Samsung Gear S2
The Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch and activity tracker is a fantastic device for just about anyone. The customizable and lightweight design allows you to wear this all day, every day. It will not get in the way of your normal daily activities or your workouts which is an added bonus. Some customers were not happy about the fact that the band can suffer from some premature wear and tear but those are easily replaced so it is not too big of a deal. The biggest downfall of this product, however, is that the battery will stop holding its charge after using it for a while which is super frustrating to many customers. Overall though, customers like this watch. The average price and great look combined with the Samsung name keeps customers coming back for more.
- Great design
- Convenient rotating bezel
- Beautiful display
- Good battery life
- Fantastic health tracking
- S-Voice commands
- Can receive notifications
- Interchangeable watch bands
- Customizable face
- Proprietary charging cord
- Does not stay connected
- No Speakerphone
- Samsung Gear S2 comes at a reasonable price compared to other smartwatches on the market.
- With a few small exceptions, this watch is reasonably durable.
- Samsung continues to improve this device with software updates.
- There are a lot of useful features without too much to slow everything down.
- More apps are available so you can customize as you prefer.
- The design is sleek and looks good.
- The display is bright and easily readable.
- You can upload photos to the watch.
- It's possible to make and receive calls as well as text messages.
- There are a variety of watch faces to choose from for easy and fun customization.
- The rotating bezel and touch screen are user friendly.
- This device works great for music while working out.
- If connected with a Samsung phone, it's not necessary to have the phone nearby.
- The voice-to-text feature adds convenience.
- The design and size are more streamlined than the Gear S.
- As a heart rate monitor and step counter, this device is convenient and works well.
- Notifications and alarms are programmed as vibrations so it's easy to use this watch during business meetings and other events when notification sounds would be inconvenient or inconsiderate.
- It is easy to check text messages and screen calls without needing to check your phone.
- So far, there are limited apps that are compatible with this smartwatch.
- You must have and pay for a carrier plan to use the phone call and text messaging functions.
- It does not come with a bluetooth headset.
- Alarms and notifications are only able to be set in vibration mode.
- There are limited choices of watch bands.
- The inactivity monitor may send notifications in the middle of the night
- As far as the scope of functions, apps, and features; this smartwatch is not as advanced as some others on the market.
- There are reports of having difficulty deleting messages on the watch.
- Some buyers complain of inaccurate distance tracking during runs.
- Although rare, there are some claims of the watch overheating and powering down.
- There is limited pairing ability with iPhones.
- Currently, it is not possible to get the Facebook app on this smartwatch.
- The screen timeout setting is not adjustable.
- Some buyers note durability issues of the band and bezel.
- To get the most out of this smartwatch it should be used with the latest Samsung phone.
This product comes equipped with a heart rate monitor so you can keep track of your heart health throughout the day and during your workouts. Customers like to make sure that their heart rate is in the optimal zone while they are exercising so they can get the best out of their sessions. One thing that some customers have an issue with, however, is that this tracker does not give you a continuous heart rate like some others on the market do. You can set it to track for the duration of your workout, but for everyday activities, it will only check it occasionally or unless you tell it to. This feature is not a problem for most customers but there are some who would like to see a continuous heart rate monitor.
The watch has an accelerometer which will help you track each step that you take throughout the day. There is a gyroscope to help give a sense of direction and it essentially tells the watch which way is facing down, and it can measure the rate of rotation. These two things work together to give you a distance and step count daily but it also helps determine certain exercises, such as running, so it can automatically track them. Additionally, they are what allows you to have a built-in compass right on your wrist and how the watch knows to turn the screen off when you put your arm down or to turn it on when you lift your wrist to look at it.
For the most part, however, customers can agree that the steps that are tracked are pretty close. There are a few people who will disagree with this statement but the majority of the reviews state that they felt they were getting a good reading on their daily steps.
A lot of customers have complaints about the band of this watch falling apart easily and breaking or wearing down. This is a relatively easy fix as you can simply replace the band when this happens. Understandably, however, it is frustrating to have to spend additional money on a new band because yours did not last as long as you would have liked.
The second issue with durability comes with the battery life. As with most products that have a rechargeable battery, as time goes on the watch does not hold a charge as long as it did when you first get it. Customers are unhappy that after wearing it for a while they have to start charging it more often.
The watch itself is not very big or bulky which is much appreciated by customers. It is lightweight as well. It seems to be the perfect size for many people and does not get in the way of your daily activities, gym workouts, or fitness routines.
Ease of Use
-Customizable bands and watch faces
-Compatible with both Android and iOS phones
-Get texts, calls, and notifications right to your wrist
-Fitness tracking and heart rate monitor