Merrell All Out Blaze Aero Sport
Since their foundation in 1981, Merrell has been relentlessly focused on producing “the best hiking boots ever made”. In fact, even their first pair of shoes was hailed by Backpacker Magazine as “the most comfortable and functional boots in North America”. Today, Merrell retains those same values that inspired their iconic blue-laced boot in 1983: Comfort, design, durability, and versatility.
The new Merrell All Out Blaze Aero Sport is no exception. With its lightweight, all-terrain design this breathable trail shoe is surprisingly well-rounded. From bustling restaurants to switchback trails and riverbeds, the Blaze Aero Sport is designed to keep feet dry and comfortable no matter where you go. In fact, because of its unique ability to rapidly shed water, this Merrell shoe is often highly praised by paddleboarders and is often marketed as a dual hiking and water shoe. For Merrell fans looking for a great shoe to wear to work or on wet, unpredictable trails the All Out Blaze Aero Sport could end up being their next go-to barefoot shoe.
- Good traction on loose terrain
- Water-resistant (dries in 24 hours)
- Supportive, snug feeling in upper some dislike
- No specialty arch support
- These kept my feet pain free after many mils. They were great in the river and let the water out without letting sand and pebbles in. They clung great to the rocks and didn't make me feel insecure at all.
- These have phenomenal grip and arch support. I wore them to the gym to just break them in before taking them out. They are now my lifting shoes. They are so good They have great toe space and are priced good.
- These are my first Merrell’s and not my last. These shoes are fantastic. They are working great pounding the concrete all day at work. I have no pain. They are the best in comfort I have ever bought.
- These shoes fit me perfect and supported my feet all day with no pain. They are really light and very airy. I want one for the winter but the waterproof ones were too tight in the toes. These are my summer runners and hikers and I love them. They do tend to get dirt in the fairly easy due to the meshy material. It is a little annoying.
- These shoes got me through the flooding trails of the Escalante River in Utah. They dried really well and after 40 miles had no signs of wear. They were surprisingly comfortable. They have a sewn in tongue due to them being a water shoe. It helped prevent extra debris from getting into the shoe that the mesh would let in a bit. I really enjoyed these and am very happy with my purchase.
- I wore these for three day at 10 hours a day right out of the box and no pain. I use them for everything now: yard work, the gym, running errands. They got muddy one day when we went camping and they washed right off with the hose, no problem. They do not hold water smell either, which is great.
- I love that Marrell has a larger toe box than most brands, I tend to stick to them. These are my 3rd Blaze model and I am in love. They are super lightweight and dry fairly quick. The color was a bit off from what I thought they would be but no matter, they got sandy within 2 days and are gray now.
- I use these for work and hiking. They are so roomy and don't move around. I added extra adding because my feet are needy. The shoe is really great though. My feet are super wide and I had no issues with my bunions.
- They are very durable, yet light and cushy. They have a sexy price tag too for the quality. I am a happy customer.
- I have gigantic and wide feet and these accommodate that nicely with still room to spare in the toe box. I didn't have to break them in. They ar the top 3 for me in the most comfortable category. They are well ventilated and have wonderful grip.
- Merrell is my favorite brand and these shoes have proven so again. They are the most comfortable I have owned and they are very duriale. I am pleased and think they are really more than worth the money.
- I had to add soles because the padding was lacking. These had great support for my bunion ridden flat feet. I didn’t have to use my orthotics with them, which is nice. I use them for work and my feet are not screaming at me at the end of the day, which is nice. The mesh on these keep my feet nice and cool too.
- Lots of toe space and the width is spot on. I like the coolness of the mesh material. They are not bulky ye are really cushioned and supportive. The arch support is a bit less than I need and why did they discontinue so fast?
- I bit snug, had to go up a half size. They breath well and are comfortable Thee are my lightweight travel buddies I take them everywhere because I know they are going to take care of my feet. Feel nice and cool in the heat too.
- No blisters out of the box. Went hiking and they feel like they were made for my feet. I am dumbfounded that these are so damn good! I will be getting another pair ASAP.
- They lacked a bit in durability, only had thema couple months and they are beat up. They are comfortable though and I wear them for everything. They are great running and trailing. I cannot find anything else negative about them. Great shoes.
- Thee fit to size an are more than comfortable. I love the shoe.
- I have sensitive feet and they do not like many styles of shoes. They are blister havens. These made me worry where they rubbed in the arches they are fitting nice though and had ample toe box room. I wore these to break them in before taking them to the river and absolutely no blisters. YAY! They have so much wind breezing through them and I am in love with these. I got one tiny blister on my big toe but mole skinned it up and they are magic.exceptionally comfortable.
- The sole is stiffer than I expected, yet they are soft and cushy. They have a lot of support and fit well with the wide toe box. Great shoe Merrell. I will buy these again.
- My go to hiking shoe. They are a perfect fit and feel great without socks. They are lightweight for the river, trudging through the water. The tread has grip for days and keeps me stable hiking This is a great shoe for any outdoor activity, for sure.
- I have had these for a year and they are still like new. They come a little clunky looking but the comfort and durability are spot on.
- Thee dried overnight after a day of hiking up the river. They were completely dry. They have awesome traction and worked great in the Rockies. They are so light and really comfy. I recommend this shoe to any outdoorsy people.
- These are really light for a trail runner but they have more than enough support. They are breathable and see through-ish. They have a really good grip and work well in the water. They have a really roomy and nice to box. And are vegan. They also look great. The upper part was a bit low and my heel slipped a bit. Might need a bit smaller size to help with that. Otherwise, great shoe as always from Merrell.
- These were better than my hiking boots on the trails in th tracktion department. I was impressed. These took about 4 hours to dry after river walking. They are over the top in comfort too, no issues at all with these.
- These fit me true to size. These are really stable on the rocky surfaces on my local hiking trails They have really good comfort and I did not get any hot pots or blisters from breaking in. I have no negatives with these shoes.
- I wasn't aware that these were water type shoes when I bought them. They let sand and water in like crazy and they were not great for my city walks. Guess these are not made for any of my outings.
- The arches seem set back a bit t far and it gave me a lot of pain. They also really have an awful smell to them.
- I have high arches and these did not suffice. They were tight in the toes too and I do not have wide feet. They just did not work for me.
- After a use on the trails, I am blistered up and full of arch pain. They were stiff and really hard to wear. I tried breaking them in but it wasn’t working. I am more than disappointed.
- I tried wearing these a few times on my hiking trip and they gave me ankle blisters every time, so uncomfortable. They stayed wet the whole time. After drying they started separating in th soles. They are a poor made hiking shoe in my opinion.
Read also about
- Synthetic sole
- Breathable mesh and durable synthetic uppers
- Omni-Fit lacing system
- Mesh lining with odor-preventing M Select FRESH technologies
- Cushioned and protective UniFly midsole
- TC5+ Vibram outsole with 5 mm lug depth