Brooks PureCadence 3
The Brooks PureCadence 3 is a lightweight stability shoe. The PureCadence 3 is part of Brooks’ Pure Project line. The line features a series of shoes meant to provide varying degrees of support in a lightweight package. The shoes are geared towards runners who want to experience a more natural ride. The PureCadence 3 is an everyday trainer that’s low to the ground. A few updates have been delivered in this third version of the PureCadence. The shoe is much more stable than before and the comfort has been improved as well. The PureCadence 3, along with other shoes from the PureProject line, is a good choice for runners looking to transition to more minimal footwear. The shoe can handle the roads, treadmill running, and non-technical trails. It can be worn for long distances or for faster interval runs.
- Very supportive shoe without the bulk
- Fits true to size
- Very durable
- Some reviewers found the arch was too prominent, causing discomfort.
- Hard cushioning
- Toe box is much too narrow
- I bought a second pair of these for back up and the fact that I assume that they would be discontinued like every great shoe. These are amazing. They are light and durable. I have never found a better shoe. They have held up to all the Army crap I have put them through, no problem.
- These helped my pronation without over correcting. My favorite shoes for cross country for sre. They support and are light. I have had zero issues with these. Love these shoes. They clean up easy and never have lost the shape in the washer.
- The cushioning is really nice and fitting with maximum support They are more durable than any other minimalist shoe I have used. The only issue I have had is that they do not loosen well in the laces. Makes for a difficult on and off.
- These have the best support and are my everyday work out shoe. I am a personal trainer and I won’t go to another brand or shoe. These really support your whole body, not just your foot. I have bought two pair and will be buying a third.
- Best support in a running shoe I have found. Great feel. I love these shoes. By far the best I have ever worn.
- These are the best shoes I have ever worn. I do not have anything negative to say THey have pushed through all my extensie military training and they never fall apart. I really recommend these to any real runners or people who work out hard.
- This is my second pair of these and they are the best on the market. They are so stable and cushioned, it is unbelievable because they are also light. Cannot get a better shoe.
- I upped these a half size and they are perfect. These are the most comfortable shoes ever. I have a bunion and these do not bother it at all. They have aso corrected my pronation. I am not pain free and running straight, no rolls either.
- These help my speed by being so light yet really supportive. They have cured my overpronating. They have a good shape and toe box is wide. These are a perfect daily workout shoe.
- This is the 3rd pair I have bought and they always fit like they are supposed too. They are a bit different laterally. Best workout shoe EVER. Super supportive and comfortable. I am so super happy with my purchases.
- Pair number 5 and I am so pleased. They fixed a tongue issue, which is great. I had to break these in a bit more than before. They are really light too. Great shoe Brooks! Could go with better colors.
- These are really light shoes and they fit like gloves for my feet. They have a good reaction to them and a bounce. They fit to size right out of the box and had no breaking in. Great all around workout shoe.
- I am a pretty big dude, used to be a professional linebacker. These are super durable and the stitching has not stressed at all after a year and half of use. All I have had to do to thee is change the insole, perfect shoe.
- These have so much cushion and they hold firm on rubbish. These support me well on all sorts of terrain. I love feeling secure and comfortable in a shoe. Great shoe Brooks, I’ll be buying more.
- It may take a bit to get used to a minimalist shoe but these break you in nie and easy. These have tons of cushion and support the foot really well. This has been the best shoe I have ever bought and helps me with my run as well as makes me what to run.
- Great shoe and great brand. I have a really aggressive injury on my knee and it keeps me in pain. With these shoes, however, I have not had any issues. I wish I could sleep in them because I have pain at night. Great product, really.
- Light, comfortable, and responsive shoe. I will only buy these as long as they make them. These are a real natural style run and keep me flying with no pain.
- I feel real light on my feet when I run in these. They are beyond comfortable and I highly recommend them to anyone who likes feeling great when they run!
- These are my new go to for my marathon i used to train in Brooks but now they are my runners. My feet didn't burn and they absorbed all the shock from the road. They are a low profile shoe and felt like I had been wearing them for years right out of the box.
