Asics Gel DS Trainer 22
The Asics Gel DS Trainer 22 is a lightweight stability racing shoe. It was designed to give the wearer a stable yet responsive ride. It uses a lightweight Dynamic DuoMax Support System that stabilizes and supports the foot, with extra support in the platform that also slows over-pronation comfortably. The Heel Clutching System adds support and improves the fit around the heel. The Guidance Line Midsole Technology uses decoupled tooling and a vertical flex groove that helps the wearer achieve a more natural and efficient gait with smooth transitions. The Impact Guidance System technology also improves the wearer’s natural gait. To improve speed, the Gel DS Trainer 22 uses Propulsion Trusstic Technology to push the foot forward, Rearfoot Gel Technology to cushion landings, absorb shock and improve transitions, and Flytefoam for durable super fiber cushioning that bounces the foot back into the air after each step. The outsole uses Duosole technology for lightweight flexibility, durability and traction, and DuraSponge in the heel for durability and cushioning during landings. If you are a neutral runner or over-pronator looking for a daily running, interval training or medium distance running shoe, read on to see what the Asics Gel DS Trainer 22 has to offer.
- Great grip
- Lightweight and supportive
- Comfortably slows over-pronation
- Smooth interior
- Fast and responsive
- No break-in time
- Thin tongue slides
- Narrow fit and no wide sizes
- Uneven cushioning
- Limited color options
- I use these religiously. This shoe is very reliable and offers mild support for a more shorter and faster type running. I also se them for my interval training and sprint racing. They work really well and are comfortable.
- These have a great grip and are very light. The support is great for a natural style runner. These are great with my races and long runs.
- I am comparing to the 21 model. I used it for speed training. This shoe hold up well to it and even seems lighter than the older model. This has a good support for my pronating.
- I buy these a half size up to accommodate my orthotics and they work well. These fit my slim foot well, which is nice. They are really comfortable and hold my feet well all day.
- These fit great and have a nice light support to them. I have owned all the DS models and I have loved them all. As much as I love these shoes though, after about 3 months, every single pair has fallen apart in the heels. The upper back area fringes out and just falls apart. Only with the DS does this happen.
- These fit smaller than anticipated so I ordered a half size up. I love this shoe otherwise and enjoy their light and stable feel. They are extremely comfortable and cushioned. I work out indoors and do a lot of cardio and these keep my feet happy.
- I love my DS Trainers! This newer version is so much lighter and has way more cushioning than my older trainers. These fit great on my weird skinny feet too, Great shoe!
- These are super shoes. I always get the DS Trainers and these, the 22’s, do not disappoint. They are great for my light runs and they style and colors have definitely been upgraded.
- I purchased these to train for a marathon. They are really great shoes, I just don’t think they ar for the ilage. After about 5 miles they begin to cause heel burn. They are faulted the cushioning I need for the distance. I use cushioned socks, which helps a bit. These however, they are going to be my strength training and short distance shoes because I do like them and they are very light, 6.6 ounces.
- These have corrected the 6 months of annoying pain from my plantars. They have a great responsiveness and are very light to boot! I got a full size up due to the snug mid area and the tighter toe box and they are working great.
- These are a shoe I would highly recommend. They are light and built sturdy. They are flexible and have a lot of comfort when running my daily runs. They needed no break in time; that is how I can tell I have found a great shoe.
- I am liking running in these. They are tighter than my normal Asics. I would definitely suggest getting a half size up. Other than that, they are comfortable and very supportive shoes.
- A half size smaller and a bit tight in the toe box. However, with that worked out, these shoes are great. Light and comfortable and after the switch, the toe box fits great and they cradle my foot.
- This shoe is a great upgrade to this model, which I have bought multiple times. They are very sturdy shoes and seem lighter that the older models. I like that they keep my feet cool too. I really like this shoe a lot.
- The DS trainers are the best shoes made. I have been using these since the 6 model. They consistently get better. They are a neutral style running shoe. They are light and productive. The cushioning is good but for heavier set runners they might fail and flatten a bit. These shoes have been very reliable and I will use them till they stop making them.
- These most definitely run a half size small. I am comparing these to my old GT 2000, these are way more comfortable. They are lighter and have a lot of great supportive cushioning to them. I racked in about 300 miles on these and am now getting a second pair.
- Only negative is the toe box is a bit more snug than I prefer. It works well with a mid strike ad the pavement doesn't smack you back in these. It took a couple runs to break them in but they fit great now.
- These are very similar to the Nike Fly knit. They are just way more durable and comfortable than the Nikes though. These are so very light and stretch well over your feet. I didn't have to use insoles for my overpronation, these did the job and saved me the hassle on their own. I would most definitely suggest a whole size larger. I did a half and they were snug.
- These shoes works magic on my longer runs. I feel like I have cloud pillows attached to my feet. They are a bit snug so go a half or whole up. Once you get them broken in, you will be flying.
- Looks better than expected, thank God. These are great m mild trails and all other running terrain, great grip. They have wonderful support and are mad comfy.
- These are an all over great shoe. Nice and cushy and grip well. They are sturdy and keep my feet in place. I good go to shoe for every day runs.
- I only got a month of use out of these before they started to break down and become unwearable. My other Gels ‘asteed forever. It was mostly in the heel area. This is so disappointing.
- I wasn't able to tie the hoe right with the laces give, they were too short, by like 2 inches. The tongue bulks up and folds over on the top of my foot causing irritation. I am not a tough shoe person but these even started wearing really fast. Poor quality shoe.
- This shoe is horrible. It is really cheaply made and falls apart so fast. I only had these for a bit over a month and they are garbage. I have been wearing ASICS for years, I am switching as I no longer feet seure buying their shoes if this is the route they are going.
- I had to walk barefoot back to the house after the first run. Thee shoes are so god awful terrible and uncomfortable. They went straight back!
- These shoes were way too tight. I only wear ASICS and these just are not right. He sizing is way too off.
- These are lacking al the support and padding I need for a solid and safe running experience. I do not recommend for people who like to run more than a mile a day.
- This shoe was told to have the same room and ride as a noosa. That is not the case. It is so tight and horrible. These gave me blisters right away on my baby toes.
- With normal use they have started to fall apart after a few months in the heel area. They are no longer good to wear. Really poor quality control.
- If you are a heel striker, stay away from this shoe. It will fall apart before you finish 15 miles. The worst GS Trainers I have had.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System
- Impact Guidance System technology
- Propulsion Trusstic Technology
- Heel Clutching System provides a comfortable and supportive fit
- Guidance Line Midsole Technology
- Duosole Outsole is lightweight, flexible, durable and has great traction
- Rearfoot Gel Technology Cushioning System
- Flytefoam bounces the foot back into the air
- DuraSponge Outsole uses AHAR blown rubber for forefoot durability and cushioning
- Textile and synthetic upper