Adidas NMD R1 Primeknit
Founded in Germany in 1949, Adidas has been a sports company focused on providing athletes with the best possible equipment from the beginning. They started with shoes and their 3- stripes and built the empire from there, including apparel, accessories, and endorsements. Even today, they bring their designs from the courts to the streets, consistently focusing on their origins. Adidas has gone so far as to create an Originals series, combining a retro aesthetic with today’s technology. This nod to their roots keeps Adidas look consistent and blurs the line between strictly athletic and fashionable shoes.
The Adidas NMD R1 Primeknit continues the Adidas Originals drive to fill the gap between high-end fashionable sneakers and the everyday trainer. The primeknit upper wraps the foot with adaptive support and extreme lightweight comfort. Fitting the foot with a sock-like feel, the NMD R1 features a molded heel patch for added stability, Adidas trademarked Boost midsole for cushioning, and a standard rubber outsole.
- Snug, knit upper for a breathable, comfortable sock-like fit
- Heel reinforcement for added stability
- Stretchy upper that slips on easily
- Stylish design with a choice of colors
- Boost cushioning for added comfort
- Durable design holds up to wear and tear
- Cleaning dirt from knit upper can be a challenge
- Limited terrain capability
- I was worried about sizing but followed the reviews and ordered a hole size smaller and they fit perfect. My feet are extra wide as well so someone with thinner feet may be able to go smaller. The shoe looks great on as well.
- These out did in their performance and are overly comfortable, if that is a thing. No other knit brand can compare to these. The laces are removable and the shoe can be worn without them.
- These shoes had no break in time. I wore them comfortably right out of the box and they feel amazing on and look great.
- I'm a sandal person but these sneakers were great for walking around town. They look great with everyday clothes too.
- These shoes were very light and very comfortable. I want to buy another pair because they look great too. .
- I had to get a half size smaller but they fit like a glove.
- I am overly joyed with my purchase. They are a compliment to any outfit, lightweight and super duper comfortable.
- I plan on ordering another pair. I enjoyed that the tongue accent was leather. They sized perfect. I ordered this shoe in a size 9 and I am glad I did as they fit nicely.
- Number one Adidas in comfort for sure. I had to buy a half size smaller because they do not fit true.
- These shoes are breathable, durable and come in great colors. Just what I was expecting from Adidas. I absolutely love them.
- This shoe is amazingly comfortable and looks great. I recommend this shoe because it breaks in fast and my feet can breath. It seems to run true to size but isn't very easy to clean. It doesn't seem very durable, so I do not recommend it as an everything shoe.
- I am a Nike fan through and through, however, these Pro Knits prove that Adidas is stepping up. They are affordable and look fantastic on. I bought two for my collection and plan on buying more. They are lightweight and comfortable but hard to clean and seem to get dirty fast.
- I think Adidas made these for my feet. They has a super comfortable boost. Another great light weight shoe by Adidas.
- Do not judge by the photos, these shoes are gorgeous. They a great price and comfy for an all day wear. These are easily my favorite sneaker.
- Look good and wear good. I had to buy a smaller size than normal, it runs big. These are breathable and lightweight and easy to clean.
- These sneakers help take the pressure off my joints. I love them.
- My feet are known to sweat, so I love the fact that the material doesn’t really assist in that.
- These shoes are perfect for training. They also look great with jeans, are lightweight and easy to clean.
- I love how stylish these are. They are also comfortable enough to sleep in, I think.
- If you have a wide foot, get a larger size because they are narrow. Love this style sneaker, it always pleases.
- These are my first Adidas trainers I have had in years and they are the best sneakers I have had in year. They fit perfect and are comfortable. I definitely recommend buying.
- They have a super soft boost, which makes them wearable all day. I don't feel any pain or pressure after a days use. They are amazing!
- These are a very light shoe. They fit amazing and are very stylish. They are slimmer than most other trainers and I appreciate that.
- I was able to wear these all day and they were still comfy.
- I have super flat feet and these were apparently made for this issue. They were great. I fully recommend them for anyone in the flat foot club.
- These shoes stretched out and were too big compared to my normal purchase size. They were covered in factory glue and had all sorts of markings and dirt on them. The boost was not working for me and I think only buying for casual walking will do. This shoe is for aesthetics only. I feel that if you try any training you will bust through them in no time. I had high hopes but these were so low in the back that I felt they might come off.
- These were very bad quality and definitely not what I expect from Adidas. I returned them.
- I bought these for my son and he said they were made poorly. The sole started separating after 3 weeks. Boo to you Adidas.
- The size wasn't what I am used to with primeknit-- I own a lot of primeknit. They were too narrow and tight around the toes. I would not recommend this shoe to anyone.
- The color is not what they say. The black is a light brown. I have compared with others and they all have the same color. Not sure why but I was not liking this.
- The toe box busted open after four days and these were pricey. I feel for such a high price, this is unacceptable.
Secure lacing at the top of the foot with a heel pull at the Achilles make this shoe easier to slip into without adjusting laces at each wear and removal. The lightweight, airy design keeps feet cool and comfortable through any activity.
Read also about retro runners.
The Adidas NMD R1 Primeknit is presented in a number of fresh, new designs that have a modern, stylish feel to them. These shoes are perfect for training or for hanging out with friends. The slip-on upper with the sock-like design enables the wearer to forego socks completely if they choose. The outsole is uniform with a fairly flat, typically white colored base. The external supports on the midsole are generally an accent color to the base. With designs like “color static” and “data mosh,” Adidas appeals to the computer generation as well as anyone with a discerning eye for fashion.
The construction of the knit upper uses a dotted ribbing but also fits closely to the foot with thin textile overlays. This keeps the upper breathable but also holds the foot more securely into the shoe with a single unit design, forcing the weight of the foot into the base and adding to the overall stability.
On the exterior, Adidas strategically added blocks to the midsole, increasing the structural integrity and overall stability with more points of contact between outsole and upper.
• Breathable knit upper with lightweight textile overlays keep the foot cool
• External blocks add to additional structural integrity and stability
• Sock-like fit hugs the foot
They have taken that reputation one step further with the Adidas NMD R1 Primeknit. By introducing the Originals line, they are embracing the past, the present, and showing their optimism for the future. The nod to the past is represented in the sole of the shoe with the circular tread and Energy Boost comfort. They also carry forward the 3 stripes that are the identity of the Adidas brand. This model has a selection of styles that don’t feature the 3 stripes as well, unlike many others.
The NMD R1 Primeknit is a fashionable and functional trainer. It can be used in the gym, on the street, or around town running errands. It is comfortable and stable but conveniently sock-like in design. Socks are not necessary. To be top of the line in style and still functional is quite a challenge and this shoe fits both nicely.