Brooks Ravenna 5
The fifth cycle of the famous Brooks Ravenna is an updated center ground shoe that gives extraordinary padding and support. Somewhat lighter than its past model, the Ravenna 5 includes a mixed BioMoGo DNA padded sole that adjusts to the runner’s walk. This shoe makes an extraordinary everyday mentor with its direct help and adaptable outsole. Runners can likewise bind up the shoe and utilize it for races from 5K to marathon separations. The Ravenna 5 is a decent decision for starting runners or anybody searching for an agreeable shoe that can go any separation.
- Rich padding
- Increased stability
- Great footwear for the heel strikers
- Removable BioMoGo sock liners
- Previous model with fewer sizes and colors
- Has a bit more weight
- These were recommended to me by a podiatrist for my extra weird wide feet. They are a dream. The colors aren't too flashy and masculine and I can wear my orthotics in them even though they are a bit more shallow than I was expecting. I use them for work and am not a runner but they do the job and keep my feet comfortable all day.
- I always buy the Ravenna and it is a hit and miss but these are working great. They are for work and have a great arch support and all over support that keep my feet nice and comfortable. I do walk a lot and they help me. I ended up buying these 2 times because the 6 did not work for me; I really enjoy this shoe.
- I am comparing these to the 4, which I loved. I was a little worried because I didn't want a change. However, the 5’s are magic. They are actually a bit more cushioned and comfortable. I didn't think Ravenna could get much better but these have proven me wrong. Great shoe, a definite upgrade.
- These shoes work with my high arches and pronation well. I am on my second pair of 5’s and couldn't be happier. I have extra wide feet as well and these were referred to me by a specialist. The toe box accommodates all of my issues. These actually have made me faster and work great with my triathlon running. I hope these are available still when these run down.
- Great arch support and they are helping my knee and joints. They fit true to size and have impressed me by lasting past 400+ miles. I was looking to maybe try another shoe but these are so dang perfect, I hope they never change them.
- Super, overthetop support and comfort. I am a speed walker and do a little light running, nothing to write about, and these have been more than enough. They are great for wide feet like mine. I couldn't be happier. They are my everything and everyday shoe.
- The heel cups are really comfy and they have pretty decent arch support. They give me a good spring in my step and seem to really push me forward when I run. I like the cushioning all throughout the shoe. I had to go a bit wider than I am used to due to the toe box but nothing too crazy.
- These shoes have really healed my left foot’s problems: tendinitis, plantars fasciitis, arthritis, etc. I also have narrow heels and they cup me really nice. I think these shoes were made just for my feet. Both are happy and comfortable.
- These breath well, have great support and have a great bounce to them. Brooks are the best on the market and I highly recommend them.
- These shoes are not made for the winter due to the mesh on the top. Other than that, they are superb. I use thee for my daily 4 mile runs and they fit my feet and carry me without any issues. I absolutely am in love with these shoes.
- These shoes were made for distance and for short runs. I have been using Revenna for 5 years now and the 5’s do not disappoint. They are just as comfortable and supportive as the rest and are great for working your speed. .
- These shoes have allowed me to stand and walk for hours without the achy arches I normally get; I am so happy with this. They have also helped my heels. They are so comfy and work with my narrow heel yet wide toes. The toe box is perfect.
- I was recommended the 4’s but procrastinated a bit and got the 5’s. These shoes are a godsend. I love them. They were perfect right out of the box and fit perfect. These are not idea for winter but they are nice and airy and keep my feet cool on a hot day. I am able to use these on gravel and pavement with ample support for both. I love these shoes.
- These shoes are really reflective at night when I run the most, I bought the neon color. They have great stability and are really light weight.
- I am a half marathon runner and found out about these shoes recently. I suffer from hip and joint pain, as well as plantars fasciitis. I also suffered a really bad fracture and needed a shoe that was going to support me like a bed because I did not want to stop running. These shoes have helped me tremendously. They have a great arch support and super comfort all over. They are really light and have a good toe box. I also enjoy the style and design, really great shoe.
- Besides the color being great, these shoes have shaved an incredible amount of time off my run, I was shocked. They are light and really comfortable.
- These offer great support and really great cushioning for my daily 4 mile power walking. It is wide enough for my feet to feel good and has great support. I would honestly recommend this shoe to any style of runner and walker.
