Brooks PureCadence 5
The Brooks PureCadence 5 has a unique look that is bound to get you noticed on a run. The PureCadence 5 has various updates in comparison to its predecessor and offers the wearer a high-quality running experience. From the unique color combinations to the responsive experience, you will get your money’s worth with this shoe.
- Very comfortable shoe
- The toe box has a lot of room
- Good responsiveness
- Efficient toe-off
- Feels lightweight
- Good overall support
- Lacks flexibility
- Traction can be improved
- I really like that these fit a bit narrow. I have had both knees replaced and need an absurd amount of support and cushion. These do just that, support and cushion. I do crossfit and lift and these are exactly what I need. They hold my stane and work great with lateral movement. I went up a shoe size on these.
- Other than the tongue being a bit weird and me having to really adjust and straighten it, the shoe itself is magic. Fits great and the comfort is unbelievable. They are great with my workouts. I am really happy with this shoe.
- The shoe is comfortable but not what I need. It is a bit slippery and is not good for the machines at the gym.
- The quality on these is lacking compared to other Brooks. They are great for just walking. I would say these are Brooks everyday shoe, not enough support for my style running. But, they are a great shoe.
- I am able to use these on trail runs and pavement. I like that about a shoe. These give great arch support and they really look nice on, that is a plus. They seem to keep their shape after a lot of use too.
- I was weary about buying these because of all the negativity. However, minus the burrito tongue, these are great. I use these for all my marathon training and have since the first model and they hold up great for me. The weight is a bit more than the older models, but still a great shoe.
- I liked that these were so comfortable and very light. Good shoe.
- I really am happy with these shoes. The tongue dd bleed into my socks though. They are a bit narrow but I like narrow.
- These are a definite upgrade from the 4’s. They are light and have really held up with my pronation.
- These really work with a wide toe box and they fit to size for me. They have a great color and style as well. Great shoe all together.
- The width is a bit tight but the length is great. They are really comfy and help my joints not ache after a run. I feel like I am barefoot with these.
- These really stretched out after a few wears, which is nice because they were a bit narrow at first. They are really comfortable shoes.
- I usually get knee pain and after using these for a run, none. They have really good cushioning and are really comfortable.
- I am really happy with my 5’s. They have great support and are really comfortable.
- These have a good arch support but they fit really badly. The the box squished my feet. I ran a 5k and could not feel my toes after ward and they pinched really bad.
- I tried these on in the store before my online purchase, completely different fit. They are so small and crush my toes. I swapped for a larger size and they are still uncomfortable.
- I have been using these shoes for years and this model is making me question my existence. I gave them a go and it was a complete no-go. They had no support and the fit was just off. All over bad design, I took them back to a store and they informed me that Brooks was allowing all refunds due to the fact they made a crappy shoe.
- I have only worn these a few times and they are falling apart. I mean, seriously. I like Brooks but the 5’s are terrible.
- I bought these because I am a Cadence fan and they have destroyed my feet. I had no option but to wear these because I was on vacation. I had cramping in my feet and it sucked.
- Horrible shoe. The other Cadences were great. The toe box is way smaller and cramps. I was going numb within 5 minutes of wear. I was getting a cramp in the middle to the top of my foot. They gave me some nasty blisters and rubbed my pinky toenail off. They really tore up my foot. Will not be buying again at all.
- I am going to have to go back to Asics after this malfunction. These shoes are really bad. They are really narrow and the tongue is horrible.
- These rub my toes right were the tongue is attached. I have used Cadence before and they were great. These shoes are like a whole other brand. Not liking them at all.
- The top of these is rough on the feet. I have bought all the Cadences and loved them. They rub the top of my feet and created blisters. They made my feet cramp when I tried to break them in more at work. They are just a real horrible design and I would not recommend anyone to purchase them.
- After one use, I could barely even walk. I am not sure what they did to the Cadence but this shoe sucks. It is the worst Brooks I have ever bought.
- These rubbed blisters on the toe joints from the tongue. It cuts right in everytime the shoe bends. I have used every Cadence and these just really missed the mark. There is less cushion in the heel. Not sure what is up with these, they are bad.
- DOWNGRADE! These shoes are blister machines. My toes are ate up and my heel has some real nasty blisters too. I tried to bandage them up but the shoes rubbed them off. I wanted to see if maybe it was a break in thing. Nope, they just suck.
- I feel these were made with a really cheap plastic and it bothers my feet. They are a pure downgrade from the 3’s that I loved. I would steer clear of purchasing these for sure.
- These felt weird as soon as I put them on. These shoes are way flatter than the other model numbers and really screwed up my striking pattern. The tongue is a weird foamy material and digs into your toes. I was rubbed raw on my toes and ankles. It is a lot wider than the other ones and created an unstable feel. I am only going to be wearing these for driving and running errands, they are definitely not runners.
- I was told upon returning these that Brooks was taking back all refunds because they had so many complaints on this shoe. The tongue rubbed me completely raw. I actually had to go to a doctor and get my toes worked on after a small work out in these. I am filing a complaint with Brooks, this is unacceptable.
- I have been running marathons in the Cadence for 10+ years so I obviously bought these. I am so upset. They gave me so much pain in my hips and quads I had to take a month off. I actually had to go to the doctor to make sure I wasn’t really damaged. Stay away from this shoe, they are really dangerous.
If you have wide feet, you may want to order a size up. While the PureCadence line has been known for its large toe box, reviewers stated that the toe box was too narrow in the PureCadence 5. This change in fit is bound to disappoint loyal PureCadence wearers that expect a wider toe box.
• Excellent cushioning in the midsole
• Very Durable
• Omega Flex Grooves encourage flexibility