Mizuno Wave Lightning Z3
The Mizuno Wave Lightning Z3 is very similar to the Mizuno Wave Lightning Z2, except bigger and better—the Z3 is the next step up and has been updated with exciting new technologies that the Z2 does not feature. The Z3 is the lightest shoe in the line. The biggest change from the Z2 to the Z3 is the upper: the upper section of the Z3 has been updated with mesh, synthetic, and more. The shoe also features exciting additions such as Parallel Wave technology in the outsole to help with stability, Dynamotion Groove to make the shoe more flexible, and a Sensorpoint suspension system to increase support. The trademark feature of this shoe is that it’s extremely lightweight, but that’s not all—it also has above-average durability, breathability, and flexibility. However, all of the great features of the Z3 probably won’t kick in until you’ve worn the shoe a few times. Out of the box, it’s disappointing, but give the Z3 time to break in and it will become the shoe of your dreams.
- Dura Shield, PoWnCe, and synthetic upper work together to provide incredible durability
- Most lightweight shoe in the line
- Parallel Wave technology in the outsole disperses impact away from your foot and gives you a smooth ride
- Dynamotion Groove helps with flexibility
- Mizuno Intercool technology and AIRMesh in the upper provide great breathability
- The Z3 is said to run small, which has created confusion and discomfort for some buyers
- Out of the box, it is very stiff and will likely cause blisters until it is broken in
- Traction leaves something to be desired
- I was happy with this shoe. The fit was a size small but I was prepared due to all of the reviews I read. The toe box was a great fit and the traction was stellar.
- These were ok in the arches and you are able to remove the molded insoles if you need to. The inside padding is great and the toe box stretches a bit. I like the angle of the laces, they do not go straight across and it feels a little more stable. These were just a little longer in the toes but not enough to lose the integrity of the shoe.
- Although these run a bit narrow, they really have great support and they are very flexible. I really enjoy these shoes.
- These ran a little smaller that normal but they are super comfortable. I have always loved wearing Mizuno shoes.
- I loved the lightweight design and the traction. They were incredibly comfortable too. These are great shoes.
- These are great for traction reaction. I am able to make quick moves with no slips. The design is definitely made for volleyball in mind and they rock for jumps. These are a great price and super comfortable.
- I bought these at my regular size and they fit a wee bit snug. I used to wear these in college for training and now I decided to try them for basketball. These shoes are very durable and last a while.
- When I coach volleyball, it is imperative that I have a shoe with great traction. I am so ecstatic with these. These are very affordable and some of the best shoes on the market for being on a court. They were right on the money in size and fit. These have great toe protection , which is key to a great training shoe. These are really great shoes.
- These beat out the Nikes I bought too, to try out. I wear braces on my ankles, so I bought a size up. Y previous pair lasted over a year and half with constant use; now that is durability. They have a really great grip on the sole. They fit perfect and I didn't need to break them in.
- These are right on the money for volleyball shoes. THey didn't have many color varieties. I recommend these to anyone who plays or wants to play volleyball.
- These fit my flat feet nicely. They were perfect for the court; they had great traction. I was surprised how little wear they showed after a year and how comfortable they were.
- These have everything you need in a volleyball shoe. They are lightweight, durable- they lasted over a year- and really comfortable.
- I am really digging the style on these. The traction is phenomenal and the quality for the price cannot be beat.
- These are the best court shoes you can own. I have 3 pair from different brands and these are my favorite. They fit snug and my heel sits well in them. They are very airy yet durable. They were rubbing a little on my toe at first but breaking them in stopped that.
- This shoe is way smaller than I am used to in Mizunos however, the sole and texture are amazingly comfortable. The traction really works for quick movements and changing positions fast.
- I use these for coaching and playing on the court; I love these shoes. They fit great a half size up. I really can’t say enough good things about this shoe.
- Although I have been playing volleyball for years, I have never owned a pair of volleyball shoes. I was so shocked and disappointed in myself after wearing these. They are extremely light and have a great bounce to them. The traction is like no other and they fit great on my feet right out of the box. I highly recommend these.
- This design is smaller than other Mizunos and made some blisters on my feet. After I broke them in though, they were great. These shoes were made for jumping and quick stops. They are little foot machines.
- I loved these shoes and the comfort and style are like no other. However, They wore out really fast in the tongue. I still recommend them though.
- I wear ankle braces and these work great for those.These are very well made and serve the purpose. Probably the best court and volleyball shoe on the market. Takes a few times walking around to break in. I was happy about the colors available and super shocked with how great the traction was. Great shoe!
- These are wonderful. THey fit just right and snug in all the right supporting spots on y feet. They traction is top notch and is great on the court.
- I was happy about the colors available and super shocked with how great the traction was. Great shoe!
- These have the best support in any court shoe I have ever worn. The traction is great for quick change speed and they keep me energized all day. These were a perfect fit.
- I had to return these right away. There is a design flaw in the seam and I knew right away they were going to cause blisters.
- These were a really awful design and caused me to injure myself on jump. They have a false sense of security in the ankle and they don't support well.
- I was not impressed with these at all. They are completely different than any of the other models and not in an “upgrade” way. They fit awkward.
- These were blister machines. I had to wear them at camp because they were all I had. Completely awful shoes.
- I have bruises in my toenails from these. The toe bend is way too rough and kept me from doing laterals.
- These have a super small toe box and they run very tight. I am not really liking these too much.
- I couldn’t break past the seam rubbing into my toe. No matter what I did, these were just uncomfortable. THese are a bad design and I would not recommend them to anyone.
• Dynamotion Groove generates outstanding flexibility
• Sensorpoint suspension system and Anatomical Cup-In-Sole give you extra support
• D-Flex (Diagonal Flexible) Groove in the midsole means the Z3 is very responsive and helps you reach your max speed because it allows for an efficient body movement
• Mizuno Intercool system plus extra AIRMesh increase breathability
• After some breaking in, the Anatomical Cup-In-Sole and AIRMesh keep you comfortable
• Dura Shield in the toe area gives you extra protection
• Low price considering how well-made the shoe is