Brooks Ghost 11 Review & Rate for quality
The Brooks Ghost running shoe models are a very popular ‘go-to’ shoe for many runners. The one we’re going to look at today is the eleventh iteration of this particular model, the Brooks Ghost 11 review. With this newest version comes Brooks’ new DNA Loft midsole insert for added cushioning, softness and responsiveness. The 11’s updated mesh upper fits like a glove and has been well-received by reviewers. There have been updates to this model from the previous version. Moreover, Brooks has kept their popular BioGoMo foam in the midsole for a truly customized fit. The Ghost 11 is a road running shoe that has proven itself to be a new favorite amongst Brooks fans.
-Fits true to size
-Nice to have different width options available
-Comfortable and well-cushioned
-Provides a lot of traction
-Tighter toe box area than in previous models
-Small and narrow toe box area
-Upper lacks structure
- I haven’t ever had a shoe with this much support. I run regularly and these make running a breeze. They are so comfortable and nice and light.
- These shoes were made to go. Thy are supportive and work wonderful for me since I am on my feet all day. They also look really nice.
- I do a lot of high impact exercises and these are so good and help my knees. These offer the extra cushioning for stability that I need for my knee issues. They are great for normal to under pronators.
- I run around 50 miles a week and like a good cushioned stable shoe. These are a bit looser than the 10s but it is still a great shoe. They have extra padding in the heels that work great and help with my endurance.
- These shoes really lock in the ankle and heel and support me. I have put 100 miles on these and my feet and ankles and back are so happy and without pain. I have used them on numerous terrain and I always feel supported.
- Light and comfortable runner. I am older and like a real traditional style shoe, these are perfect and have a lot of cushioning. They run perfect to size and keep my leg pain at bay. These are the 3rd pair I have bought, the old ones had about 500 miles on them.
- This shoe was made for neutral runners who don’t overpronate. These work so well with my long distance running, much better than my Hokas and Cliftons. I would say the most cushioned and stable I have found.
- I am able to keep my feet comfortable without fatigue on my 13 hour shifts. I work in a hospital and need the extra support. I would safely say these are the best shoes out there. They really keep me pain free.
- Top of the line running shoes. They really go great distance running and are top notch comfort. They offer a lot of support as well. Best shoe ever Brooks.
- I work as a trades woman and am on my dogs all day without them barking because of these shoes. They are so supportive and they are cushioned and cszy. They breathe well, which is a huge plus for me. I hate sweaty feet. They have a nice heel on them that helps with the back pain.
- These have nice insoles but are able to be changed. They have good room in the toes and the soles are really springy and cushioned.
- The insides are so soft and have tons of cushioning. They absorbed a lot of impact, which in return apparently absorbed my knee pain. I have never had a shoe that took pain away, I am now hooked on Brooks.
- These are so much better than the other models. I mean these are a great upgrade. They are neutral shoe with a lot of stability. They don’t need breaking in and have cushion for days. The toe box doesn’t have any tightness to it. This is a a dang great shoe.
- These shoes make running more bearable. They have a a nice springly cushioned and stable sole to them. Great shoe.
- They looked way far better than the photos showed. They shoe fits perfect in width and length. They have tons of cushioning , which is awesome stability. These shoes have held up to my big bones and weight without collapsing at 10 miles a day usually. I love to run. These do not give me any knee pain either. Worth every penny.
- I have some scar tissue that creates a lot of pain due to nerve pressure. These have such a great cushion and roominess to them, I do not have any pain. So much room in there. Thanks god for this shoe.
- These have all nut cured my supination pain. I could barely go down stairs and these have been a dream. I really wish these were not so expensive though. I mean seriously. They are great but, oof.
- Thes have worked perfect with my overpronating, flat feet. They have tons of support and keep me from being wobbly. They have tons of cushion yet are super light. I am in awe of these shoes, just wonderful.
- These do not give me the knee pain the 10s did when I did my half marathons. After 50 miles in these, I have to say they are the best and most comfortable shoes ever. I have a wide foot and these accommodate every centimeter.
- These prevent my feet from fatigue. I wear them daily and they are so stable and cushioned.
- This 11 has way more cushion than the last models. It is a really nice upgrade. I loved the others but these are fantastic. They are cushioned and really accommodate my wide feet. They sure are pricey though but you won’t be disappointed.
- I am a Nike convert. I didn’t know shoes were made with this much cushioning and support. I am so grateful I found these, I am enjoying my runs again.
- These look really nice, I am surprised. Tey are extra all over: comfort, stability, support. Everything about this shoe is great . I cannot believe they made a great shoe even better.
- These are cushioned really nicely and the shoe is actually the size is offers. They do not swallow my heel and create knee pain, they just support and cushion. I will be buying these again.
- I am in awe with Brooks, they did it again. This shoe is amazing and supportive and extra comfortable on my runs.
- I can’t believe how much pain these caused. My feet were slipping around in the and I couldn’t get them to tightened properly. These are not like the 10s at all. My toes were all in the mesh, so uncomfortable.
- The 10s worked great with my scary painful bunion. These are tighter in the toe box and crush my foot. I am not fit for the 11 obviously.
- The right shoe was so much smaller fitting that the left. Everything looked nice and was there that the 10s had, they just fit really strange and it was uncomfortable.
- These are supposed to be cushy but they were a bit tp firm and thick. They didn’t have a deep arch and the design kicks up on the toes and doesn’t feel right on my feet.
- These hurt my feet with just a 5 mile run. They lack cushioning that other Brooks have. Not the best one I have had by far.
Compared to the Ghost 10, the mesh on the newest version is not only smoother and seamless, but it really helps to keep the dirt out, too. The material found on the rear of the upper is woven a little differently, providing a denser weave for added support in the midfoot area. The dual layer of mesh is supposed to wrap around the foot without causing any irritation.
That said, however, one reviewer mentioned that it felt like their small toe was pushing on the material of the upper as if there wasn’t enough room in the toe box. This same reviewer said that they’ve never required wide fit shoes in the past which makes us here at RunnerClick wonder if the sizing is inconsistent for all of the Ghost 11 shoes.
Another negative comment we read about the upper was that it seems to lack the structure that the previous Ghost models offered. The midfoot overlays that helped to hug the foot and lock it in during their runs are missing in this new iteration. On the positive side in this Brooks Ghost 11 review, the heel counter in the 11 helps to support the heel and keep it locked in place. There is one tongue glide loop present on the tongue of the shoe which is a nice feature to have as it helps to keep the tongue in the correct place during the entirety of your run.
Many of the reviews we read online for this Brooks Ghost 11 review praised the comfort level. As mentioned above in this Brooks Ghost 11 review, the BioMoGo DNA that is featured in the Ghost 11 provides a gel base that really ups the comfortability of the shoe. Some reviewers, however, were not fans of the updated upper. One reviewer mentioned that their toes dug into the mesh part of the shoe, causing them great discomfort until they decided to return them for a different running shoe option. Others mentioned that the toe box in the Ghost 11 feels smaller than in its predecessor.
-Segmented Crash Pad for added shock absorption
-Brooks’ DNA Loft cushioning & crash pad