Nike FS Lite Run 4
The Nike FS Lite Run 4 is a road shoe made for everyday training. True to its name, it’s definitely lightweight and perfect for a variety of training scenarios. This fourth iteration is well-liked by reviewers who say it’s incredibly comfortable. The Nike FS Lite Run 4 features a few changes since the previous version of the shoe. The brunt of the changes are relegated to the upper and midsole. In addition, some of the structural changes to the shoe’s midsole have resulted in a sleeker, more minimalist overall style for this new version of the FS Lite Run. This shoe is a great option for runners who want a reliable training shoe with a modern aesthetic.
- Super comfortable
- Great price
- No breaking in period required
- Very breathable upper
- Great traction
- Flexible outsole
- Some cited durability concerns
- Others did not like the protruding tongue
- I was happy that these came in all black, that is hard to find. I had a foot injury in the past and I purchased several of these for this reason and for the great support factor; I wear them all of the time. Plus, they look fantastic.
- Nike is my running sneaker choice, always. These have a phenomenal cushion and are incredibly lightweight. I actually feel that they help me run better. These sneakers fit me like a glove. I mainly use these for running and the gym. Top notch shoe.
- I don't give out five stars usually but these are a 5 star shoe. They are narrower than normal but that makes for a snug fit. They are durable and light and reasonably priced. They are white on the bottom so they get dirty pretty easy
- It took me a bout two weeks to break these shoes in. However, they have held up amazing over the past four months. I’m 250 lbs and run about 80 miles a week and these have not fallen apart yet, the sole has just worn out a bit. These are comfortable and I plan on buying another pair.
- I suffer from right heel pain that impairs me to walk sometimes and I needed a pair of shoes that would help me with this; these were the shoes. Actually, I have no pain at all when I wear these shoes. I plan on buying many more.
- These sneakers are light and feel amazing. I am actually in love with how they feel and fit on my feet. I'm not sure about how much they can handle but I say that is because of how light they are made.
- These are a great training shoe. I bought a half a size larger and it worked out great. They give great support and are ridiculously light.
- Top shoe I have ever purchased and they last. They outperform in flexibility, look amazing, are comfortable and very lightweight.
- Very happy with my purchase. I have extreme achilles pain and thought I needed to quit running, until I found these. I tried other brands and styles but these have more cushion than most, which didn't create any pain. These were made for runners. I want to buy more colors.
- These shoes have great comfort and arch support. I will be looking for the next model for sure because they are non-slip and I work in a kitchen.
- I was surprised at how light they are because of all the cushion. As a big guy, I apply a lot of stress to my sneakers and these handle every stride. I run indoors and outdoors, these have held up just great at over 200 miles.
- I’ve read reviews saying they don't size well. I would suggest learning their European size because these fit perfect. I was pleased with how they held up long distance running and I don't have any pain. I definitely recommend these shoes.
- I love that these shoes give my fallen arches the support I need to relieve any pain while training. I wear them daily and they are comfortable; I am happy that I bought them and am gonna purchase another pair.
- These shoes make rocks non existent when I do my morning training. They are sized just right and extremely comfortable. They have a great bounce to them as well, which I like.
- I upgraded to these from the FS 3, I bought my size, a 13, and did my normal 10k run and training to see how they held up; they are great. They are comfortable and light and fit perfect to size. I would buy them a second time.
- I'm very picky with my training shoes but these hit the mark. These are the lightest shoes I have ever bought and the sole is super cushy, taking away any pain from running. I own the platinum and the grey and I like the gray better as far as color scheme. They are a matte color and dirt doesn't show as much. These shoes rock.
- I do sprint and speed training and I wanted a shoe that could accommodate that. I usually buy running shoes for distance because I have an injury, I bought these instead. These are sturdy and supportive. I have the black style and they seem to heat up on the blacktop when I run, but they look awesome.
- I have a sore foot most days and these have seemed to help. A lot of different things going on with this design, which I like and the toe areas is roomy.
- These are a runners shoe. They have great support and have no weight to them at all.
- These shoes can be compared to wearing a sadal they are so lightweight and comfy. The padding on the back heel is what makes me realize they are sneakers. Awesome shoe!
- Super dope shoes and super light. They have a great sole, which helps with the comfort. I use these to for my workouts and they work great for daily use.
- True fit size, amazingly comfortable and they look great on. I highly recommend these shoes.
- I look for support and for how comfortable a shoe is; this one fits perfect and is super comfy. These are priced great and are a great design. They also can handle my long hours at work standing and moving on concrete; I am very pleased.
- I’ve put about 60 miles on these shoes and they are comfortable and light with no problems at all.
- Lightweight and comfortable, I can wear these to exercise or with my streetwear. The toe area is a little tight and the material doesn't seem as durable as I would like.
- Horrible! It was comfortable but it fell apart. I do not think the foam is rubber. All in all, just a crappy made sneaker.
- These shoes are abnormally thin and uncomfortable but they look nice. The heel feels really loose. These are not good for serious runners; they are more for plain everyday use.
- These shoes started falling apart at the sole after minimal use. Not great at all for the price. I am very disappointed.
- These shoes are comfy but the mesh on mine only lasted a few months. Poor quality.
- These shoes are no good for running and I didn't get any support from them at all. They do look nice and are probably good for normal day to day activities.
Another new technological advancement with the Nike FS Lite Run 4 is that the layers of the shoe are no longer stuck together using glue. Doing away with the glue has helped to bring down the weight of the shoe.
Some reviewers complained that the tongue of the shoe stuck out too much and that the rough edge rubbed against the foot causing discomfort.
Some reviewers were worried that the lighter weight would compromise durability. None admitted that they had any issues but it's true that a lighter shoe will no doubt have a flimsier construction. Though, when it comes to the Nike FS Lite Run 4, the shoe is solidly built. There shouldn't be any glaring issues. It may not last as long as other more heavy duty shoes, but it can definitely handle some pavement pounding. Even with such a lightweight upper fabric, no reviewers complained of tearing.
Reviewers also liked that the shoe was lighter than its predecessor making it a pleasure to run with. The breathability of the new Breathe Tech fabric was another aspect of the shoe that was well-liked. It should also be noted that runners were able to run comfortably in the shoe right away. There's no breaking in period required.
- Rubber outsole
- Rubber pods to help high-wear areas last longer
- Deep Flex Grooves
- New midsole with dual-layer and dual-density composition for an improved bounce, more cushion, and enhanced comfort.
- Breathe Tech upper increases air flow
- Heel counter for added support
- Regular laces
- Molded sock liner
It's a fantastic option for runners who want an affordable shoe that can handle the gruntwork of training. It's also stylish enough to be worn for errands or at your weekly fitness class. A few reviewers did have concerns about the durability because of the lighter overall weight but most were willing to sacrifice some durability because of the fair price and overall solid construction. The cushioning is high quality and won't feel like it is lacking after a few miles of training. The Nike FS Lite Run 4 is also still supportive, despite the removal of some overlays, which reviewers really appreciated. Overall, it's an excellent daily trainer for neutral runners.