Under Armour Flow Twist
Many running shoes excel at performing a single task, but for those who engage in a variety of exercises (running, basketball, tennis, and workouts) and want to get the most out of their pair of trainers, a lot of running shoes simply aren’t versatile enough to be worn for a number of physical activities. But, the Under Armour Flow Twist is a trainer that accomplishes the task at hand and then some. With a lightweight construction, the Flow Twist is both soft and flexible and features the company’s incredible Micro G midsole, a full-length foam that offers excellent cushioning and the added bonus of eliminating odor. This midsole also aids in protecting the foot during landing and aiding in lift-off. With a 4D Foam insole that provides all-around comfort and its upper constructed of nylon ballistic woven mesh that provides flexibility and breathability, the Under Armour Flow Twist is a dynamic and comfortable trainer for running, exercise, or just as an everyday shoe.
Unlike many running shoes, which are often garish and made of unnaturally bright colors that tend to clash with regular clothes, the Flex Twist’s stylish design conceals its status as a running trainer but instead more of a fashionable shoe. The leather and synthetic upper overlays are also built for superior midfoot lockdown in mind to keep the foot firmly in place throughout any activity, While the efficiently designed outsole has rubber traction covers placed on areas that are common points of abrasion and wear, these are also durable and provide great traction without adding weight to the overall shoe.
With a great amount of style, versatility for a number of activities, and with a lightweight design that runners will appreciate, the Under Armour Flow Twist is a solid all-around trainer. For the runner looking to get the most out of their shoe for a moderate price and doesn’t want to lose comfort for the sake of performance (and vice versa), the Flow Twist might just be your next favorite pair of trainers.
- Very stylish trainer that doesn’t compromise looks for performance
- Micro G midsole offers good cushioning while also absorbing odor
- Sturdy outsole construction features traction at most well-worn areas
- Surprisingly lightweight for its many plush features
- Highly breathable nylon mesh upper with aesthetically pleasing leather and synthetic overlays
- Some reviewers have found the midfoot area too narrow
- A few runners have complained the midsole didn’t provide enough protection
- Odor-eliminating midsole keeps shoe fresh after miles of wear
- Incredibly stylish trainer that can easily function as an everyday shoe
- Offers a lower drop without having to go to zero-drop
- Breathable upper keeps foot cool throughout a run
- Molded footbed conforms to shape of runner’s foot
Stylish without trading performance for looks, the Flow Twist’s eye-catching upper may make some think it’s just another sneaker with no substance but its well-placed traction points on the outsole aims for tread to meet pavement when out on a run. Although moderately priced, not many running shoes can boast of such a quality aesthetic while also providing the cushioning and responsiveness the Flow Twist has. Although there have been some criticisms that the midfoot area is too narrow while others have found the upper uncomfortable against the skin, these personal preferences--like all preferences--vary from runner to runner. But in its price range, and for its combination of stylish form meeting performance function, the Under Armour Flow Twist is a slick trainer that’s found fans in both runners and the all-around athletic alike.