- The style and fit are great. Although I only use these for walking, they are great and supportive. The sole is a bit hard at first and the cushioning is not too plush, they are surprisingly really comfortable. They are really good quality.
- Put these on and rana half a marathon. Perfect fit and great support. I would use these for a full marathon for sure. They fit my foot perfect and offer everything a good runner should with no pain of hot spots.
- These are such great shoes and right there with the older model that I used for my marathons. After getting these I used them for a few miles and then decided to do the NY marathon in them. So glad that I did. They are so light and grip well on wet cement. The toe is so open and airy. I have to say these are my new faves, great upgrade.
- These are great shoes but the 2’s were better. I love these and they are really light. BUT: the mid area of the sole is stiffer, The push off isn't as bouncy, ugly colors for sure and the upper part is narrower. Nothing major and I do like them just wanted to share a good review.
- These are great long distance shoe. They ave great cushioning to them and they are really surprisingly light. They are a but narrower than the others and a bit stiffer but they re wider in the toes, which is really nice. They breathe well and haven't felt any different when I run in them. Great shoe.
- I loved the 2 and bought several pair. The 3 however is way to tight in the toes and created hot spots right off the bat. I tried to get them in some good runs but they are just so painful. They went back to the store.
- I have used all the Pure Cadence and this one has hot spots on the outer parts of the feet. They are ugly too. I’ve put 200 miles on them and they aren't holding up as well as I expected either. I’ll be buying another shoe next time.
- These are not durable at all. Put them on for the second run and the lace holes ripped and popped out. Poor construction obviously. Really disappointed for the cost.
- They aren't that durable. They started to come apart in the lacing after a few runs, I am not happy about that at all, I need a shoe I can rely on . I run a lot.
- These gave me mean blisters across the toes and some of the fabric started to fray. I am not sure about the hype but I am not impressed.
Also present in the midsole is the Internal Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB). This feature helps to stabilize runners as they move forward. Quite a few reviewers found the cushioning more than a bit rigid. A large percentage of reviewers also complained about the prominent arch which was too pronounced and caused too much pressure.
The shoe also features an asymmetrical lacing system. It's more form than function but some reviewers with a high in-step found the off-centered design helped remove some pressure from their foot. The shoe's laces are textured which helps them stay in place.
Many reviewers found the toe box was uncomfortably tight, causing blisters to form, and the foot to go numb. Natural toe splay is not possible in the PureCadence 3 thanks to the very narrow forefoot. Quite a few reviewers commented on the fact that the cushioning was very hard underfoot. Many found that the thick midsole could have been a bit softer to improve comfort.
The shoe features ample cushioning in the front of the foot making it a great option for forefoot strikers. Many shoes feature a concentration of cushioning in the rearfoot which excludes forefoot strikers from receiving the same amount of protection. In the PureCadence 3, those that land on the front of their foot will also be protected from impact.
The prominent arch also ensures the wearer's arch is well supported. Quite a few reviewers, though, did comment that the arch protruded too much and caused unwanted pressure throughout their runs.
Reviewers were very happy with the shoe's ability to grip various surfaces. Even when the ground is wet, the PureCadence 3 is able to ensure runners move forward feeling stable. As with most shoes, it's a good idea to add crampons during the winter months since the pods underfoot are not aggressive enough to handle icy surfaces.
The shoe also features Omega Flex Grooves which help to increase the shoe's pliability. Runners were very pleased with the shoe's ability to promote natural movement. A more natural running shoe feel is the intention for the models of the PureProject line and on this aspect the PureCadence 3 certainly delivers.
- Rounded IDEAL Heel sheds excess weight and helps with stability
- BioMoGo DNA outsole provides added cushioning, traction, and durability
- Toe Flex helps ensure an efficient toe-off and more natural foot movement
- NavBand in the upper is intended to provide a snug and secure fit and enhance support
- Omega Grooves in outsole help to provide flexibility
- Asymmetrical lacing system with textured laces means wearers will be able to tie their shoes and not have to worry about laces coming undone
- Internal Progressive Diagonal Rollbar provides stability
- Pods underfoot provide traction and protect from wear and tear
- Medial Post provides stability and prevents overpronation