Salomon S-Lab Sense Ultra
The Salomon S-Lab Sense Ultra is for the elite ultra-marathon runner, as it was specifically designed to meet the unique needs of these extreme races. Salomon is able to blend speed and protection into a durable, responsive shoe. Each element of the shoe, from the upper to the midsole to the outsole, is designed to meet that important balance between remaining lightweight while providing enough cushioning and protection to the runner as they traverse difficult terrain and long miles.
The upper of the shoe uses Salomon’s patented EndoFit technology for superior comfort and a fit that conforms to the unique shape of each runner’s foot. The midsole uses Salomon’s Energy Cell + for added cushioning and responsiveness. And finally, the outsole is designed using Salomon’s signature Contragrip with Premium Wet Traction rubber. All of these elements work together to ensure the runner that they are going to get a comfortable, protective ride that can take them mile after mile. Some runners had an issue with the price tag of the shoe, but many viewed it as an investment toward their running careers. This is not a shoe that is suggested for the casual runner.
Designed for elite ultramarathon runners
Great mix of protection and responsiveness
Breathable, adaptable upper
Good for trail or road racing
One color option available
- I love the lace stash in the tongue. I really didn't think this brand could get any better, well, they showed me up. These shoes are magic. They are very responsive and fit right to size.
- I am a huge fan of this shoe technology in these. The traction is phenomenal and they help in my agility. They are super stable in the ankle and the toe box is perfect. Although they are a bit stiffer all around they still flex really well.
- This is my third pair of these and all I can say is wow! These are a great upgrade. They need a little more breaking in from the older models. They are a little less flexible but they fit like a glove. I love these shoes and they are way comfy.
- I love the design of these and the fit is great. I have never been disappointed in these shoes. They are perfect in all areas foot.
- I ran a 50k with these right out of the box. I didn't get a single boo boo or pain in either foot. They didn't add any pressure to any part of my foot like I am used too.
- I like the firm yet suave cushion on these and I find them original in comfort. THey are great on rocks with that epic tread. The lacing system is a dream. I am over all super satisfied with my purchase.
- Wide and open toe area, super awesome stability and ankle control - roll control-- and they are super duper on rocky terrain. I got them wet and they dried super fast. This is a great dang shoe and I highly recommend them to any trail runners.
- I have been satisfied that this shoe is able to handle any terrain I throw at it. I love to run and these were happy right out of the box. They have great shock absorbency and the cushioning is unparalleled. I was pleasantly surprised.
- These are just like the classics but with upgraded cushioning. I had to get used to the laces but it is really dope. I have used these in all weather and all terrain and they have not failed me yet. And the color, it is nifty.
- I have tons of shoes, I like to run, and these are the best that I have for on and off road. They have a great middle area cushioning and are great with my neuroma; I have barely any pain when I wear these. I have put over 200 miles and they have no visible wear on them. They really can handle anything I put on them.
- I took these out of the box ad busted out 50 k and I didn't get anything but one wee little blister. I ven still have all my toenails. I run alot and this is a thing. I ran through mud and water and these did not absorb a lot of liquid and they dried fast. The material is just wonderful. Such a great design; I am so pleased with these I want to buy all of the colors.
- These shoes really form to your running style. They fit a bit snug at first and it made me worry but the snugness stayed in the ane and spread out in the toes, which is the best. I haven't gotten any unpleasantries n my feet, which I normally do with new shoes. THey have phenomenal traction and can take about anything.
- They really upgraded these with the lacing system. The material is great and is really comfortable all over. I love Salomons and these do not change my opinion. Great upgrade.
- These have a little wear from my rugged terrain runs but they are not separating, which is good. These are great in the toe while fitting snug in the heel. I find these fit really true to size and the cushion is life. I am glad that they made the lacing system this way, it makes everything so much fresher on the run, nice and snug.
- I feel like I am running in my socks. The laces keep my ankles snug yet my toes are nice and roomy. I am very impressed with the grip on these. I have put some serious miles on these shoes on many different terrains and they haven't failed in any area. These are of top notch quality.
- These are much different than I am used to from Salomon but that is not saying anything negative. These shoes are a serious upgrade to an already seriously comfortable trail shoe. The reaction on these is superb and the traction is like no other shoe I have tried. I am satisfied with the sole and the arches. My ankles d not roll in these either, which is a blessing, I do not feel like a newborn calf when I am running on rocks.
- This is an incredible upgrade. These are made with feet in mind. This is a great Salomon with a little extra umph.I did a marathon in these and I cannot get over the comfort, support and lightweight feel. Some of the older models I found were really short lived. However, these are way more durable and I look forward to running these into pieces.
- I was a little irritated that these rubbed blisters on my heels but I put them on and ran with them without breaking them in. I am hoping with time that these don’t rub anymore. Everything else about this shoe is wonderful. The comfort, style and soul are pure joy for my feet.
- These are on the heavier side of my trail shoes. That being said, these are incredibly made. The material is something otherworldly and the air just pushes right through them like an air conditioner for your feet. I would say they are for pace not speed. For speed Salomon has a great s-lab sense 6.
- I have never felt a shoe like this. I wore these in an emergency where I had to put them on and run an all terrain marathon. I swear Salomon made thee for my feet. I could have kept running when I was done.
- After trying this shoe, I won’t go back to my old trailers. These are top of the line in comfort and stability. They give me a sense of speed and agility and absorb everything.
- Feeling the love right out of the box. The lugs are great and the traction lets the shoe kiss the ground. They breath great and the material is fantastic. I bought these because they were lighter than my others and I was carrying some weight. I am not disappointed.
- The made this one based off a true runners shoe with trails in mind. The sole is just rugged enough to grab trails with ease yet very light and breathable. I wear these on my runs and my races and man oh man due they keep all my 200 lbs going.
- These shoes really help me with my speed. This is the top of the line in everything trail shoe. You are definitely getting what you pay for.
- They did make the toe box more narrow than their older models but not uncomfortably so. They are snug all through the rest of the shoe , which creates a great supported run. They redid the lacing system so your laces stay nice and snug and they have enough room for extra needs for those of you with foot issues.
- There are holes in the toe area and it feels different every time I put one on. These shoes had little stability and were very uncomfortable.
- I wanted these to break in because I have heard such great things. However, They didn't and I cannot wear them , they really have pressure points on the side of the feet and it is so painful. These are a sure downgrade form the past models.
- I have had these for less than two months and the sole has already started to fall apart. I don't like that these are bigger and I had to go down a size too. I am not sure why that is. I am just really unhappy with these.
- Not happy with the fit and feel. They are not comfortable at all. They are big and clunky.
- They do not fit my feet at all. THy are a pretty good shoe and feel durable, just not for my foot.
- Ortholite Sock liner molds to the shape of the foot
- ProFeel Film around the outsole helps with stability
- EndoFit upper fits like a glove and conforms to the shape of the foot
- Contagrip with Premium Wet Traction Rubber provides superior traction