Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR
The Suunto Spartan Sports Wrist HR is a great fitness tracking watch and customers love it. The watch comes with 80 pre-installed activities on it so it is ready to start tracking right out of the box. You can track your heart rate, steps taken, distance, altitude, sleep, calories burned, pace, and so much more. This watch will literally track almost any activity you can think of. Keep in mind, though, that it’s using a wrist heart rate monitor so it might not always be the most accurate, so be careful if that is what you are purchasing this for. The watch is super comfortable and lightweight, and it is not overly bulky or heavy so it will not get in the way of your daily routines or sports you participate in. The watch is customizable through the Suunto Movescount app that works in conjunction with the tracker itself. The Suunto Spartan Sports Wrist HR is, unfortunately, a little pricey and not at all budget-friendly, so if you are looking for an affordable tracker then you may want to consider looking elsewhere. If you are willing to pay the higher price, customers recommend that you give this one a try, as they say, you will not be disappointed.
- Fantastic battery life
- Strong and sleek design
- Water resistant up to 100 meters
- GPS navigation
- Sport specific training modes
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Heart rate monitor is not always accurate
- This is pretty much good all around equipment. The face is clear and readable and the GPS synch is near perfect. It seems very durable and is great with the smartphone apps. Great looking watch with a little extra to it.
- The tracking is very consistent and the Satellite is within the 30 second connect range. It is very well built and is quicker than the Fenix. The watch needs some work with the touch screen and the software is a bit slow. Think they will get that fixed with an upgrade though.
- They definitely upgraded the ugly old interface I am used to with the Garmin. The watch looks great and works miracles. Only thing I would say is it doesn't show temps like the older models.
- Compared to my old Ambit 2, it is great. Way better than I was expecting. The touch screen is good, the software upgrade fixed all the issues I was having with the watch as well. This battery kicks Apple’s butt, lasts for days. The screen is super bright and I am able to read it really well. This watch just works, everything is great and I am super happy with my purchase.
- I would say the screen could be a bit brighter. The watch is minimal for the work out apps and tracking. Wish this was more and could get more information from the day. I am really loving the GPS feature and it is what makes it stand out among the others for me. IT is better than fitbit, an upgrade from that and right in the middle from all the other super fancy, expensive other brands. Get the screen protector if you wanna keep the screen undated.
- I found this watch to be just what I needed with a touch screen. A lot of negative reviews from people who didn't research the watch. It is a basic smartwatch with GPS not a iWatch. I love the HR Monitor and the GPS is really consistent and works quick. The battery life last long than other watches as well, lasted me a few days. The watch is a good size average. Very much worth the money.
- The band seems nice, flexible and fairly soft. The watch is a larger than I was expecting but very light and comfortable. I do wish that I didn't have to go online to see all the stats from my sleep and other tracking apps. GPS is really nice and very accurate and fast..
- I use this watch mostly for swimming and it is great. I would say FITBIT is way better as far as software and the GPS eats the battery life. It lasts about days with all things running.
- Pretty large watch but if you can get past that then it works just fine. It is very user friendly and tracks all my sleep and activities during the day. It is really good in the battery department. The pink color isn't that bad either, very soft looking.
- Very accurate watch. May need to be just a bit more bright but the backlighting is easy to hit. It works great and looks good too.
- I like that the GPS s so quick to pick up. This watch is a great upgrade to my old Ambit and the software is wa faster. It does everything I need it to do plus some.
- I compared this watch with a lot of other watches before deciding on this one. It is a very leveled out multi-sport style watch. I love the HR monitor and the sturdiness is great. It looks good on. I would say it is better than the garmin with the GPS and far more superior than alot o other name brand models in the price range. The touch screen and the easy access buttons are very nice and user friendly. I highly recommend this watch.
- Nice gerthy watch. I have a big wrist ad this doesn't look small on me. The battery life is way better than any other smart watch I have tried, especially the Fitbit.
- I hate being connected to my phone all the time so the social interface of other watches isn't what I was looking for. I love the HR monitor on this watch and the activity apps are great. I love that I can take it scuba diving with me. The battery life is phenomenal. I am an extrem guy and love that this watch really is able to handle it all.
- This is a real outdoors kinda watch. Tracks everything really well and the GPS is on point. Faster than even Garmin who is known for their GPS. The strap did come off once and I had to fix it. Nothing crazy, I recommend it for sure.
- The GPS on this is extremely accurate and very fast to connect. Works great with my MTe HR app is also really great. I am a fan of this and glad I bought it. Does exactly what it was made to do. No issues at all.
