The Asics Gel Excite is the first in a series of neutral road running shoes known for their comfortable cushioning, breathable mesh upper, reflective lightweight designs, and removable sock liners. The gel cushioning in the heel absorbs the shock of impact during strides to allow for smooth transitions. The breathable upper prevents overheating. The reflective design makes runners visible during low-light conditions such as early mornings, evenings, and foggy weather. The light weight makes the shoe easy to carry for speed and endurance. The removable sockliner allows runners to replace it with a medical orthotic to help with problems such as knee pain, arthritis, arch issues, and more. The shock absorption gel is in the heel, so this is probably not the best shoe for forefoot or midfoot strikers, but heel strikers will love the comfort, stability, and support of this shoe.
- Breathable synthetic and mesh upper
- Rubber sole with 1” heel
- Rearfoot GEL cushioning enhances comfort and attenuates shock
- Lightweight running style
- Laces provide a snug fit
- Sockliner can be removed and replaced with a medical orthotic
- Reflective design for visibility under low-light conditions