Brooks Ravenna 6
The Brooks Ravenna 6 appears to be the right combination of stability and comfort. This shoe is responsive and lightweight. It offers the same great performance as the previous shoes in the Ravenna line, but the Ravenna 6 offers new technology. This includes a new thinner upper and an adjustable mid-foot saddle. The Ravenna 6 continues use of the BioMoGo DNA for adaptive cushioning and a lightweight feel. For a support shoe, it really offers quite a bit of softness, almost comparable to the Brooks shoes that are specifically made for cushioning. The Ravenna 6 is designed to allow smooth transitions, whether working on sprint intervals or going for high mileage. This shoe is also beloved by those runners who require correction for mild over-pronating. Read on for further details.
- Removable molded foam insole
- Breathable and protective mesh upper
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Energy-returning properties in the midsole
- Helps to correct and stabilize mild overpronators
- Slightly heavier than previous models
- Runs small
- These are on the heavier side of the running shoe spectrum. However, they have great support and are comfortable.
- I moved over to these from another Brooks style. I use these shoes to do cardio training and at the gym; they win in comfort. I get fat feet when I work out from blood flow and these have the extra space I need at a half size larger without losing stability. They look clunky online but not so much when you wear them.
- I changed shoes to these and it took a minute to get used to the difference in thickness. These have turned out amazing after that little break in period. I give credit to this shoe for taking time off my run. I feel for the price that these are going to be better than the 7. Based off of reviews, I say save your money, the shoes are the same really.
- These have to be the best runner on the market. I am a personal trainer and know comfortable shoes. These were built for great arch support without going overboard. I also recommend these to people with medical conditions in there feet and knees.
- After foot surgery, I bought these as a recommendation. I am glad that I did! I have no issues whatsoever and I feel they have helped correct my issue a bit. I bought a second pair and they haven't disappointed either.
- Brooks never disappoint. They have good wet grip and great traction on normal surfaces as well. I would suggest getting sized before buying any type of athletic shoe so you know which lane to search down.
- They took a minute to break in but they are supreme in arch support and super cushy. They have helped me adjust my pronation as well. I walk a lot and these are so comfortable.
- I brought an old backup pair of shoes while walking around when I first got these; I didn't need them. When I first put these on, it was like running into an old friend, no awkward stage.
- I wear prescription insoles and with these shoes I have had no issues or pain. I'm a very large dude and I am happy these take the pressure without failing.
- I use these daily for training and they have helped relieve my joint pain. I am a fan for life now; these are my second pair of Brooks 6.
- There were made for distance. They are well made, comfortable and have soft and cozy, stable cushioning. These are the best shoes I have bought, ever.
- The side arch supports are perfect and a definite upgrade from the 5 model. These took time off my sprints. If they redesigned the spacing, these would be perfect; they are a little loose around the ankle.
- These sneakers are supportive and feel like clouds on my feet. They did not have a wide option so I ordered a half size up and it worked great.
- These run a little shorter than the other Brooks I bought. These are great for people with wide feet; I find runners to always be so narrow. They are made for durability without being too heavy, which is a blessing.
- I have odd shaped feet and these fit me great. I plan on buying many more when new colors come out.
- I bought these for my marathon and they are amazing. I bought a second pair not long after to switch out. I run alot and I am very happy about this purchase.
- These lasted 2 months under extreme training. They are supportive and way comfy.
- These have a great arch support and are great in comfort. I use these for hiking more than I do running because the traction is top notch for a sneaker.
- These shoes have really helped me with my ankle rolling issue and they haven't worn unevenly like other shoes normally do. They don't vent like the other Brooks I own, so my feet get a little warm but that is minimal.
- Being in the Army, I need a solid all terrain shoe for my PT. Not only have they stood up to the abuse, they were also recommended by my foot doctor for joint pain.
- I have wide feet and suffer from plantar fasciitis and these hug my feet with great comfort. I work on concrete floors all day and these have yet to leave pain in my legs. I am happy and will be purchasing these again.
- These have amazing support and comfort. When I wear these shoes, I am pain free in my lower back. I was amazed at the stability these offer for a heavier shoe.
- I used these right out of the package and had no issues. I am over the moon about that because they are only going to get more comfortable with wear. I run a lot and need shoes that can withstand without falling apart and giving me pain. These are all that plus some and I am pleased.
- I would suggest these as a winter runner. My heel was snug and secure and the arches were perfect. I like the toe space too; very cozy.
- I’ve tried on virtually every running shoe I can find and these are superior. I have ran distance for years and these have helped me with my strike control. These are light and dependable. Great shoes!
- I feel like they went back in features when they made this design. It is not even close to the 5 model. It folds in weird areas and creates unwanted pressure.
- The inside of the right shoe mangled after a couple wears and in return rubbed huge blisters on my feet. I am not impressed to say the least.
- I ordered the same exact model and size but for some reason these were more narrow and did not fit. How does that happen? Consistency please.
- My shoe continued sliding off; very annoying. The width and length were just way off.
- The shoes started breaking down after a little over a month. I rarely used them so I am not sure why this would happen.
- When I put these on it was as if my heel was riding a slip and slide; I couldn’t keep it in the shoe. I like my old 4 style but these just didn't work at all.
The under heel area is well padded and feels very cushiony. It’s nice because it is also centered for weight loading. A few runners with plantar fasciitis reports increased comfort while running in the Ravenna 6. Another runner reported that the Ravenna 6 presented with slightly less cushioning than the Ravenna 5. However, changes to the upper in the Ravenna 6, allow the shoe to better hug your foot and keep it in place.
There are some runners who feel that the BioMoGo does not live up to its expectation for responsive and that only seems to increase comfortability. The BioMoGo DNA in considered non-Newtonian, meaning it firms up when stress is applied while running. However, these runners report feeling that the foam remains soft, no matter if they are running or walking.
However, some runners report feeling that the support aspect of the Brooks Ravenna 6 does not kick in until midway through the gait cycle. This is likely due to the construction of the midsole, given that the medial embed is closer to the midfoot than the heel. Therefore, the density may change along the length.
• Universal 1/2 Sprung Platform to enhance fit and function
• Forefoot Stable Pod Construction allows for improved balance during your stride
• HPR Plus system increase durability and shoe life
• Flextra Rubber Outsole maximizes support and flexibility
• Diagonal Rollbar technology for stability
• Rounded heel for dispersed weight during heel strike
• Omega Flex Grooves work to give you optimal flexibility
Remember to purchase 1/2 to a full size larger than you would with your other running shoes. And, go try it on in the store if you can, even if ordering online. With Brooks Ravenna 6, you can Run Out Loud.