- I had some syncing issues in the beginning but they worked out. It really has a large range of sports coverage and movement apps. I like that it makes a movie of everything after I am done. Super cool.
- GPS maps really well, I am very happy about this. Has a great set up for when the satellite isn't as good like Urban areas. Has some very detailed stats and gives suggestions on improvements. It is super easy to use and read and the accessibility is gold. I am very impressed with the battery life as well It is warranted based off 300 charges, or one year whichever is first, very different..
- I am thoroughly enjoying this watch. It had some serious mixed reviews but I went with it and happy I did. I love the cover version I have. It really gives me a detailed yet simple sleep tracking and the Movescount is great. The GPS is really fast and point on. I am 100% a fan of this watch. Buy it, you will be pleased. I was very skeptical to buy this watch because of the inconsistent reviews.
- The manual for this thing is very easy to read and follow. I was happy about that. It is a pretty big hunk of watch and has a nice plastic band. It is a very readable watch with a nice back light. I like using the Suuno app, they made that real easy too. This would be the perfect triathlon watch, it has so many tracking apps.
- I had to return this watch twice for one, that was annoying. I cannot find anywhere to actually synch my data. It continually dies when half charged. My work outs were showing up days after my workout. Couple day delay on tracking is not good for something that cost as much as this. The Suunto app doesn't really offer much either and I do not seeing it helping with goal setting and accomplishing. Save your money.
- The heart rate monitor, for starters, is pure trash. It couldn't keep up if it was attached directly to my heart. I always gives me a resting heart rate gauge when I am obviously running and it is up there. I am not able to keep up with a correct track for my workouts due to this and this is why I bought the watch.
- I did some research before buying this and they led me astray. This watch dies too fast and the HR monitor does not work properly. The end!
- After 3 months, the whole watch just stopped working. It will not boot up or anything. No explanation and they said it cannot be fixed. That would equivocate to $100 a month for a watch.
- Bluetooth syncing stopped working after a month. It just will not connect. Personal activity tracking just stopped tracking and I cannot get it to any more. Language sitting and other personalization apps started resetting automatically to the original settings, erasing everything. I have tried everything , this thing is garbage
- I couldn’t get this thing to charge anymore after a month. I returned it for a replacement and it has been 2 months and I have not received it. I am so over this watch!
- I would say this is one for the bad investment list. I thought this was an upgrade to the last one, this doesn't even have a heart rate zone trainer like before. I am not impressed.
- Like others have been saying, the HR monitor does not work and this is a main reason for having this watch. I replaced it and the new one had the same issue. This watch is not worth the money at all. Don't waste your time and money.
- I didn't want to wear a heart strap so I bought this watch for the HR. It is horribly wrong. It is also very unreliable, only working sporadically. Do NOT buy this garbage.
- Not only does it not have the features and compatibility the competition has, for the price they should be able to get them to work properly ad at least check your HR right. I really think it is a pure software issue and they need to fix it because this watch is horrible for the steep cost.
No matter what kind of activities you participate in, whether indoor or outdoor, whether on land or in the water, the Suunto Spartan Sports Wrist HR will track your activities and more.
In addition to the heart rate monitor, this watch also features an advanced touchscreen display that gives you a wide viewing angle and will also give you better visibility when you are outdoors or in a brightly lit room. The watch is water resistant up to 100 meters so you will be able to use this if you are swimming or doing other water-related activities.
The Suunto Spartan Sports Wrist HR will measure your pace, distance, speed, heart rate, calories, and altitude for you in the background without you having to do anything special to start tracking those things. If you are using this with external power or bike censors you can track your running or cycling power and cadence and if you are swimming you will be able to keep track of your distance and pace. This watch really will help you track almost anything.
Other than the heart rate monitor, the rest of the activities this watch tracks seem to be fairly accurate. Customers have mentioned that it appears to be tracking the steps they take accurately and they are pleased with that fact.
Suunto boasts that their Spartan Sports Wrist HR uses a great color touch screen that is state of the art. The screen will give you a wide angle to view which gives you great visibility, even if you are outdoors. The face itself is made out of a mineral crystal glass to help ensure the face will not easily break or scratch.
Ease of Use
The watch comes with a USB charging cord which is a magnetic clip that will attach to the back of the watch. It usually only takes a couple hours to get a full charge, so you will not be without the watch for too long.
-Comes with 80 pre-installed activities
-GPS route navigation
-Water resistant up to 100 meter
-Steel bezel and mineral crystal glass
-An outdoor-grade color touchscreen display
-Comfortable and stylish
-Tracks heart rate, steps, sleep, distance traveled, calories burned, and much more