Hoka One One Clifton 5
Founded in France in 2009, Hoka One One prides itself on the design that it’s dubbed “maximalist.” While other brands try to perfect that close-to-the-ground platform that some runners look for, this company dedicates its time to perfecting the oversized sole unit. Those who enjoy greater cushioning, a flexible wear and a low heel-to-toe drop will find a plethora of options to choose from within this brand. One of its more dependable lines, Clifton, consistently provides runners with this signature cushioning while still being lightweight and pliable. The fifth version in this line successfully maintains this exact reputation while including new stability features and a much more simplified design. As with the previous models, it performs best in casual settings or any length of road running. It does have some unfortunate downsides, however, including a stiff upper unit and a lack of responsiveness.
-Available in several eye-catching color schemes
-Made from high-quality materials
-Various width options available
-Soft underfoot cushioning
-Lightweight and breathable wear
-Fits narrower than average
-Midsole lacks responsiveness
-Upper is too stiff
- After multiple ankle and knee surgeries, I was worried I wouldn't run any more. That was until I found these. They took away the pain actually and have given me the life to run again. These have added speed and got me back in the marathon game. They have been great for my heel striking guiding me properly.
- These are not as soft as the 4s and they are a bit more durable. They work better in the distance running as well. Make sure to break them in and get used to them before you go full force, these are a beast.
- I am so in love with the comfort and I hate tennis shoes. The rocker is great and helps my foot condition. These help me keep up a normal stride when I walk and run.
- These shoes were worn down after 300 miles. The shoe looks great the sole is gone. They also throw up sand and it gets in the shoe.
- These have been my little dreamboats when I am at work. They are so comfortable and allow me to move around in the hospital for hours without any discomfort. I have zero foot pain after getting into these. The sole wears way too quick though, only issue.
- This shoe is amazingly comfortable. It is super dense. It has a lot of absorption and is light. They are wide and stable on the sole and the toes bend a bit and don't drag and trip me up. I am clumsy and thee help tons.
- These support my aches and every joint in my body thanks me after work. They have tons of support and I never have pain with them.
- I needed a good supportive shoe and thee gave it to me along with all kinds of other comfort. The design is great and really helps me. No more fasciitis pain!
- I cannot believe I found a sneaker that supports, caresses, eats the pain and helps me throughout the day with my over problematic feet. These are the most cloud like I have ever felt on my feet and they are so stable and responsive. Great brand and great freaking shoes.
- Very light shoes with epic arch support. These carried me through Disney for 4 days with no issues. So much support and comfort it is unbelievable, seriously! BUY THEM.
- These keep my knee and hip pain at bay for my power walks and mild jogging I do daily. Hoka has great customer service as well and fixed a tread issue I had real fast.
- Lightweight supportive running shoe. I take it about 10 miles a day and never have issues. I cannot rave enough about this shoe, I highly, HIGHLY recommend them.
- I have the following: hammer toes, arthritis, bunions, flat feet. I mean you name the issue and I'm packin! These shoes have been a dream for my feet. I am able to pace with ease and even run with no pain since I got these. I feel like I could walk forever, to the moon and back!
- I was having trouble finding shoes to accommodate the fasciitis, so painful. These have been the winners of pain control. The top of the shoe is socklike and very soft material. I am not a fan of all the crazy colors, so I just bought black.
- These have been the best shoes for my achilles recovery. They fit my soft brace in there with no issues. I ordered a half a size up and they fit great.
- These have a great wide toe box, I can wiggle my piggies. I have a wide ball and some hammer toes and these really work for this.
- I used to always suffer from horrible aching sensation by the end of my 13 hour work shifts. Not anymore thanks to these shoes. They are so nice and comfortable. These have readjusted my stride and have been really a supportive shoe. They are worth every penny, like fitted marshmallows.
- These really have done a number for my high arches. They have been the best supportive shoes I have ever worn. I wear the bondis to run in . Hoka is the best brand out there in my opinion and offers such great quality products.
- I wear them every day I am on my feet for 8 hours on concrete I have been doing this for 30 years I have bad foot and heel pain along with my knees since these shoes foot pain is so much better in feet and my knees they are amazing and the comfort cushion is great.
- I apparently pronate I found out recently after getting the pain in my feet and ankles checked. These shoes were referred to me by my doc and I am shocked. The pain went away almost immediately. I never knew. They are colorful and comfortable and just lovely to walk in.
- I wanted to like these and then blisters started forming in between my toes. I am so unhappy with them and the pain. My old Hokas never did this.
- These are a lot more narrow and they have a much smaller toe box. Not that comfortable.
- I love Hoka but ot these. They slide and rub my foot all over, I hate it, so painful. I love my Bondis
- They worked great for a while and then the calluses started forming and then the pinching and then the balls of my feet started hurting. Now they give me blisters. I am disappointed. Too bad, they could have been great
- These are absolutely nothing like my 3s; they are more like a surgical boot and less fluffy. They are also very narrow and closed in. Not the comfort I am used to from Hoka. NOT EVERYONE HAS NARROW FEET! My pinky toes are ate up!
- These are not wide enough even in the wide that I ordered. They really ate up my feet and my toes are really angry. They hurt so bad.
- I have bout over 40 pairs of Hoka and these just suck. They are light but dang if the don't hurt and rub. The seam really creates a mean hotspot. I wish they would just kept them like the 4s.
- The 4s really worked well with my feet. These are so much different and like little torture mechanisms for my toes. They have no bounce to them, they were narrow and just really all over discomfort. What happened?.
- Hoka has been my jam since way back and now they went and thrown it all away. They are causing all kinds of foot pain and I am not sure I can deal with it. What did ya'll do man? Hoka needs to not change a good thing.losing the magic.
- My 3s were so dreamy and fluffy and just right. They didn't upgrade they just made a totally different shoe. I am so disappointed because the Clifton was the heat, now they are garbage.
-Ultra-plush EVA foam midsole for cushioning
-Moisture-wicking Molded Ortholite Sockliner
-Breathable engineered mesh upper
-3D Puff Print Frame gives structure
-Available in multiple color options
-Heel-to-toe drop of 5mm