Brooks Launch 2
The Brooks Launch 2 is made for neutral runners looking for a lightweight experience. This shoe is designed to allow the runner a cushioned and flexible run, whether running fartleks, everyday distance training, or running in a competitive race. For a balanced heel-to-toe transition, the Brooks Launch 2 offers a Forefoot Cush Pod Configuration and a Heel Segmented Crash pad. For maximum durability, this shoe features both blown rubber in the forefoot, as well as the HPR Plus System in the heel. With the BioMoGo midsole technology, you as the runner can obtain a true made-for-you experience, as the foam adapts to your specific style of running. In fact, many runners report never having to break these in because they are comfy from the get-go.
In 2012, Brooks considered discontinuing the Launch line. However, runners rose up and demanded its continuation. Now, you get to reap the benefit of that fight with the Brooks Launch 2.
- This shoe is considered lightweight
- It is cushioned by the BioMoGo DNA system
- The flex grooves ensure this shoe is as flexible as possible
- It is made breathable by the air mesh of the upper
- This shoe is biodegradable, and at a more rapid rate than competitors, making it Earth-friendly
- This shoe does not aid in the correction of over-pronating
- Not made for those female runners with a very narrow foot
- I have small heels and these fit great and the sole is a dream. They have rubbed a bit due to the tiny toes box.
- I switched to this brand from Asics and I couldn't be happier. They are super light and supportive and help me with my distance as well as work with my sprinting.
- My favorite shoes ever. They are light and comfy and an all around a great shoe and style.
- I am able to walk and jog in these without issues and I just had surgery. I am super happy that I got these shoes.
- These are a very versatile shoe. From distance running to cross training, these have given me nothing but comfort and stability. The toe box is roomy yet the arches and heel are snug, great fit.
- These have lasted me a whole year and still have some life to them. The were a great price and I just love these shoes.
- They are very supportive for how light and comfortable they are; I was surprised. Good job Brooks.
- I had high expectations for these after trying my daughters. These are the most comfy shoes ever. They were a little stiff at first but they only took one good walk to work out the kinks.
- I switched from my other style Brooks to these and I am impressed. They are not that great for my high arches. However, they are super comfortable and the cushioning in the toe box is great.
- These are very light and comfy. I love running in these.
- These shoes were such a great price for what they offer. I am hooked. I would recommend Brooks to anyone.
- These are the best Brooks shoe on the market if not the best shoe period. They are comfortable and true to size.
- After finishing a marathon, I felt like I could just keep going. These are the most light and comfortable shoes I have ever owned.
- These have great support and are not rigid at all. These shoes are great for any type of runner.
- I have narrow feet and these work great for me. I use them for my daily walks and I have no pain. They have great arch support too.
- I'm usually a Nike runner but these have taken over. I love the stability and how light they are. These are more structured than my old Nikes and offer way more durability without being clunky.
- They are a great supportive runner and I am in love with the style.
- These do not disappoint. They are exactly what they are advertised to be: comfortable, lightweight, durable. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend them without hesitation.
- Without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I am a large dude and move around a lot: in the gym, at work, running; these have not let me down in any aspect.
- I am a chef and I use these at work. They have great traction, are comfortable and lightweight. I bought a couple pair to alternate and I have had them a very long time without having to buy new ones.
- These are a runner’s dream shoe: lightweight, comfortable and can take a heavy stride.
- I did some research and ended up trying these after 4 years with my other sneakers and these are amazing. Me, at over 200 lbs, and over 300 miles, these shoes have held up. They are extremely comfortable and lightweight. They are an all around great running shoe.
- These are super cushy from the toe to the top of the ankle. They breath great and take a lot of impact without the after shock. I ran in the rain and they dried rather quickly.
- I run a lot and work 13 hour shifts at the hospital and these have never failed me. They support me well enough all day that I have not gotten fatigued or had any pain from the day of standing and pacing.
- I like to take these jogging on the trails by my home. I love the traction that they have and that they fit me perfect out of the box; there was no blistery break in time.
- I love these when I take my long runs. I did have to buy a half size up, which was to be expected. These are lightweight and very breathable. The cushion is just right for me as well.
- These were definitely not made for me. I am a nurse and these had my body, from my lower back down, in pain at the end of the day. I am disappointed.
- I have always worn Brooks and these are the worst they have ever came out with. They are not the same sizing and they fell apart after 5 months. This is such a disappointment and I would not recommend buying these.
- These were way too stiff and they were really small in sizing.
- I have really bad knee and heel pain because of these shoes. Also, these only had around 60 miles on them and they started wearing out. That is not good for how much they cost.
Brooks also offers a whole line of breathable products to pair with these breathable running shoes.
The BioMoGo DNA is designed for responsive cushioning as well. One runner reported that the Brooks Launch 2 helped ease her discomfort related to bone spurs on the back of each foot. She reported that the pain had gotten so bad that she could no longer wear typical sneakers. However, these were so soft and cushiony that she was able to wear them to work out. Another runner reported that the Brooks Launch 2 eased her pain with plantar fasciitis.
If you are a woman looking to wear a men’s or a unisex shoe, please purchase a size one and a half times smaller than your normal shoe. An example would be, if you normally wear a size 7, you would purchase a size 5.5 in men’s or in a unisex shoe. If your foot measures between 2 sizes, I recommend choosing the larger size, as Brooks shoes tend to run slightly small. Even if planning to order online, I recommend a trip to the store to try these on first. Don’t worry if you buy the wrong size though, Brooks makes returns easy and relatively painless.
Some runners report that this stiffer midsole provides better cushioning and protection. The midsoles seem to wear out around 300 miles, give or take depending on the runner. Check the soles of your shoes regularly and look for wear. You know it is time to replace them if sections are wearing thin. It is important to replace shoes regularly to avoid injury. When was the last time you checked your shoes?
Key Features of the Launch 2
• Forefoot durability, flexibility, and responsiveness enhanced by a blown rubber outsole
• Durable traction in the heel made possible by the HPR Plus System
• Consistent under-foot feel improved by the Universal Sprung Platform
• Environmentally friendly BioMoGo DNA for responsive cushioning