The Brooks Asteria was released in the summer of 2016 and was meant to be a replacement for the discontinued ST Racer, a very popular stability racing shoe. Like the ST Racer, the Asteria is a great, lightweight, performance stability shoe designed for races of all distances including marathons. The Asteria is one of the lightest shoes Brooks makes weighing in at just over 8 ounces in a men’s size 9. Runners looking for a fast racing shoe will appreciate the Brooks BioMoGo midsole and the soft DNA foam cushioning which make for a responsive and lightweight shoe. Fans of the retired ST Racer or runners who require shoes with just a touch of stability for up tempo runs, will enjoy the feel and performance of the Asteria.
• Excellent stability for mild pronators
• Adaptable cushioning for support when needed
• Excellent breathability and comfortable mesh upper
• Adequate toe box for most runners
• 8mm heel-to-toe drop for smooth landings and high turnover
• Rearfoot guide rail system for on-demand support.
• Segmented crash pad promotes smooth transitions.
•. Omega Flex Grooves allow natural forefoot movement