Merrell Freewheel Lace
Do you regularly bike commute but find it annoying to have to bring an extra pair of shoes along to change into? Unless you’re working in a super formal business environment, the Merrell Freewheel Lace cycling shoes may be the perfect option. The stylish shoes are a great alternative to athletic looking sneakers.
Biking to a restaurant for a Friday evening date? No need to worry about what’s on your feet. You can hop off the bike looking fly without having to worry about swapping your shoes out. A bit of grip on the outsole helps keep these shoes secured in place while you pedal.
- Attractive design
- Grippy outsole
- Flexible design
- Water repellent
- Not very supportive
- This is a wonderful walk around shoe. It has a casual look while still having all the merrell support and comfort. It is hard to keep perfect, they scuff really easily.
- I can wear these with anything. They are super comfortable and aesthetically pleasant. I was able to go 4 hours walking as soon as I got them, no breaking in. They didn't give me any pain or blisters. Really happy with my purchase.
- It's a fancy shoe with a rugged support and comfort. The shoe can be used to go for a walk around the city, I hike in the park or just a social gathering. 007s of Merrells: class and foot dexterity. They travel light and are great for when you have room for one shoe.
- This shoe is a game changer for casual comfort and rugged necessity. They look great in any setting and they are really durable and able to take a beating if need be with optimum comfort Merrell is known for. Great job and great shoe.
- I needed a classic looking style that was comfortable and functionable for walking around all day at work. This looks good with a business casual and I have no pain at the end of a long day. I have wide feet and these accommodate that with a wide toe box. It is really airy and take all 275 lbs all day without giving. I really love this shoe.
- Very light yet durable shoe. They are so comfortable and I am just in love with them. They are some of the best shoes I have ever bought. I ended up getting them in every color and style.
- I have had these a year and they are freaking durable. They kept their good looks and never beat me down. They are are superb quality and support. Like I said, I have had them a year and I am still rocking them to work with no visible ware.
- These are just like any Merrell in support and comfort. They look better than most of their shoes though. They are sleek in design and great for a casual shoe with rugged durability. I am pretty rough on these and my feet have an acidic sweat. I break down shoes in months, my merrells last years. I have many many pair. I am a more than satisfied customer.
- I am thinking the white sole is going to be hard to keep clean. However, the shoe is very light and is so freaking comfortable, it is unbelievable.
- Wide toe box is heaven and great for travel because they are so light. They are comfortable as any running shoe and go with anything from gym to business casual. I am on my second pair and I love them.
- They have a good amount of water resistance and great grip. They look casual but can be used for rugged wear. I had these for 6 months with no issues; my motorcycle shifter tends to go through shoes so I am not putting a mark on these. They are comfortable and light. Great shoes by Merrell.
- I wanted a more urban shoe, rather than the outdoorsy styles of Merrells. These fit the bill. They are so nice and clean yet sturdy and have a rugged feel. I think they could withstand some duty. One of my all time favorite purchases.
- I would definitely recommend this shoe. May need a thicker sock in the winter or a downpour. However, they are fantastic comfort and stability. They fit me true to size. Took about a week to get them where I wanted them to fit but they broke in nicely.
- I wanted a low profile, sturdy, casual shoe that could take a hike if spontaneity creeped in. The leather is soft and flexible right out of the box. These are a Merrell style skater looking shoe and I really love them. I ended up buying two different colors.
- I can wear these all day, no issues. They are so light and supportive without compromising comfort and cushion. These are way more rugged than they look and I approve.
- I have some mean bunions and these just were not cutting it. They re a great looking she and really light weight. Too bad for me.
- These shoes are so versatile in style. I bought 3 pairs after I got the first pair, i loved them so much. They have great support to work in and have durability to match some gym going. These were not great in the snow though. No worries, they are the most comfortable shoes I own.
- The toes are really wide but the shoe is over all very comfortable. I got them wet a bit in the rain and they still look ok no visible signs of aging yet. Great shoe Merrell.
- These have a moderate arch and are slightly resistant to liquid and spillage. They are super duper comfy and I am able to keep these guys going for 10+ hours with n pain or fatigue. Great shoe and great look.
- I kept these on at Disney the whole time and not one ahe, pain or complaint. These have a good moderate arch support. I walked around the splash park and in puddles and my feet stayed dry. I have had no issues with these ad they look fantastic. Great shoe for sure and I will be recommending and buying more.
- Love at first try! I ordered these blindly and I am completely happy with them. They are very comfortable and the leather is really nice and good quality. These are a great combination of athletic comfort and casual style.
- The insoles are a bit flat and have limited arch support. I just added an insole and ike new, they are the best. They look mean with a nice outfit and if i wanna take a surprise gym run they hold fast to my running and lifting.
- These shoes age really well due to their really supple and nice leather design. I have had no need for maintenance on these shoes and they are getting better and better with time and are so comfortable.
- True to size and nice roomy toe box. They are compliment getters and have held up great with all my bicycle commuting. They have a stiff midsole that would keep me from liking them but they are made for casual use. They look fantastic They are light and breath wel. They repel little rain and keep fairly dry . Really fantastic shoe. I can second them as a dress shoe, no issue.
- This is a dressy sneaker. It is super comfortable and light. I have narrow feet and these fit wide, which I personally was looking for. I highly recommend these.
- These have a brutal seem across both heels that was digging into my feet and causing pain and blistering. I love their shoes, these are just not for me.
- These have odd tongues and slide down everytime I wear them. This also made them have a loose feel and make blisters on the top of my feet.
- The heels are loose in these and the toe box is hue so they are sloppy feeling. These are also really low in the arches compared to all my other Merrells. I am disappointed because I love the way they look.
- The quality is a fail with these. The soles are so easy to dirty and get scuffed way too easy. In a week the glue started separating in the sole as well. These are just not cutting it compared to other shoes they make.
- These crushed my feet. I tried on multiple sizes and couldn't get it to fit right, either they were too long or too skinny. The shoe itself seems legit. Great design and style. These just weren't made to fit me. It is a shame.
Reviewers loved the fit of the Merrell shoe, too. One reviewer noted that the tongue did seem to fall out of place often and would have liked if it had a bit of padding to it. The upper is also water repellent, which is nice when the weather gets rough if you're out on the bike.
The Lace looks a lot like a classy converse-style sneaker. For the cyclist who cares about what they look like as they bike from place to place, the Freewheel is a great choice.
- Suede upper
- CycleTread outsole
- M-Select Grip technology
- EVA Liner
- Aegis anti-bacterial interior
- Air cushion heel design
It's got a great fit and lightweight construction, too. In addition, a grippy outsole keeps your feet on your bike pedals the whole time you're moving. Flexible design helps make movement off the bike feel natural. If you're looking for a supportive shoe for travel or all-day wear, this isn't it. But for the cyclist interested in a stylish shoe option, the Merrell Freewheel Lace definitely delivers.