Skechers GOwalk 4
Although they don’t offer the same sense of style and high-level performance as some of the most popular brands of running shoes, Skechers has managed to carve out a niche of its own in the world of athletic footwear. Much closer in design and fashion to New Balance than Adidas or Nike, their shoes emphasize comfort and support over speed and style. While this doesn’t do Skechers any favors with younger customers and fashion-oriented hypebeasts, they do have a dedicated following of people who enjoy feeling comfortable while walking or running that don’t really care how they look while they do it. The Skechers GOwalk 4 is a terrific example of the manufacturer’s design philosophy, with its supportive midsole and comfortable flexibility.
- Extremely lightweight and breathable
- Very comfortable cushioning
- Highly affordable
- Built to handle long walking sessions
- Not designed for running
- Runs a half size smaller than true size
- These reduced the pain I was getting after walking a lot of miles on vacation. Shoes tend to collapse on me because I am such a big dude, these did not. I do suggest getting a half size up. These shoes are a dream though. Great cushion and over all design. They fit like a glove. .
- These have reduced all my pain and they absorb all the walking pressure while hugging my feet perfectly. They do not create any pressure points and have seemed to wear really evenly. They do run a bit small but that isn't a problem for me. Best shoes I have ever bought.
- The soles in these have allowed me to walk again without pain. I do not know what else to say. I am so in love.
- I really love these shoes. They did have some sizing issues and that was annoying. I need a bit more toe room. Other than that, it really is a great and standard, cozy shoe.
- I wore these straight out the box and to work for a 12 hour shift. They not only kept me feeling great all day, they were the best in comfort of any shoe I have tried. I was shocked. They are way lighter than I thought they would be too. Good job Skechers.
- I wore these right out of the box and got my money's worth on the first run through. I mean, seriously, The foam and comfort have me wanting to go run. I have no blisters or pain in my back. SKetchers are really stepping up their game and not over charging. That’s what I like.
- I am so excited that I found these. They are so supportive and keep me on my feet all day without any pain. These are my new go to shoe for life.
- Although these are light they are still super durable. I am so happy with the cushion and how it absorbs and hugs my feet. They support everything I do and have ample enough room in the toe box. I don't even remember that I have neuroma with these on and they have never given me fatigue. Grade A shoe and i recommend
- I needed a little extra arch support but the padding is great in these. They are a bit heavier than I was expecting but not too much. I wear these a lot and it really shows in the shoe but it is only because they are so freaking comfy!
- I love the style of these shoes, they look great with everything. I like that I can get that without them failing in comfort. I wish that they had a bit more arch support but they are great walking shoes.
- It is super supportive without being clunky; it is really light. These shoes really go the distance with solid support and comfort and the price is killer. I am happy with this shoe.
- I have to walk around 10 miles a day at work and it was suggested that I switch my hoes around. However, these shoes have proven to hold up to it all. I no longer have residual pain from shoes and they are so light. I recommend these to everyone. I am just amazed I found pillows for my feet, I never want t to take them off.
- These didn't last as long as I would of liked but I am hard on shoes and the price is a bit low. However, I haven't ever worn a more comfortable shoe. There was no break in time and the soles took pressure off my instep. I was happy with them for the most part.
- I was able to wear these without any pain walking all over europe. THey are extremely comfortable and really shape to your feet after wearing them a bit. I wish the sole was a wee bit thicker but that didn't make them any less comfortable.
- These shoes impressed me right out of the box. I use these for my 5 mile power walks and , man, have these been great. They are solid waking shoes and have great support and comfort. I am so impressed with Sketchers these days.
- I got these bigger than my normal size by half. I really like the price on these. I was skeptical because they were priced lower than I imagined a shoe of this stature would be. They have exceeded all my expectations. They are comfortable and suchy. They are extremely light and fit to size. These are better than all my high dollar shoes I bought in the past times 10.
- I wanted a higher arch support but other than that, these shoes are the bomb. I cannot get over the comfort and the support is that of a high end shoe. I walk a lot in these and have never had one issue. These have helped my back issues tremendously. I really recommend this shoe a lot.
- This new design is great. They fit like they were supposed to and the toe box is better than the older styles. Someone is reading the reviews. The foam inside is a dream adn really hugs and forms to your feet without bottoming out. The support is more than the other models and I really feel like my ankles and feet are secure in these shoes. I like that they are easy to get into and just irresistible in comfort. These are the best yet from Sketchers.
- These are a real minimalist shoe without meaning to be, I think. They have what they need, comfort and stability while being light. They do not have a lot of traction so keep that in mind. The sole is one big piece and not layered like some runners The foam just forms to your feet without losing integrity after a day of use. I would stick these to my walking shoes though. They really aren't designed to be a speed runner.
- Super light ad yet durable. They do not fail in comfort and the foamy inside is like nothing I have ever felt on my feet before. They have a great style hat I can wear to the gym and to the bar if need be. The soles are so durable you would think they would be rough but man are they cozy.
- If you are looking for a shoe that fits like a sock than I suggest this. It is easier than others to put on. It is also a super comfortable and cushy design/ I am amazed at the product for the price. Skechers really has figured out how to make a great show without robbing people and I am so grateful. I am a huge fan of this shoe.
- I was annoyed at the sizing. Otherwise, they are comfortable. I had to exchange them 4 times to get the right size. Maybe I should go to the store next time.
- These ran wy smaller than any she I have bought. They also word down really quick. Cheap design. I am not a satisfied customer at all. I returned them ASAP.
- I was so disappointed that they changed the size in these and then the size I had to get did not come in the color I wanted. Boo! Disgruntled to say the least!
- Why did you guys change your sizing AGAIN? I love sketchers but these were so off. I mean seriously disappointed, never again!
- After only a couple months of use, the shoe is falling apart and it wore really awkward. I was able to feel every little thing through the bottom of these. I love Sketchers, just not these.
- There was absolutely no support in these shoes. I am not sure how the are able to sell these as a runner?
- I couldn't even get my size on my feet. They were like baby shoes for my feet. This is just so disappointing. I will not be buying Skechers again.
- I barely have worn these and when I do, I am not walking, just standing. They have started to fall apart already and they are not really that comfortable. They really have me in pain.
- I was really disappointed after these started to come apart a couple months in. I really enjoyed them in comfort and style. I am a disappointed customer for sure.
- Highly ventilated synthetic mesh upper
- 5GEN midsole emphasizes comfort and support
- Mostly flat outsole evenly spreads weight and energy
- Extremely lightweight design
- Minimalistic style with a subdued color palette