- I used the 3’s until they were dead. I bought these and they have given me great support. They are good in the arches and support mine nice, which are really high. I am using them to do a marathon in and they fit just to size. Super shoe.
- I moved over to these from Nkes after 15 years and I am so glad that I did. They are very light and have super control. I suffer from really bad hip and knee pain and these have all but cured it. I use these with my lifting and running. Really great design and I love them.
- I want to go ahead and buy my third pair and I just bought these. I am so happy with them. They have great support without taking away from the comfort. I did have to get a half size up but that is fine with me. The shoe is just perfect and wonderful for my feet. My first pair lasted me forever.
- I have always used Brooks and these shoes are up to that standard for sure. These are a mild upgrade but I don’t think they really needed to change much. The Ravenna is a perfect shoe. They have great support and comfort and you really cannot get a better design. They are perfect for distance and I can run a 15 mile right out the box no problems.
- These have helped the strain in my ankles and have leveled out the pain from my normal shin splinting. These are the first shoes I have ever had that didn't give me shin splints. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had and were suggested to me by a trainer after seeing how I ran. These shoes are more than worth the money.
- These are a great upgrad from the 4. It is a bit lighter and still had a great arch support. This is just a great shoe all together. I have never been disappointed by Brooks.
- I got these for my overpronating and they have supported me so far. They have great support on the inner heel area and I haven't had an injury from them ever. Great shoe.
- The base of my toes were all scrunched up. I really wanted to like these but had to return.
- These shoes are not durable at all. I bought two pair and they both wore out really fast in the pinky toes.
- These did not have any cushioning and really made my feet sore. I had to return them. Just not for me.
- I loved the 4’s. These were too wide in the front, which is not good for me. They seemed more cushioned but I returned them.
- They were too small and I had to get a whole size up. They are bulky and caused my feet to go numb. My ankles started aching and I have never had these issues before with any shoe. I run 50+ miles a week. They gave me my first shin splints. I am going to try the Cadences.
- I'm on my feet in a hospital for 12+ hours a day and these are horrible. After less than a week, the soles stated to peel. They were really comfortable but they wouldn’t last with my work. I am really sad, I wanted these to work. The mesh started to fray as well, I will not buy Brooks again.
There is likewise additional cushioning around the lower leg bones and in the heel zone. A removable, BioMoGo, dampness wicking sockliner includes an additional layer of padding to the shoe and helps keep the stage dry and without slip. With the sockliner expelled, the level footbed of the shoe effectively obliges custom orthotics or insoles.
Another recognizable change to the shoe is a refreshed padded sole "strap" which keeps the foot set up all through foot strike. The padded sole strap is produced using a thick plastic material and is obvious under the upper. It keeps running from the midfoot to the heel and takes into consideration a tweaked and customized fit by modifying the binding framework.
Additional cushioning in the lower leg territory keeps the foot agreeable and secure inside the shoe. The cushioned tongue was a major in addition to with runners. It makes an extraordinary showing with regards to disseminating the weight of the bands equally over the highest point of the foot, making the shoe a genuine delight to wear. Heel and forefoot strikers will appreciate the solace and outline of this shoe.
Ladies have a shading decision of light blue, white, and dark. Intelligent pronunciations have been added to the sides and heel of the shoe. The provided bands coordinate the shading plan of the shoe and are recently the correct length.
Runners unfit to locate this model in their size might need to consider the Ravenna 7 which gets equally favorable reviews.
A fold of the outsole expands onto the toe and adds to the security. This fold likewise assists with the toe-offs of enthusiastic forefoot runners. A similar vinyl-like fabric around the toe is likewise utilized as a part of the back of the shoe and helps bolster the heel zone.
The padded sole strap that keeps running at the edges of the shoe additionally includes bolstering by keeping the foot set up all through foot strike. The padded sole strap is a piece of the binding framework and can be balanced for a redone fit. The provided sockliner is produced using BioMoGo perfectly sized froth which furnishes a delicate arriving with each progression. Runners who require more curve support can evacuate the sockliner and embed a redid orthotic.
• Segmented heel crash pad
• Adjustable midsole strap
• Network mesh that is breathable.
• 10mm drop all from the heel to the toe
• Omega Flex Grooves
• Reflective accents
• BioMoGo froth sockliner