Merrell Overlook 6 Ice and Waterproof
Merrell started out with an innovative idea, to combine an American cowboy boot with Italian manufacturing and watch it grow from there. That thought process built some of the most comfortable outdoor boots available on the market and has kept them as one of the most respected brands for over twenty years. The Merrell focus is on shoes 4 core values: comfort, durability, design, and versatility. Those values are inherent in every design and every model of shoe they have produced since 1981. And because Merrell has received such an amazing response, they even kept the Wilderness boot, one of the earliest styles, in the line today. Yes, even with the signature blue laces. But their great, great grandchild, the Merrell Overlook 6 Ice and Waterproof are packed with today’s technology and comforts in comparison. These shoes speak for themselves.
The cushioned collar and tongue, supportive footbed, flexibility and Vibram ArticGrip sole focus on the core values Merrell prides itself in. Comfortable from the moment you slide the Overlook 6 onto your foot, this hiking shoe is cushioned everywhere with its extra padding in the heel, underfoot, in the tongue and around the collar. It provides arch support and the insole keeps the heel in place for additional underfoot protection. That’s just the beginning. The Merrill Overlook 6 Ice and Waterproof boot have a TPU waterproof shell, conductor fleece lining, M Select WARM lightweight insulation and an air cushion in the heel to absorb some of the shocks. The Overlook 6 is going to keep your feet warm and comfortable and give you great traction whether you’re taking a nice winter walk, strolling through town, or doing some decent hiking into the hills.
- Waterproof shell with Thinsulate to protect from rain and slush
- Extra padding in heel for stability and protection
- Ready right out of the box – no break-in period needed
- Vibram ArcticGrip rubber for enhanced grip and performance on slippery, wet ice
- M Select WARM lightweight insulation for warmth and comfort in the coldest temperatures
- Removable, single density footbed with molded nylon arch shank
- In heavier, wetter snow, may not have the traction desired. Snow may accumulate in tread.
- Single lacing hook at ankle doesn’t tighten as much as may be needed to keep higher snow levels out of boot
• Merrell air pocket in the heel absorbs shock and keeps foot properly seated in the base
• 4.5mm thick tread for maneuvering diverse terrain with full traction
• Vibram rubber outsole with Vibram ArcticGrip for better traction in extreme weather conditions
• Bellows foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out of shoe while adding cushion