Brooks Ravenna 8
Brooks came straight out the gate after the Ravenna 7’s with another lightweight cushioned running shoe but this time with more of an energized bounce. The new 8’s come lighter than its predecessor and even provides a springier toe-off. This shoe is a great choice for a short run around the block or to a big city marathon. Want a shoe you can rely on? The Brooks Ravenna is that shoe. It’s cushioned, supportive, and is in it with you for the long run.
- Soft cushion
- Smooth heal-toe transition
- Springy toe-off
- Moderate pronation support
- I am happy that they reopened the roe ox. The older models were great and the 6 and 7 weren’t that great. These are fresh! They hold my narrow heels and wide toes just right. The laces do not dig into the foot. They are not mushy but they have great cushion and give you a bounce when you walk. These are my new faves.
- These are immediate comfort. I suffer from lower back and leg pain. These have eradicated that. Love at first sight.
- Theses shoes: 5 awesome, 6 horrible, 7 tried to fix it, 8 nailed it. They aren't clunky or painful. This one fits like it is supposed to. The sole has lots of cushioning. They rubbed my ankle a bit at first but I just loosened my laces and it worked out. Great shoes.
- I buy brooks always and wear compression socks. I work in a hospital and am on my feet all day. I ordered these a half size up. The Toe box was great and roomy. They are stable shoes and have a lot of cushion and support. They look better than the photos.
- I’ve put around 400 miles on them and they re showing wear, maybe a 100 left? I got one blister in them from a half marathon but nothing else. A little more narrow in the toes than the 7.
- These really add cushioning that I need for my plantars pain. This is my 3rd pair, I won’t buy anything else but Brooks.
- I am a fan of these shoes. I have bad knees and I am able to run in these without pain or inserts. I ut these through a lot and they are doing really well. Tons of cushioning and stable. Not the best for lifting but good enough not to have to bring another pair.
- The padding is thinner than my other runners but they hold up and are good for over 10 miles without getting squishy. These are my new marathon shoes. My feet do not sweat as bad in these.
- I have had to do numerous things to get temporary relief from my Plantars Fasciitis and nothing has worked. These shoes were expensive but I am pain free. These shoes are a lifesaver, my magic shoes! They have so much support in the arches and cushion all over the foot.
- My feet are wide and these really work well with that. These are amazing shoes, my only issue is they do not last long on the upper part. They are pricey, so I expect more. But, they are a really freaking comfortable shoe.
- This shoe is a really flexible stability shoe. It fits my narrow feet well. And since I like this shoe so much, I am sure the next model will be completely different.
- These shoes never hurt my feet. They are perfect for the half and whole marathons I run. They offer supreme comfort while still being extra supportive.
- I have been wearing Ravenas since they started making them They always change and were heading to a non-wearable state and then they made the 8s. These shoes are perfect in every way.They are light and don't cause any ankle fatigue. They had an already broken in feel and at a half size larger, didn't squish my feet. Great upgrade to the Ravennas.
- These are more cushy and they have ton of support. These are a solid upgrade from the las two models. Great for my runs.
- These are nicely lifting the foot and giving ultimate arch support. The support I need to not pronate. The really support the ankles nice as well. They are comfortable and last!
- These ran a bit larger than my last Ravenas. There are so durable and are very comfortable. Best shoe for anything I feel.
- The color always disappoint but they are the best in comfort. They are the best stability shoe on the market, just ugly.
- These have been great for my normal walk and run daily. They fit great after I replaced the laces. They were too tight fitting.
- Every shoe I have ever worn has given me body and foot pain depending on the brand. These were pricey but I decided to try after reading the reviews. These are the best shoe I have ever bought and I highly recommend them to any one. These have really changed the way I walk and wear shoes.
- Other than the soe being a little stiff, these are great. They were painless right out of the box. They sit perfect below my ankle bone with no rubbing and are very light. They breathe decent as well. I love Brooks.
- The Ravennas have always been great for my gait. These have made my runs berer and they are super supportive. I am able o run in them and wear them for long hours at work with no issues.
- The shoes ewer two totally different sizes. One seems longer and taller than the other. The store recommended a half size bigger but these are just strange. I am definitely returning. The just seem really poorly made.
- These shoes have caused my ankles and hips to ache when I run or walk in them for any extended amount of time. They are way different than the 7s that I wore and loved. I ordered wide but they were not really designed wide, they were just bigger.
- I have problem feet, so I buy shoes or simply walking and casual use. I am not able to run. Well, after two months of this type of mild use, the mesh is coming apart. Not impressed, they cost way too much.
- I feel like they are always changing the same models drastically while keeping the same name. It is difficult for people who actually use the shoe and like it; Brooks doesn't stay consistent. These are much narrow in the toes that usual, The heel is ok. It does slip a bit and not as cushioned. Had some residual pain in my hips and feet. Very expensive and very poorly made.
- I have two pair and the are really comfortable. They are, however, really expensive and are starting to tear near the lower eyelets after 2 months of use.
- I always get Ravennas and I love them. These however, are not durable at all. They are not even broken in and they are breaking down. 10 days they lasted. And now the ankles are tearing. Weird.
- These shoes killed my feet. The toe box is way too small. I tried to size up and they were too long. They also rubbed blisters on my big toe. These are just not the shoes for me apparently.
- These have extra padding in the tongue and it does a weird thing where the laces bubble up. The arches were misplaced and when I got a larger shoe they were way too long. These really are a disappointment to the 7s.
- I loved this shoe based of comfort and fit. The problem lies in the upper mesh part. It is not durable at all and falls apart within weeks. Too much money for a disposable shoe. I bought two pair, not a third.
With the BioMoGo DNA Midsole Cushioning, this shoe adapts well with your stride and provides cushioning on your feet while absorbing a great deal of shock that would otherwise be forced onto the body. In addition, the Ravenna 8’s are a road shoe and provide little protection on the trails so if you decide this is a shoe for you, staying on the road, track, or treadmill would be best. They were not built for the trails as they supply little protection on uneven and rigid surfaces but an adequate amount of protection on the roads.
If taking your running seriously then your shoe is the most important selection to your race day arsenal. You will find a lot of novice runners, for example, overly pronate and not do research on their running shoe selection ultimately purchasing a neutral shoe that was “on sale”. Next, after a few runs, they develop knee pain or push even further to injury. This vicious cycle is common and can be easily fixed by being fitted for the proper running shoe by a local running specialty store. Overall, The Ravenna 8 can certainly be a high-quality shoe for race day and is well worth its cost.
Key Features of the Ravenna 8
• BioMoGo Midsole Cushioning
• A saddle that is adjustable
• Wrap around heel collar
• Segmented Crash Pad
• Adjustable Saddle
• Diagonal Rollbar
• Abrasion-resistant rubber outsole.