Adidas Adistar Boost ESM
The Adidas Adistar Boost ESM really hit the nail on the head with the introduction of their Boost Foam technology. For the past 29 years, the Boost Foam technology has been providing athletes with an improved performance. The ESM gives runners a soft, cushioned ride in a lightweight shoe. This running shoe is known for its quick feel while providing the runner with good support and stability. The Torsion System gives runners a moderate amount of arch support while providing a smooth ride from heel to toe. The Techfit used in the upper has been updated to a breathable mesh material, providing runners with an airy feel that keeps their feet at a comfortable temperature. Runners can choose from a variety of colors and still enjoy the Adidas signature 3 striped overlay design. Whether you run 5Ks or marathons, the ESM model gives runners a comfortable ride that is built to last through everyday training and long distance race events.
- Soft and cushy feel without being heavy or bulky
- Variety of colors available
- Offers a controlled midfoot landing and natural foot movement
- Stretchy and breathable mesh used in the upper
- Gives runners good energy return, making them feel faster
- Only available in normal width
- Might need to buy a ½ size bigger
- I love these, light to wear, the shoe lets me run fast, the cushion though not extensive it is functional, appreciate the sole technology and I can feel a level of boost or bounce-energy return, nice strong lace up, had to hunt for the right size, odor can be a problem on warm days, I give these 4 stars
- I find while walking that bounce is noticable but less so during running, still a good shoe for my money, the upper is light but could be more breathable. I suggest these are right for roads but probably not so good off road. For the price these are a good deal.
- I have flat feet and very much struggle to get the best shoe to help, it's about price for me, these are really nice, have done ove 2 hundred miles, no problems at all.
- These ride nicely, give me sertious energy return, toe box gives enough room to flex and grip, cushion is nice enough, the seamless upper does feel like it gives stability, breathability is ok but a bit sweaty, grip is as expected for running roads.
- This is a 5 star shoe, the price works and these give whats needed in terms of bounce, grip, stability & durability but they don't breath so good and the shoe can start to smell. These do help with running.
- I’m working and up on my feet 7 hours each day, these are perfectly comfortable, I was having problems with fatigued feet but these have cured that for me.
- These are great for short to medium road runs, the cushion works, the shoe gives enough support and a nice grip on tarmac surfaces or park paths. When considering the price, it’s a good performing shoe, I appreciate that these can also be work casually. Little negative, they can become stinky and need airing regularly.
- Nice running gear, these shoes are my local short run shoes and they are ideal, the support is 100% solid, tractions on roads is comfortable, they do run a bit small than they should for fit and odor can build up so cleaning inside the shoe is a must do.
- Lovely level of cushion combined with a good support, very nice short distance jogging shoe but be careful about sizing.
- These are light on my foot, they give enough bounce, the upper is seamless so no rubbing problems, durability is good so far but breath-ability should be better.
- I do like these but issues are there, the sizing is tricky and needs a lot of thought, if you size up or down you can lose out or over gain on width, The insole does not feel supportive enough and tends to become hard, the seamless uppers are ok except on hot days and then it is wet sweaty feet and odor. For short runs locally on roads, they are ok but not for distances.
- The front sole area is too thin and rigid/hard, the boost performance which I appreciated in prior versions seems to only be there while walking and hardly noticable while running. These are not true to size and I had problems with blistering.
- The sizing is off and these caused blisters and really hurt the 2nd toe on both of my feet. Breathability works but it's not so good with these uppers so I returned them.
- They run too small and this change in this shoe range is silly and unexpected while causing problems with fit and comfort. Don't wear these often on hot days as the feet sweat, get damp and uncomfortable and odor tends to linger in the shoe.
The upper part features joined overlays on a separate frame. These joined overlays give the shoe structure and give runners the support they need, especially those who overpronate. This separate frame above the upper contributes to the tighter fit runner’s experience while wearing this shoe. The tighter, more supported fit of the ESM version is also brought to runners by the external heel counter. This provides runners with a better heel fit and continued comfort.
A few reviewers did find the front of the sole to feel very thin and hard. Reviewers found the added cushion to stay strong during 10+ miles without the feeling of a clunky or lethargic shoe. Reviewers found the Adidas Boost Technology to be soft yet responsive. The 4-way stretch mesh material used throughout the upper allows the runner’s foot to breathe while giving the runner a snug fit. The external heel counter gives the runner additional comfort in the rear of the shoe.
• Torsion System used in the outsole
• Breathable, stretchy mesh Techfit in the upper
• External heel counter for a good heel fit
• Grippy rubber outsole
• 11 mm heel-to-toe drop
• Seamless upper overlay construction