The Under Armour UA Activity Band is a fitness tracker with a built in resting heart rate monitor, which can also track how long and how well the wearer sleeps. When paired with the UA Heart Rate strap monitor, it can also track active heart rate and workout intensity. Its pedometer tracks the number of steps taken throughout the day and counts them toward your daily goal. It has vibration alerts to let the wearer know that they have been inactive for too long, or when they get close to reaching their step goal for the day. Vibration alarms wake up the wearer or remind them when it is time to do something.
The Activity Band can use Bluetooth to sync with the UA Record iOS and Android app in order to track data, and it can store up to 7 days worth of data without a phone. The Workout Log lets the wearer choose a workout and customizes the tracking and calculations. The Activity Band can also control a connected smartphone's music as well as receive call, calendar, and text notifications from a connected smartphone. Workout data and steps sync with MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal. If you are looking for an fitness band that can track your workout goals and data, keep reading to see if the UA Activity Band is the right one for you.
' nutrition, and connect with their friends. It displays the number of steps taken, calories eaten, hours of sleep, calories burned, and duration of the workout. MapMyFitness is used for creating maps of runs, although some people said that particular app did not work as well with this watch. MyFitnessPal syncs with UA Record and is used for logging meals, workouts and measurements to track weight loss and fitness goals. There are also options to sync other apps to UA Record. A three-month membership to MyFitnessPal Premium and MapMyFitness comes with the purchase of the band.
- Pairs with UA Heart Rate to track workout intensity and active heart rate
- Tracks steps taken towards daily goal
- Tracks sleep duration and quality using resting heart rate
- Alerts you when you've been inactive or are close to your daily step goal
- Syncs data with UA Record and can track data for up to 7 days without a phone
- Workout Log for customized tracking
- Control smartphone's music from the band
- Vibration alarm for mornings or appointment reminders
- Calendar, text, and call notifications from smartphone