ASICS Gel Excite 2
The ASICS Gel Excite 2 is a reasonable, passage level shoe that gives great padding and support. This shoe is an awesome decision for low mileage and apprentice runners and furthermore makes an amazing ordinary strolling shoe. A strong carbon elastic outsole gives assurance and footing to the one who has it on and a rearfoot exemplary Gel padding framework assimilates the shock of effect. The greater part of the padding is in the heel of the shoe which implies this shoe may not be a decent a decision for prepared forefoot or midfoot strikers. Those Heel strikers plus the heavy runners will observe the shoe to be outstandingly comfortable, strong, and stable.
- Very fair price
- Shock absorption
- Durability and grip
- Enhanced flexibility
- Separable sock liner
- Great beginner shoe
- Not suitable for high mileage
- Stitching in upper can cause hot spots
- No trendy model with various colors and sizes
- I've tried many running shoes over the year but to me Asics are the only brand that don't play around with their sizing. Other brands always seem to have a different fit with each style of shoe so after trying so many I decided to give Asics a try. I was so pleasantly surprised when I tried them and the fit was perfect and it provides the cushioning needed for a great running shoe. The style may not be to my taste but performance outweighs aesthetics for me and I am happy with this purchase.
- I bought these for my boyfriend after being an Asics fan myself for years and I'm pleased to say he is thrilled with them. Great color and they even have reflective strips. He has been wearing them everywhere from the gym to running and cycling. These are a great all rounder. I can't recommend enough!
- These are the best pair of running shoes I have owned. So comfortable that I told my daughter to go out and buy some too. I go out walking a lot and these provide the comfort and support I need.
- I've been a fan of Asics for some time. I will say that I have them in two colors and one pair feels slightly tighter than the other but after a while I managed to break them in. I do wish Asics would consider those of us who aren't always running out and about when they design their shoes. I wear mine everywhere so some of the brighter colors don't work for me.
- I am a total gym rat and as a result I've suffered a few injuries, especially problems with my ankles and these shoes have been just what I needed. Great fit and cushioning. I like them so much I'm buying another as soon as pay day hits.
- I don't like to spend a small fortune on the coolest new shoes and, after wearing Nike and Saucony during a break from my usual Asics, I had to come back. The thing these shoes have over the other brands is the fact that it's a high quality shoe at an affordable price. My feet and ankles feel supported and there is adequate cushioning for road running. They always fit well. These are shoes for people who want to run without trying to impress with flashy design.
- I am a frequent runner and even though I haven't been too far in these shoes just yet I can tell they are far superior to my previous shoes. They fit as expected (not always the case with other brands) and they have made running a lot easier on my legs, knees and feet. I love the lightweight feel and arch support and they look like they are going to be durable so I can use them for many more runs!
- One of the things I love about these shoes is that they perform well on different terrains. I have never even had a blister or had to break them in. I do a lot of running and have completed a few half marathons and these have been awesome every time.
- I've had these shoes for a while and they feel tight. I'm not sure if they will stretch over time or not but I wish I had known and could've ordered a wider size.
- I have worn these shoes most days for a few months and they really do fit and feel great. Sadly they are falling apart way ahead of their time. I wear them for work every day and they are the most comfortable shoes I've owned but as I'm sitting down in an office all day I do find it odd that they are falling apart so soon.
- My feet are so flat but these have really worked out great for me. If you have the same problem I would recommend. I was a little worried about the colors being too crazy but I'm really happy with these shoe!
- Such a great price for a brilliant running shoe. I've used taken them out for a run a few times since I bought them and I find that it has worked great for me. I tried other more expensive shoes in the past but these are the best.
- I've been buying Asics shoes for many years and they are always reliable. They can be used for so many different activities from running and walking to cross training. Asics shoes are so durable and they continually produce shoes that provide comfort and support. I find they last much longer than some of the other brands out there. I recommend these shoes to everyone.
- I am a fan of these shoes but the mesh on the top allows for dirt and sand to easy get into the shoe. The arch is well supported but I do wish the mesh wasn't so porous.
