Merrell All Out Blaze Sieve
At the beach, it’s nice to feel the sand between your toes and the cool water on your feet. But sometimes, your feet require a little extra protection. For conditions and environments where water is a guaranteed factor, a water shoe can keep your feet from getting blistered and injured. The Merrell All Out Blaze Sieve features a sandal-like design with many cutouts to help drain out water. Whether you’re at the lakeside cabin fishing and catching frogs or you’re heading out for a short trail walk on an unusually rainy day, the Sieve ensures you stay dry even in the wettest scenarios. These are the perfect pair of summer sandals for your adventurous lifestyle.
- Easy slip-on design
- Quick-lacing system
- Drains water easily
- Outsole could be improved
- Holes pose a danger on technical trails
- Overall, buyers like the comfort and durability of the Merrell All Out Blaze Sieve. Merrell has created a standard for their shoes and many say this one lives up to their expectations.
- As a shoe designed for use in wet conditions, buyers praise the All Out Blaze Sieve for its performance while kayaking, fishing, camping, or trekking around waterfalls.
- It's an easy on, easy off shoe. The bungee cord laces make adjustments quick and simple.
- The elastic in the heel keeps the shoe in place even when wet.
- Water drains quickly out of the shoes making it easy to move around in wet conditions.
- It was noted that the fit of the shoe stays true even after being fully submerged in water, dried, and washed.
- Not all, but most buyers say the soles have great traction.
- Reviewers who have had the shoes for an extended period of time say they have held up even after excessive use.
- Although these are more of a water shoe, many buyers say they are great for light hiking and work.
- If you want to save packing space when you travel, this is a good option. The All Out Blaze Sieve works as a hiking shoe, water shoe, aren't bulky, and don't require socks.
- The material on the upper is easy to clean.
- Holes in the upper help provide some breathability which make these shoes great for warm weather activities.
- There is a lot of praise for the color options and overall appearance.
- Very few buyers have needed any break in time for these shoes. Most were comfortable wearing them straight out of the box.
- The toe design provides more protection than a typical sandal or water shoe.
- Lightweight design with a snug fit adds comfort and stability.
- Watershoes can sometimes produce a smell after use, but several buyers noted not noticing any smell developing after wearing these shoes.
- Many reviewers say the Merrell All Out Blaze Sieve is a great balance of shoe and sandal. They work for a variety of outdoor activities.
- The most common complaint for the All Out Blaze Sieve is sizing. Some buyers say the fit is too small and narrow. Checking sizing charts before ordering is important since these shoes are designed to be worn without socks.
- Although the design allows water to drain out easily, small rocks and dirt can get in the shoe. Some say it's easy to get them out without having to remove the shoe, while others had trouble with dirt getting caught in the toe cap.
- The toe area is more narrow than some other water shoes. This can lead to some pain or rubbing since socks aren't typically worn.
- The soles of the shoe are flexible, but some buyers complain they are too thin and not protective enough on rocky trails.
- It takes several hours for these shoes to completely dry after being fully submerged in water.
- There is a lot of praise for the overall comfort of the shoe, but there isn't adequate arch support for some people.
- Several people noted issues with stitching quickly loosening in some areas of the shoe. This includes a couple of reports of loose stitches straight out of the box.
- Due to the tongue design, the top opening of the shoe can feel too tight for some people who prefer a more open design.
- Although many buyers are satisfied with the traction of the shoes in wet and dry conditions, a small percentage experienced very little to no traction when walking on some slick surfaces. This made the shoe a dangerous choice for them as a water shoe.
Users reported that while the lugs perform relatively well, the Vibram brand rubber was less impressive than expected. A number of reviewers found the sole slippery on wet ground, which seems like an oversight for a water shoe. The outsole is not a complete failure, however. It’s fairly grippy but also super durable.
Reviewers were happy with the sizing of the Blaze. The sandal-style makes the shoe easy to slip on and off. Users can adjust the fit with bungee cord laces, though some noted that the upper design and lacing system don’t offer a great deal of support for technical trail conditions. The elastic back of the shoe is convenient, but without a heel counter, overall support is limited. The interior isn’t seamless, and users reported issues with blisters. Going barefoot in these water shoes might not work for everyone.
Keep in mind that even with the inclusion of a toe cap, the rest of the shoe leaves a whole lot of foot exposed. On gnarly trails, this can pose an injury risk. Be careful, also, when wearing the Sieve in tick-heavy areas. If you do happen to walk through tall grasses or in other tick-laden environments, make sure to check your feet when you get home. If you’re out with your furry walking buddy, don’t forget to check them as well. Ticks can spread Lyme and other diseases.
- Sandal design with slip-on construction
- TC5+ Vibram outsole provides traction and durability
- 3mm lugs for added grip
- UniFly midsole material for padding underfoot
- Waterproof leather upper helps repel water
- Drainage holes for shedding water
- M Select FRESH anti-microbial liner
- Neoprene interior is water repellent and quick-drying
- Protective toe cap
- 8mm drop
A few simple fixes are all that’s required for version 2. Overall, the shoe is easy to slip on and kick off. A quick tug on the elastic laces is all that’s needed to tighten the Sieve. A flexible sole makes it easy to navigate on the trails deftly. Built for wet environments, the shoe also features a quick-drying waterproof design with drainage holes to repeal what’s left of the water after you step in a puddle. Breathability is indeed not an issue, and the Sieve also happens to be incredibly durable.
Heading to the beach this summer and looking forward to long walks along the ocean? Excited to go fishing at the cabin? Or maybe you happen to walk your dog on waterlogged trails. The Merrell All Out Sieve will suit your needs for all these scenarios.