Mizuno Wave Creation 19
A high mileage daily trainer for the neutral to underpronator, the Mizuno Wave Creation 19 is the latest installment in a well-respected and clearly long-running line of shoes. With some welcomed upgrades in the sole unit, the 19th iteration of this shoe provides a comfortable, lighter weight, and responsive ride. The incorporation of improved Infinity Wave geometry and the addition of U4icX forefoot of the midsole work together to create a more cushioned and efficient ride. Among the changes are also the integration of extra cushioning and a foot-hugging sockliner. With considerable positive feedback, it seems most are quite pleased with the new model and more than a few are loyal consumers of the Wave Creation line. But, as with any shoe, there are some naysayers. These, many of which are also long-time customers, had really hoped to love the new incarnation but were turned off by the revisions on the fit. Citing blisters and discomfort, they are still firm believers in Mizuno and hope for the next version to revert back to the shoes they had grown to love.
- Intended as a daily high mileage trainer
- Road shoe with impressive traction
- Stable with good arch support
- A handful of reviewers suffered blisters
- Inaccurate sizing
- Narrow fit, especially in the toe box
- Not as breathable as previous versions
- On the higher end of the price range
- These are just a great shoe and design. They have a sound to them when walking but nothing too bad. They have a great absorbance and reaction to them as well.
- These push back like they are lifting you up with each step. They have superb comfort and work great as a runner or everyday shoe.
- This shoe fits just to size. It is really comfortable and stable.
- I have bought around 15 pair of Mizuno and never been disappointed. They have great colors and design. They fit perfect every time to size. They are top in comfort and support me while I stand all day at work with no fatigue or pain.
- These always fit perfect with no break in time. They have great consistent stability and never gave me any issues after my 50 kilo weight gain.
- These are very comfortable, light and offer substantial cushioning for all the running I do. I am really enjoying these shoes.
- I'm well over 200 lbs and these really take in all the shock and respond well to the pavement. They ride well and have good comfort and cushion.
- These are my third pai and I have been over a thousand miles in them all. These are worth all the dimes I spent on them and they are better than the other models of Mizuno. I
- They keep their form and are very durable under a lot of tough conditions. They are more than worth the price. These keep my legs and feet happy after a 10k easy peezy. I run about 4 times a week and these never have any issues.
- I am so ecstatic I found a shoe with such good cushioning and support. And they fit well right out of the box with no pain.
- I wear an 8 and had to half size up. I do have to get different soles for my arches. I have had to do that with every shoe that I wear, so no strikes against this shoe. This is a all over great and comfortable shoe.
- The base is stiff yet the shoe is really comfortable; it adds to the support I believe. They help protect my knees. They are ugly but that don’t do anything for my knees anyway.
- I usually run around 5 miles and these are great. They have tons of cushioning and they are super DUPER comfortable. I tried other models and they all hurt my feet. These give me nothing but pleasure.
- The best on the market if you like to run. I have had 8 pairs of these and hey always do me right. They are comfortable and supportive and fit like they are supposed too. They have really helped protect my knees when I am doing my crossfit every day. They really have no break in time either.
- I have not been able to find a shoe like this. They are the best in arch support and for that I always get them.
- I ordered a half size bigger after reading the reviews and it worked out great. I definitely recommend this shoe on its comfort and stability.
- I use these shoes all the time everyday and for my running activities. They breath well and I love them.
- These are always consistent in comfort, design and fit. I have been buying htee for a couple years now and they keep bringing the good! My favorite by Mizuno for sure.
- These work great for my neutral strike. The are so darn comfy and stable, perfect or running.
- These have some of the best support in a runner I have ever had. The comfort is also there and they fit as expected.
- I like that they have a good amount of arch support. They feel good on my feet and have tons of cushion and support.
- This is a great shoe. I did have to return for a larger size; guess I should have read the reviews. They are so worth the return though. Super comfortable and a great run every time.
- The brand is great. This shoe however is not durable at all. They cost way too much to not even last a year. I have put 12 miles on these and they are shredding in the toes. All of my Mizunos do this. This is a defect and should be checked.
- I have only had these a few months and the padding is caving in. The shoe is now loose. The sole has also gotten weaker. I am not impressed and really disappointed I spent that much money.
- These lasted not even 4 months. The heel has started to fall apart and in the process has taken the skin of my heel with it. I can't get ot the house without pain. Poor shoe!
- The toes started blistering after the first use. They are not that breathable and I think the seat is what creates the friction I loved the 16 and 18. I’ll be checking reviews from now on as they warned of this.
- Shin splint station here folks. These sucked. Worst pair of Mizunos ever. They should stick to making sports accessories, not shoes.
- So, after 3 months, these are not usable. The sole completely separated from the shoe. They were comfortable though.
- I loved the 18 because it had a wide toe and never hurt my feet. The 19 does all that and gives me blisters.
- Most found it to be comfortable
- Higher heel drop of 12 mm
- Unique Infinity Wave technology is visible in the sole unit
- Superior traction
- Secure and stable ride
- Unique gender engineering system for a more customized fit
- Higher end of the pricing range
- Inaccurate sizing running smaller
- Some reported blisters and discomfort