New Balance 880 V7
The New Balance 880 V7 is an affordable neutral cushioned road shoe that features a standard drop and feels significantly lighter than it actually is. This seventh version of the 880 features a bevy of updates that greatly improve the stability, support, responsiveness, and more. The New Balance 880 V7 is a durable trainer made for runners who want to go long but still want to be protected from the forces of impact. The shoe is a near perfect option for those seeking a well-padded ride. With no break-in period required, the 880 is ready to go right out of the box. Read on the find out more about this popular New Balance shoe.
- Feels lighter than it actually is
- Midsole feels stable and supportive
- Well-cushioned midsole good for long distance
- Provides a responsive, fast ride
- Comfortably sized toe box
- Nice fitting upper
- Nicely padded heel and tongue
- No break in period required!
- Very durable
- Not the best for sockless runs
- These shoes make me feel faster. The design is really nice and they are very comfortable.
- These are great in style. I have bought 5 pairs of these and I am super pleased every time. They fit really snug to my feet and are really comfy.
- These shoes are fantastic for wide feet. I was happy to find a shoe that accommodate this. The fit like a glove.
- These shoes are super supportive and extra comfortable. These are just a great shoe. I want to buy more.
- I was happy to find a shoe that was equal in the foot through the length and the width. They are also a really durable shoe and made great.
- This shoe has a great arch support and they are comfortable all throughout the shoe. They also have a great style and look to them.
- I used these for my training and then my marathon, they were fantastic. They fit to size and had the perfect amount of cushioning and support. I will be purchasing more.
- I like that NB is built for longevity and durability. These shoes always last me, like my Asics. THey are really comfortable and protect my feet when I do my longer mile runs.
- These shoes did not give me any blisters and they had a great running flexibility to the,. The inside is a neutral softness and comfort. Great shoe!
- One day I hope they make these in gortex, that would be wonderful. But for now, these will do! I love the style and everytime they come out with a new one it gets better and better. Comfort, style and design, all an A+.
- I was really sad when I had to retire my v6, i really love the 880 design. I put almost 450 miles on them and they were still looking ok. I didn't know what to expect from the upgrade but these did not disappoint. THank god! They were great right out of the box. They were really light weight and were just as perfect as my v6.
- These shoes really assist in controlling the pain from the nerve damage in my feet. They are true to size and they fit very comfortably. Good shoe NB.
- These are sturdy, neutral shoe. They were perfect for my super long walks while on vacation and they didn't give me any trouble. They were really comfortable and they look great.
- I have super achy feet and need a really good supportive shoe at the gym, these were it. Really great and they helped a lot.
- I was worried because I was getting foot pain during my Zumba classes. These have more than fixed the issue. They absorb everything.
- I am really impressed with the cushioning in this shoe. It has a great look and is really supportive.
- I have trained in all my half marathons in these shoes and have never been disappointed. I bought a couple pairs to switch out and I am so happy with the, They have great support and keep me from rolling my ankles like I have had issues with in the past.
- Out of the box delights. Never have I had one issue with these. They were recommended by my foot doctor and therapist and wowza! They were right. They have eliminated the back pain I suffer from when I stand too long. I am able to stroll without stress on any given day and that is all I wanted. Great solid and supportive shoe.
- I like that this shoe is a bit narrow, they fit my feet perfect. These are the only sneakers I will buy. They are a great price and support is phenomenal. They also look cool.
- I am able to run again now that I found these shoes. These are light and do not bother my ankles or joints. I have been able to run faster now that I have these and they have eliminated all the residual pain I am used to from my troublesome feet.
- These shoes have saved my feet at work. I spend 40 hours a week standing on concrete and pacing a back and forth. I cannot say thanks enough for these shoes.
- These shoes are made for a beating and they are super supportive, diesel shoes for sure. They are unique in style and I love that they are narrow enough to hold my skinny feet.
- These seemed really tight in the toes at first. However, they definitely loosened up after just one use and fit great. They are really comfortable and a wonderful shoe all together. I highly recommend this shoe. The break in well so don't worry if they are a little tight.
- I ended up switching to these from my 1080s for the color and am pleasantly surprised, they are better in my opinion. They are a bit less softer than my 1080s but not less comfortable and they are way more rigid. This is a basic shoe and does exactly what it was made to do.
- I had these fit to size professionally and I used them properly, they did not last. These shoes started to break away at the heels and are now creating blisters. I literally only put 30 miles on them. These are a disaster waiting to happen. I am very unhappy because I paid a lot of money for them.
- I can barely wear these without wanting to rip them off and throw them. They make a horrible squeaking sound.
- The shoe itself is comfortable and looks nice. I was disappointed by the size, it was way off.
- I actually got measured for these shoes then bought online because they didn't have my color/size combo at the store, they were way off. I guess the size isn't consistent throughout the shoes. This is a huge bummer. They felt great at the store. I returned them. Going to look for another brand all together.
- I am mad that these got so much bigger after one use. They fit and then they were swimming. Be aware because I couldn't return them since I used them once. I even got these fitted in a store.
- These shoes are way too narrow. I bought these t replace an old pair and these are just way off.
r amount of grip underfoot.
Reviewers enjoyed the fact that the shoe required virtually no break-in period since the outsole was not overly stiff and rigid. Runs went smoothly ride off the bat.
Reviewers felt that the midsole was well-cushioned and worked well for distance training. In addition, a few reviewers pointed out that the heel was nicely padded and that the plush cushioning did not cause instability. A few reviewers also mentioned that they felt the midsole cushion felt bouncy. Runners used to stiffer shoes may not like the soft foam in the New Balance 880 V7.
A snazzy looking 3D print on the upper adds a nice design touch and also provides additional support for the wearer. A neoprene tongue provides a nice amount of stretch to that area and both the heel collar and tongue are well-padded for comfort. Inside the shoe is a removable insole.
Reviewers liked the comfortably sized toe box of the V7 and mentioned that they liked the soft upper material. A few folks did mention that the tongue had a tendency to slip out of place, but this was a minor issue.
In terms of updates, the V7 upper has a bit more give to it than the V6 upper. The thinner mesh improves air circulation while still managing to offer support. The toe box is nice and roomy, more so than before. The upper also wraps the foot better than before without causing uncomfortable pressure points.
The shoe should handle well throughout a training season. It should last well over 300 miles.
The nice grippy outsole also contributes the shoe's overall stability and so does the fit of the upper. This version of the shoe features a better upper fit for improved support and stability.
- TruFuse foam is lightweight and provides padding and rebound
- Midsole T-BEAM offer light stability for neutral runners
- 3D print on the upper isn't just for looks, it provides additional support
- Stretchy neoprene tongue
- Engineered Fantom Fit upper features improved ventilation
- Seamless upper is more flexible than before
- Available in wide widths
- Insoles are removable
- Improved Flex Grooves