Skechers GORun Forza
Skechers is no longer just the casual-cool sneaker manufacturer that all the teenage kids are wearing. Skechers Performance division has been making its presence known in a variety of sports, like golf, but is becoming an especially big name in running.
If you still aren’t quite convinced that you should take Skechers seriously as a producer of athletic footwear, hear this. Their Performance footwear is created in partnership with and then tested by, world-class professional athletes. Two marathon runners that they work with to create their running shoes are Meb and Kara Goucher, just to name a few. The company also works with other elite distance athletes and triathletes to create footwear that is durable, comfortable, and supportive on even the longest runs.
The GORun Forza is Skechers first go at a stability running shoe. With the introduction of the Forza, Skechers aimed to provide runners with a daily training shoe that provides stability and comfort, but also durability that will last even high-mileage runners.
Does the Forza make the grade? Keep reading our in-depth review to find out how the Skechers GORun Forza measures up.
- The midfoot M-Strike technology provides a smooth transition.
- Provides good stability and motion control.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Responsive, especially for a stability shoe.
- Some reviewers had issues with durability.
- The Medial Posts were very stiff.
- Some reviewers said the stability features were a little too much.
- The Skechers GORun Forza get high praise for the level of comfort they provide, even for those with chronic pain issues.
- Many reviewers reference foot issues that normally cause them pain during activity such as Plantar Fasciitis and overpronation, but they felt no pain wearing these shoes.
- According to a large number of buyers, these shoes can perform during extensive wear. From marathons to long shifts at work, people have been surprised with how comfortable their feet feel in Skechers GORun Forza.
- Many buyers say they would recommend these shoes to others.
- Most people did not need any break in time. These shoes feel great right out of the box.
- The material of the upper is snug without constricting the foot's natural movement.
- The heel area has enough support to hold the fit of the shoe so it doesn't slip and up and down with movement.
- Buyers who had never considered Skechers for running shoes before say these shoes changed their perspective. Many people reported quickly buying a second pair because they were so impressed.
- The GORun Forzas have a lot of cushion and bounce without being too bulky.
- Several people noted that they felt stable in these shoes during activities with strenuous lateral movement.
- If you are a heel striker, this shoe is a good option. Several buyers report these shoes didn't cause pain for them as a heel striker.
- These work well for both indoor and outdoor workouts and runs.
- A large number of reviewers with pronation praise how painless running is for them in these shoes.
- The GORun Forzas are known for their motion control, and that is reflected in the reviews.
- People who had previously suffered from leg and joint stress from running claim they feel no pain with these shoes.
- There are no reports of hot spots. This is largely due to the design of the upper which doesn't have excessive stitching.
- A few people reported that these shoes dried quickly after getting slightly wet.
- There is a lot of praise for the color options and design.
- These shoes work well with orthotics.
- Many reviewers like the bounce, cushion, and responsiveness of the soles.
- The number one complaint about the GORun Forza is inconsistent sizing. Quite a few people remarked about their frustration with this; especially when ordering online. For those who order a size too small, they experienced extra pressure and cramping in the toe box.
- The first in the GORun Forza series is difficult to find. Versions 2 and 3 are more readily available.
- For some, the thickness of the upper made the fit too snug for this to be an all day shoe.
- There are plenty of reviews from long distance runners, but few from those who do speed training. One reviewer remarked that the height of the sole can adversely affect stability during speed training.
- The tight mesh of the upper cuts down on the ventilation of the shoe making these warmer. This led to blisters for a few buyers.
- Although many people find the design and colors attractive, a small portion of reviewers say the color options are the only downside to the GORun Forza.
- As with any shoe, the surface you walk on can affect your step. Two reviewers noticed that the soles of their Skechers GORun Forzas noticeably squeaked on certain surfaces.
The outsole is loaded with flex grooves in between the pod-shaped sections of the forefoot. These allow for a comfortable and natural toe off because your foot can bend easily. The forefoot area of the outsole also features a blown rubber, which is durable and provides cushioning.
The second part of the midsole is a medial post, as previously mentioned, also made of Resalyte. This helps balance your foot, which also encourages your natural gait. It also increases the support provided by the shoe. All of this foam might seem like the shoe will have a stiff or heavy platform, but this is not the case. Most runners that have worn this shoe say it doesn't feel boxy or clunky at all.
The mesh is also highly durable, so it can handle any obstacles you encounter on your run and will last for many miles.
The upper is seamless, eliminating the possibility of chafing caused by seams digging into your foot. Additionally, it is made of breathable mesh, which keeps your feet cool, dry, and therefore, comfortable. The upper is also very flexible, so even though it fits snugly to keep your foot in proper position, it does not constrict movement in any way.
• M-Strike technology for smoother transitions
• Agion® antimicrobial protection
• 3D print technology used in upper
• Medial posts to prevent excessive pronation