Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 2
The Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 2 running shoe features the latest iteration of the Nike Air technology, with a really minimalistic approach to the midsole – everything that’s not Nike Air is unnecessary. This approach resulted in an interesting-looking shoe thats design will surely gain a lot of fans and a shoe that needs time in order to become truly comfortable – the Nike Air units need to be broken in, which is something that a lot of runners don’t feel like doing after paying the price in the store. However, once you get acquainted with the Flyknit 2, you’ll find out that there’s more than meets the eye: this is a high-quality, comfortable, cushioned and responsive shoe that will take you wherever you need to go – provided you don’t want to go out of town.
- Full-length Nike Air cushioning unit midsole
- High-quality materials
- Futuristic modern design
- Great breathability
- Comfortable once broken in
- Expensive, unless you’re really into the design
- Have to be broken in to become comfortable
- Not for runners with wide feet
- These are so light and comfy, I call them my Vapor Socks. I like taking them to the gym but I wouldn’t use them to run due to the air pockets.I would say they are a pretty great shoe.
- They were a little stiff and the bottom was hard at first. However, after a good sesh, they are great. They don't run small like other Nikes, I was able to get my normal size. They look really nice.
- These shoes were worth breaking my review virginity. I love them. These really flow awesome when I am training and running and are dead comfortable. I want to buy many. These are not made very durable for the price though. After a few workouts, they are ripping. The mesh is weak.
- The FlyKnit material is so airy and really dope looking. I love the feel of it. These are some seriously nice looking shoes. I like that they are so light and sock like. They are a great causal shoe and go great with any outfit. I love the sole and the support they offer, so cushioned and comfortable.
- These have been surprisingly really nice for my flat feet and are one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I use these for many activities: running, gym, boxing, and daily stuff. They are great quality shoes and seem durable so far.
- I have to say, these are the best Nikes to dte. I had the ‘97 Air Max and those cannot be beat but these, these are near perfection! I love them. No issues at all like all the reviews, if they are defected get a new pair. Mine seem strong and are very comfortable.
- I have gotten three pairs of these babies and I am in shoe heaven. I'm a 10000 step plus a day person and these keep my legs and knees from aching at night. This shoe was built to last.
- VaporMax to the rescue! They have such great arch support and the air bubbles seem to be really stable and sturdy. I love that they breathe so well and they are nice and flexible when you break them in.
- These are so stylish and very comfortable. I only use them to run on the treadmill about 8 miles a week and they formed a little tear on the toes. They are really expensive for this so durability is the bad point with these but they are comfortable.
- They fit perfect to the foot and they re super comfortable. These are perfect for the gym and are doing well with y big boy frame, Im really tall and wide. I have neuropathy and these allow me to bounce around. Great shoe.
- I am shocked to read the bad reviews. I am nothing but satisfied with these. They are some seriously comfortable shoes. They are great travel shoes and I am able to take nice jogs in them with no issues.
- I didn't like them at first but now that they are broken in, I am a huge fan. So comfortable and really support my 230lb frame. They are very functional and worth all the money.
- I would suggest getting sized before you buy these. They are phenomenal and I would highly recommend them. Fit great and have unique comfort.
- I have aching knees and these are magic. I literally put these on and the pain goes away. I love them, I just wish they would come out with more colors.
- I have been waiting for so long for these and they are not disappointing They fit like they are supposed to and the colors are beautiful. VaporMax for the win. I get so many compliments on them.
- These shoes are the best thinking Nike has done since the 80’s. They are so light and very comfortable and fit like they are supposed to. I mean, I have been running for 45 years and these things are freaking magical.
- Comfort to the max! I bought 2 pairs and am not disappointed. They run true to size, not small like most Nikes. I’d say they are the most comfortable Nikes I own and I am a freak with my shoes.
- I am a shoe hoarder and these are on the top of my list. They are so light and they shoe itself is beautiful. They are made with love and durability in thought and very much worth the money.
- Really bright and fun looking shoe. Fits great and has all sorts of comfort to it. They really outdid themselves with these babies.
- I was so excited when I pulled them out of the box but that changed rapidly while I was putting them on and the tongue ripped apart from the shoe. Oops!
- Well for starters, it ripped on the tongue pulling it up. I still use it because the shoe was comfortable and the tongue rip wasn't a huge problem. But, after a week, The air pocket burst and I now have a flattened heel. I tried but they are not very durable.
- I wanted to like these but the right shoe feels like a boulder digging into my foot. I can feel one of the air pockets in the sole of the shoe pushing through. I am very disappointed and they are so expensive.
- I love the idea of the design but the shoe is so uncomfortable. I am not sure they were done with these.
- I hate that I spent so much on these. They were comfortable but after a couple months they started to fall apart. The rear pockets collapsed. I mean seriously, with how much profit these people make off these you would think they’d invest in structure. They suck.
- Works Air Max made so far, so uncomfortable. They looked great ad were perfect with my other shoes but they didn’t feel good on. They had rocks in the sole it felt like.
- These shoes are obviously lacking quality control. First go at them and the tongue ripped. Wish I would have read the reviews. They look great and I would love to wear them. Nope!
- I have to say, I own all the Air Max, these looked great. However, after 3 or 4 runs, the air pockets popped. That is not a good sign for such an expensive shoe.
- These are very uncomfortable shoes. They cut into my feet and my feet are narrow. The Vapor Max Plus beats these outta the water.
- So sad about these shoes. I waited for these things and when I put them on, OUCH! They were so uncomfortable. I had to wear recovery sandals for 2 days after wearing these for a whole day.
- Like they are saying, it feels like there is a rock in the midsole area of this shoe and it makes my feet hurt so bad.
Secondly: the midsole. A lot of customers felt really disappointed with the comfort of this shoe and even went as far to say it isn’t comfortable at all. However, the truth is that similarly to the Foamposite Pro, the Air VaporMax Flyknit 2 needs time to be broken in before it stops feeling hard on your feet. Yes, at first you will feel a little uncomfortable running in this shoe, due to the fact that the midsole Air units need time to soften up a bit and really adapt to your weight, gait and so on. Once that process is done though, this is a really comfortable shoe to wear. It’s just not something that will sweep you off of your feet the first time you try it on. One piece of advice to amp up the comfort of this she would be to wear very thin socks with it.
● Full-length Nike Air cushioning unit midsole
● One-piece no-sew Flyknit upper
● Relatively lightweight
● Great breathability
● Comfortable once broken in
● Steep price point
● High-quality durable materials
● Road, track and treadmill shoe
● Limited flexibility
● Enticing, colorful design
● Good responsiveness