- In my opinion these shoes do run small. My feet are quite narrow and I find them a little tight. I think they're great for walking as they're so comfortable with excellent cushioning which gives me a spring in my step. I did have to break them in which I don't usually expect to have to do with running shoes but I am happy with my purchase.
- I'm a fan of the colors in this range and I really like the shoe but my job requires me to spend long periods standing and these don't provide the cushioning and support I need. They're inexpensive and I think probably a great shoe for getting around town but if you are looking for a little more support I would go for the Gel Nimbus 17.
- I always wear Asics because for me the price is the best. I have to wear orthotics and these fit in well and now I can wear them for both running and walking.
- I really wish I had looked after these shoes a little better as I think they're the best running shoes I have ever worn. I used them for a race and ran track in them and now I will be purchasing another pair.
- After a car accident left my back in pain I knew I would need to start wearing good quality running shoes. I have tried many of the other major brands but they never seemed to deliver on their promises. My back and feet feel supported so I am able to go out on a run without discomfort. I think they're the best running and all round shoe I have ever had. I was wearing Nike before but now I have made the switch to Asics I won't be turning back.
- I mainly use these shoes for walking and they are incredibly comfortable. I love the price as it means I can now invest in my second pair!
- I always find running shoes a little tight so I like to buy a half size larger than I usually would and these were no exception. If you want a good fit I would recommend sizing up. They fit really well and my feet have lots of room to move but no slipping on the shoe.
- My husbands job requires him to be on his feet for many hours a day so I decided to buy him a pair of these. He is really pleased with the shoes and even said they required little to no breaking in. He may not be using them for running but they have held up well and his job requires him to do a lot of walking
- These shoes offer great support. I didn't even need to add an arch-support and the gel makes them so easy to wear when walking around town or great for vacation. I would say they're a really good all round sneaker. They are well made and long lasting. Like many others I have tried all the major brands but these shoes are the ones for me.
- I bought these shoes as I do a lot of distance training and have completed a few half marathons. These are a good quality shoe for a reasonable price. Very comfortable.
- Good fit and excellent support. I always buy Asics and these hold up just as well as my previous paid. Really great shoes!
- I have been buying Asics shoes for a long time and I love them but this time I couldn't help feeling let down. They're great for walking but they feel so narrow that when I use them for running they make my feet hurt and I have never had this problem with other shoes. I wanted to use them for HIIT training but after a few rounds I had to stop.
- If you like me have wide feet you may find these too narrow. I'm sad that I have to return mine.
- After owning many pairs of Asics I was disappointed that this pair fell apart after about 2 months. I have always loved Asics and always found them to be worth the money and conformable. I had to throw them out after holes started appearing along the toe seam.
- These shoes were a huge disappointment to me. I have never had a problem with Asics before but these feel so flimsy. I genuinely wanted to like this shoe but it feels like a huge let down and there is little to no support for the arch of the foot and nowhere near enough cushioning.
- This shoe only lasted me around 2 months before they needed to be replaced. If you need lateral support this is not the shoe for you. They are not water-resistant and if you are either and under pronator or a pronator I would not recommend this shoe.
In spite of the fact that the shoe takes into account heel strikers, walkers, and runners of all capacities advantage from the shock retention properties of the padded sole. Additional cushioning all around the lower leg keeps the foot secure and comfortable inside the shoe. A cushioned tongue makes an extraordinary showing with regards to of appropriating the weight of the bands equitably over the highest point of the foot. A slender sockliner gives some additional padding, or it can be evacuated for an altered or more steady insole.
Runners of all ability levels will value the adjust of solace and adaptability that ASICS has been conveying with their running shoes for a long while.
Runners not able to get this model in their respective sizes may want to look in the Gel Excite 3 or Excite 4 that has some upgraded components and gets additionaly favorable reviews.
• AHAR+Outsole that is abrasion- rubber resistant
• Cushioning Gel in the Rearfoot
• Horizontal and Vertical flex grooves
• 10mm drop from heel through to the toe
• enhanced breathing mesh upper
• Replaceable sockliner
• Reflective accents