Mizuno Wave Hayate 2
The Mizuno Wave Hayate 2 is the perfect example of a well designed and very well built trail running shoe. It’s arguable that they are one of the best Mizuno trail running shoes of their type, according to feedback on them. The second installment of the Wave Hayate focuses on providing a more comfortable upper plus a better fit and responsiveness. The aggressive lug design of the outsole makes it possible for them to take you wherever you want to go on the trail. They are lightweight, offer ample protection, have favorable responsiveness, provide optimal breathability and are very cushioned. That’s a whole lot, and your feet will thank you for it when the miles become extensive out on rugged terrain. Going trail running has never been so pleasant. Take a look at the specifics below!
- Good cushioning
- Highly flexible
- Multi-surface traction
- Optimal durability
- Outstanding traction
- Not good for heavy long runs
- Very think laces
- Doesn't promote natural foot movement
- These work great with insoles and supports. I got sized for these and they have been so good for my problem feet. These hold up for ever as well.
- The older model felt like it was deeper. They are light and really comfortable and I put some insoles for high arches in.
- Super lightweight trail shoes. They are really flexible and sturdy as well.
- These are a great supportive and light shoe. They have really good traction and are really durable.
- I love how rigid and grippy these are. They work great for tough terrain. I really like the colors and style too.
- These take some time to break in I should have went a half size up. They are working out though and are really cushy and supportive in all the good spots.
- Perfect for a really comfortable. They are a good light shoe and look good on the feet.
- Versitality is the name of the game with the. I am able to take them anywhere and use them for everything and be super comfortable. They last forever and take a beating. Super great shoe. They keep my feet happy.
- These have great trail, dirt and rock traction. I am also able to take them to the gym without them feeling bulky. They look like they are supposed to and never gave me any break in issues.
- The mesh is a bit weak on the toes. They are summer and spring shoes for sure. They look nice and fit perfect.
- I always muy this brand and I love all of them. They are superlight an have great traction. They actually look better than the photos.
- They are a supportive and fit with a nice snug feel to them without crushing my toesies. I love taking them on the trail they have super traction and I feel really safe in them.
- They are light and bright, I love them. I bought a half size up and they worked so good. I recommend these for sure.
- They are great performing shoes. They fit perfect and have amazing traction. Get them a half size bigger. Perfect for trails.
- These shoes are super supportive and comfortable. They are light and work great on the trails. The traction is really great.
- They seem to be a bt bulky on the heels but other than that, everything is perfect. I am super happy with these.
- They are really grippy and work phenomenal on rough terrain. They are good for steep climbs and are super stable and secure on everything. They have a good roomy toe box and the cushion in the heel is like a pillow.
- These shoes fit like they are supposed to and have really good terran grip. They are a bit stiffer than I am used too.
- These shoes are so light and comfortable. I use them for my work shoes in the hospital and I am so impressed. They have a great style to them as well. I love these a lot.
- These breathe well and are super light. They are much better than my old ones. Make sure you wear socks because the mesh materials catch your toes. They lack in the arches a bit too. I wouldn’t use these to run but They are good for normal activities.
- These have eliminated my knee pain. I am over the moon about this. I am able to work out normal now and not worry about the knees.
- These do not have much rock protection but man are they comfortable. They are really flexible, light and cushioned. I love the stability. They also are firm when they strike. They are seriously durable. They have a nice toe box as well.
- These are my third pair and I love them. They burn my heels when I do the inclines and down drp sos I am not taking them to the rugged stuff any more. However, they are really comfortable and great formild walks and hikes. They look great as well, which is a plus.
- Super comfortable and great on dirt and gravel. I took these on a marathon and was not disappointed. The have great traction and great cushioning in the ball of the foot.
- I hate these shoes and the laces are horrible. They are way to thin. They put too much pressure and hurt the nerves on the top of my feet. They aren’t great in the arches and actually damaged my foot, which took some time to heal.
- The toe in these is really pointy and has created a lot of damage to my knees from falling. I ran in these and every little thing on the trail grabbed me and tripped me up. Not sure what these are good for. They are comfortable on the inside, I will probably use them for walking shoes.
- I really enjoyed these shoes at first. Comfort and style. However, after only a couple months the padding inside the shoe has lost all cushioning and the heel has cratered. I’d say I only put about 100 miles on them. This is not good for a shoe that is supposed to be rugged and is expensive. I am not impressed.
- I got these because of the rave reviews. WTH! These are so uncomfortable and super narrow. I guess everybody that reviewed had noodle feet.
- These were really rough on the trails, not comfortable at all and I felt like I was going to trip constantly. They have no support or stability.
- Good width and fit. These do not have any arch support unfortunately. They had to be returned because they hurt my feet. I feel these are for people with narrow flat feet.
The cushioned midsole provides an extremely comfortable ride and in conjunction with the Mizuno Wave unit placed in the rearfoot area of the shoe, you will experience favorably smooth heel to toe transitions and great shock absorption. The SmothRide and DynamotionFit technology make the upper an extremely flexible and resilient unit, one that hugs your foot for comfort and security. With their affordable price tag and longevity, they are overall a great value option. The Hayate 2 have been discontinued as the new Mizuno Wave Hayate 3 is now out, but if you're in for a discount of a wonderful shoe that still meets standards, this one might be for you!