Hoka One One Clayton
Despite the bulky look of this shoe, the Hoka One One Clayton is a really lightweight shoe. These shoes have a good level of cushioning and responsiveness that make them lightweight and fast. For more stable and comfortable rides, these shoes feature the unique Oversize Active Foot Frame. That component manages to offer durable and efficient support. The shoes are considered a great hybrid between racing and training shoes, but most athletes prefer them for racing. Runners that have taken them for marathon running were pleased with the level of comfort these shoes provide during long runs. As the design of the shoe has shown to be great for some and terrible for others, we recommend you to try them first if you have the chance.
- Remarkable cushioning
- High energy return
- Very durable
- Remarkable traction
- Good shock absorption
- Enhanced support
- It has generated blisters in the arch area.
- Toes feel cramped.
- Lack of stability in the heel area
- This shoe helps in so many ways. It takes pressure off of my tendon injury. The minimal drop has enhanced my speed, since I am a mid striker. It is comfy and a one of a kind shoe. Love these.
- These are actually a bit bigger than the other models. I loved the Cliftons and these are comparable. They are really light and have just a little less cushion than the Clifton. They are stiff in the foot, which is normal. They are wider in the front as well and the tongue is thinner and flatter, which is really nice.
- The softer heels have saved my joints: knees, ankles, hips, etc. These are going on 1200 miles and they are still useable and soft. I am getting more, however. These have a solid impact and a stable ride, even with the higher heel placement. They have a great grip to the sole and they shape your feet ice. The grip allows mild terrain to not be a problem. After all those miles, I am only showing one spot of wear, a slight tear at the toe and sole. Nothing major. I love these shoes and they are for long or short distance runners.
- These shoes are so good They are very light. I mean EPIC light. They have tons of cushion and keep me wanting to run! These make my feet happy and give me a reason to run. They are very light and have tons of cushion. They have been so good for my back. Great shoe.
- These have proven to be a great balance between a minimalist and structured running shoe They have tons of cushion but are wildly light. They are really thin on the upper material with a thin tongue and a structured but not over done heel padding. These are a really great shoe an I highly recommend them. They also fit me right to size.
- I run around 20 miles a week and am of average height and weight. They have worked well with my high arches. They have perfect amount of cushion and they are light yet stable shoe. You really cannot go wrong with this shoe.
- I haven't gotten one blister with these shoes. I have a slight pronation and narrow feet. I run marathons in these babies. They have really been a stable and admirable shoe. I am used to my arches breaking down in my Hokas. Not these, they are still going good after 400 mils. These are so great that i stockpiled. Never done that before. I just love them so much!.
- If you are dealing with high arches and have anuteral style run, these are for you. They make me go faster and are super light. They didn’t give me blisters like some were saying. These are actually better than the Clifton for me.
- These are supportive yet light. They are roomy in the toes and are built for endurance runners. They are bit bigger than the other models but great nonetheless.
- These gave me a blister on the arch of my foot. I fixed this problem, which I am hoping is fixed in the next model, by adding my old Nike insoles to these and if fixed them right up. The shoe is comfortable, light and had great grip. These really cup the heels nice. Super Huggy to my feet.
- Out of the box comfort! Helps prevent flare up with my fasciitis. I do not get my normal aches and pains when I walk in these. These, I would recommend to any type of runner! They are great.
- These have provided stellar support for my bad bones. I suffer from some serious lg and back pain most of the time but not with these. These have really saved me and I am able to run a bit more.
- I'm a Hoka fan, have quite a few pair. This one in particular has less cushion but is better with lateral movement. They are light as always and are great to travel with. Love my Hokas.
- After slipping my foot into these babies, I have never looked back. I have worrisome feet and they hurt all the damn time. These take all that away. I run about 25 miles a week and have really wide feet. They take away any and all residual body stress and they are really fun to look at, such bright colors.
- I'm old, 70, and I have some deterioration fro arthritis in my joints. These really keep the balls of my feet from getting numb and help with all the pain my old bones try to fussy up. They have ample toe space and are really light. I wish they were more water resistant. Maybe there is a spray for that.
- I am so in love with these shoes. These are a bit firm compared to the Cliftons, which I like but still soft and cushy. They are well structured and help my foot pain to where I am able to run more miles without hurting. They have not given me any issues with blisters like I have been reading. These are a great shoe and I suggest them or sure.
- II cannot express enough how amazing these shoes are. I average 20 miles a week and do training for marathons, running three s far. These shoes have been a godsend. I have pretty intense tendonitis and these never cause me to flare up. I switched from Brooks to this shoe and I cannot get enough.
- These have a much larger to box than the Cliftons I ordered. I ordered a half size up and they are great. They have a really good high arch support. I didn’t have to use my orthotics with these, which is a dream come true.
- They seem a little bulky initially but surprisingly are super light and supportive and look great. They had a hot spot in the arch at first but it went away.
- These are a dream for my hip and knees. They are so cushioned and supportive yet very stupidly light. These keep my stride correct , which also helps in the pain dept. So happy with this shoe. They work great for my 8 to 10 mile runs.
- I was surprised that the higher sole didn't create any rolls or twists in my ankles. They feel great on impact and absorb well. I am happy with this shoe for sure, pure magic.
- These shoes were such a disappointment. I am having to stockpile the Clifton ones.These gave me and my BF severe blisters in both arches on both of our feet. Not just little ones, like damaging ones. So unhappy about this.
- Hese shoes ran way larger than my other Hokas. The tongue is too flimsy and the toe box is WAY too much. These are less support too. Just not happy all together.
- Purely an uncomfortable shoe. I am on my feet all day and I knew right away these were going to hurt. These really lacked cushion and support compared to my old Cliftons. I am disappointed to say the least. I don’t recommend.
- The front was tight and gave me blisters. I am starting to get a hot spot on the arches and big toe a well.. This is just one big blister machine. I am not impressed.
- They are hard on the inside and has stiff tread that catches every bit of debri it can. The arches are supe pressured and don't hit even. They also have no cushion compared to my other running shoes. I do not like these.
- Everything about this shoe was fantastic: support, cushioning, style. However, they rubbed some nasty blisters in my arches, which was really painful and discerning. Too bad.
- The tongue was all over the place and had no padding to it. This is a huge deal breaker for me. I need that extra little padding and support. Plus, it is annoying.
- Light and cushioned, i loved them at first. However, the arches are brutal! They gave me a pair of blisters that took weeks to heal. Just awful really.
- The durability is low. They have holes in the top of them. For how pricey these are, i expect more.
• Marshmallow midsole
• Early Stage Meta-Rocker Geometry
• Active Foot Frame
• RMAT non-rubber outsole
• Welded TPU overlays
• Upper mesh