- A bit expensive, even for Nike
2. Limber Stretch Original Hip Hug
In terms of this fanny pack, the name says it all. Comfortable Lycra blend material hugs your hips providing support and a bit of storage. There are three slits in the material allowing for you to stash your essentials just within hands reach. Consistently rated highly for comfort, give it a try today!
- Sweat resistant material
- Highly comfortable/supportive
- Available in plus sizes
- Definitely won't hold a water bottle
For runners who like to make a splash the Becko waterproof
bag is a solid option. It comes in neon yellow and black with neon yellow. A simply designed pack it can be used for many things and is a great companion for your jog. If design aesthetics are important you this may be the pack for you, 1985 meets 2022.
- Eye catching design/color
- Simple straightforward construction
- High quality, durable
- Tension-grade buckles and straps, snug fit
- 100% waterproof
- The pouch might not fit all types of larger smartphones
5. Ultimate Performance Titan
For premium performance at economy pricing
check out the Ultimate Performance runners back from Titan. This pack features a firm and comfy fit due to its neoprene material and calibrated construction. The blue lining also adds a dash of style.
- Stretchy and extremely comfortable fabric
- HIgh quality, long lasting
- Good amount of storage
- Good size-to-weight ratio
6. Yens FN-03 Fantasybag
An original if there ever was one. This is a classic style fanny pack with a large capacity and two zippered pockets. By no stretch of the imagination will this pack lend itself to top level performance, but if you cinch is just right it can be more than adequate for a casual jog. Plus you win style points and its cheap!
- Classic design
- Has an adjustable polyweb belt.
- Variety of colors numerous
- May not last too long under extreme use
7. SLS3 Hydration
Again veering into belt territory here, the SLS3 is a wonderful option for runners of all capacities
, and besides as we mentioned above belt/waistpack/fannypack are essentially synonyms. This is a mid-range back that isn’t flashy but gets the job done — stay hydrated and comfortable throughout your run.
- Has two detachable mini bottles
- Lightweight neoprene material constructed
- Snug fit, reduced bounce
- Fully zippered pocketing system
- Only a few color assortments
Not a fanny pack per se, but simply too good to leave out. The FlipBeIt is one of if not the most popular waist packs on the market today. There are no zippers and pouches to be found here, rather a continuous piece of fabric which has four openings you can stuff your things in. It sits firmly on your hips and weighs in at a paltry 3 oz. By far one of the best options currently available.
- Innovative design
- Flexible yet strong material
- Sweat wicking
- Reflective Logo
- No zippers or straps to fuss with
- Uncomfortable if not sized right
9. Nike Expandable Lean
Extremely popular, this pack from Nike maintains a low profile while offering up plenty of space for a granola bar
or your iphone. With its streamlined design this is a belt for runners who want to travel light, carrying only what is truly essential.
- Minimalist design
- Fully adjustable straps
- Smartly shaped pouch
- Good value-to-price ratio
- Doesn't ideally fit all body types
10. Nathan 5K Belt
A great high capacity pack for runners who need to carry more than a few items with them. Phone, wallet, keys, gels
, you name it and there is space for it here. All this is done without any disturbance to your stride.
- Two zippered pouches, good capacity storage
- Scotchlite reflective spots
- Cinches well and adjust to waist size
- Toned down Nathan style
In terms of fanny packs for runners much of what is out there today is referred to as a belt or waist strap/pack as much as it is a fanny pack. But we’re essentially talking about the same thing.
So, with the cultural stigma dealt with you can focus on which fanny pack is best for you. In many ways this is one of the most important gear choices you can make as a runner. Having the right one will allow you access to everything you need, help distribute weight and won’t disturbed your back/shoulders in the way a backpack does.