The Salomon Speedtrak is a revamped version of the Fellraiser. Outdoor enthusiasts love this shoe for obstacle races and long distance ultramarathons. Regardless of the weather conditions or terrain, this shoe can handle it. The upper has been redesigned to include a more durable, more breathable upper. The upper now comes with TPU overlays to lock the foot in place. The midsole features a simple, but effective EVA midsole foam that absorbs shock and keeps the runner close to the ground. Runners love the responsive, durable outsole of this shoe too. It uses Salomon’s tough Wet Traction Contagrip to grip the terrain below regardless of the conditions. The lug system is specifically designed to ensure that mud and debris shakes off quickly. The Speedtrak is lightweight enough to promote speed and agility for the runner but it is durable and protective enough to take the runner through some of the toughest terrains. The price is reasonable considering how long this shoe lasts for and how protective and secure it is to the runner. The style is rugged and bright and runners loved that it got them noticed on the trail and set them apart from other racers.
- Great for obstacle races
- Bright and colorful
- A little pricey
- Cannot be used on roads
- I purchase Salomon always for my hikes. These have held up nice and are for a more medium to light hikes. I am never disappointed with them. They have stiffer shoes for more long distance. This is my daily hiking shoe. It is perfect. just like all the others but a more mild build for strolling. Not so much for the big guns. It has a much stiffer sol than my other Salomons.
- I bought two of these right off the bat. I knew they would be great. Thee are durable and have wonderful sull support for the hiking I do. The grip is a life saver ad keeps me from slipping around. I have high arches and these support that and fit to size.
- I am comparing these to my other Salomon Speedcross. These are just as I expected: rigid, durable, wide toe space and protection, sturdy and comfortable. They aren't quite as comfy as my old speeds but they are ok. The cleats are definitely better though and grip great. I ordered a half size bigger for weather purposes and wearing large sox and hey are great. The shoe fits to size.
- I did some comparing with other trail shoes and these were comparable to the lightest with more pizazz and girth. They have a great ground control and grip to them and you’re able to feel the ground without absorbing the contact. The toe box was a bit too wide for y normal taste but I can handle it. Had a great all over padding that not so greatly holds water in. They do drain though. These are my new mudder shoes. I have no issues when in action and the comfort I want is there. I highly recommend these shoes.
- I tested these babies right out the box on some gnarly terrain in the mountains. I wanted to get a pure sesh in before I left for my trail going trip. The traction was great in the slopes of ice and snow, no issues. I like more arch support than these offer. However, they are pretty cushy. I ordered a D and they fit my super wide feet great, no narrowness or pressure and I did buy a half size up.
- These are great off road tires for your feet. The knobs are a sweet double action grip, front and reverse. The toes are a bit small but I am feeling they will break in nice. The heel is snug and doesn't swim around. Really great trailer.
- Traction on these is great: wet rocks, ice, snow and grips great in dry and mud. They fit super true to size. I had to get used to the laces but the system is great once that was over with. They are great quality that of Salomon I am used too.
- These are as close to the Fellraisers as you can come. They are light and great on the PA terrain. They are really aggressive in the stability department and have great soles and lugs. These also look really rad and the lacing is dope, super quick.
- This has a great profile, which is low and sturdy. You can hit hard and jagged rocks with the feel of your feet without the feel of the rock entering it. The deep grips get into the terrain and keep yo fro slipping; I have never went down with these. They drain well and dry fast. These are the same exact thing as the infamous Fellraisers. I cannot find a difference.
- I found Salomo a few years back and I cannot get enough. I saw these and had to have them for my trails. They are super supportive. They fit nice to size, they have great arches and they don’t crush my toes t death.
- I love these for all sorts of activities: walking, running, hiking, etc. They fit to size just like all of m Salomons and they breath well.
- I feel safe with these everytime I hit a steep incline and loose gravel. They are perfect for this type of terrain. I have bought 3 pairs and am over the moon with them. They fit perfect in all areas, nothing bad to say.
- I used these in the rain and mud for a Spartan OC and I was secure and planted. I had no issues with grip or water logging. They are bit tighter than I am usd to for these type of shoes but they are so worth it. Plus, when getting stuck in the mud and pulling out, they do not slide off because they are secure.
- Thee have great terrain response and grip better than any trail shoe I have bought. They are a bit snug but I like that. They fit perfect and have no friction to them. These are so good and i highly recommend them.
- The lugs on these dig into the snow and loose terrain like a champ. They are comfortable and stable. Not the best on the real slick glare I sized up since I bought these for winter so I could use thick socks and they are perfect. The shoe laces are great as they stay in place and stay tied.
- I was able to wash these in a machine with no deformities and they sprayed off easy. YAY! I took these through deep slush and ice and mud, they were great! They fit so snug and perfect, like they are an extension of your body. I love them. No aches and pains!
- Thee fit me true to my normal shoe size. They have phenomenal grip, allowing me to make quick moves and change direction with ease. These are perfect shoes to me for what they are made for.
- These are really nice on the more rugged steep trails. They are a bit wide in the toes, more than I was used too. I still like them though.
- A bit snug but no pain. These have been perfect for my slow pitch ball games. They are just the right comfort and ruggedness.
- These are my fourth pair of Saloman trails. I have to say they are the best shoes out there They last a really long time and they are so very comfortable. I am a happy customer for sure.
- These are strict to the trails shoe. None of that pavement business. They are mean in the mud and grip great. They also work awesome on the dry stuff. These are a good ice gripper too! These have great stability and the laces were great once i figured them out. Great, great, shoe.
- I felt great after my run, no pain and no hot spots. They took all the trail in and kept me stable. They are stiffer and less cushioned than most of my shoes but do not bother me a bit They are durable and have a gripy soul. I am a fan of the laces not coming loose.
- These are not an everyday shoe. The sole alone is so rugged it is hard to walk on pavement. But, that is why I got them, for the trails. They are deep lugged and ready to hit all sorts of terrain without breaking your ankles. Super sturdy and super cushy.
- I loved my Speedcross. These were a let down. These were lacking in the stability and durability. The laces do not function anymore after one race.
- Everything was there except the width. They were so snug and made wearing them horrible. I also have a fray on the toe area which I am not happy about. They are just poorly fit to my feet, not comfy at all.
- I had to order a size and half p, making the shoe not fit right at all. I am upset because I heard good things. These were so damn narrow and after upping the size became too long.
- The back of my heels have craters in them from these shoes. I am not not able to wear anything comfortably and had to take a day off work my feet were so banged up. Really horrible heel area.
- I tried to get these to break in because I wanted them to work and they hurt my feet so bad. They never got any better obviously. They are way to small and stiff.
- The midsole is to bad and so hard and the insole is not for sufferers of Plantars, my feet were barkin’ so loud! I had to return these!
- To narrow and way too low of a profile for my taste. I cannot believe how narrow they made the toes on these. The Fellraiser was just like these but had a great toe area. I am not sure what happened but poor choice Salomon. I’ll be moving on now.
- EVA midsole foam provides responsive cushion
- Anti-debris closed mesh of the upper protects the foot from trail debris
- Quick lace system enables the runner to easily slide the shoe on
- SensiFit upper material provides maximum flexibility
- Protective Toe Cap protects the runner from roots and rocks