Asics Gel Excite 4
These well-cushioned running shoes are ideal for low mileage runners. The Asics Gel Excite 4 are shoes that manage to provide comfort over any other feature. The Gel Cushioning System manages to bring remarkable shock absorption for softer landings and more efficient transitions. The upper from these shoes have been redesigned and it offers more breathability than the Gel Excite 3. The holes in the mesh upper are wider than before and the overlays are placed strategically for enhanced fit and better durability. These shoes are especially good for runners that prefer plush cushioning or runners looking for affordable recovery shoes.
- Extended durability
- Plush cushioning
- Available in different width options
- Poor traction on wet surfaces
- Take a while to break in
- I bought these for my husband who has a reconstructed foot, he has screws and plates. He has not been able to run since the surgery. After wearing these shoes on his 1st ever 10 mile run, he has no pain. I am thrilled. I do Marathons and he is wanting to do them with me and he has found a way to do so with these shoes.
- These shoes support my low arches and my orthotics. They come up a bit higher in the back and support my heels well and I have good space even after my inserts.
- My job entails me running back and forth constantly, literally, for 8 hours. These feel like camas for my feet. They break in real easy. These have really worked for my joint pain and they have really good durable tread on them. I have tried many other brands and these work the best in my opinion.
- These shoes are great for runners and walkers. The mesh material on the top is very flexible and they are very durable, I had mine for over a year. They did have a slight rub in the heel to start but it has diminished with the break in. I would suggest getting good socks too so you do not have any issues with the rubbing.
- All the Nike running shoes I have had gave me issues. This shoe fits my feet with so much more running support around ankle and in the arch. Wouldn't recommend these for wide feet however. They seem to be for normal to slender being that they hug the feet with cushion around the ankle and arch. Very very comfortable brand for running.
- Thee have a great fit to them, are light and very comfortable on the feet. I went a half size up and they seem to be doing great. The soles could use a bit more cushion but I just added inserts. These have great absorbency when I run in them and I ave no residual pain.
- I can’t really say how ugly these shoes are. However, they are extremely comfortable. I wear these for my 10+ hour shifts and my feet never get fatigued. They are really thick and clunky but comfortable.
- These shoes are really comfortable. I realized after a couple wears the toe box was a bit tight. I ended up getting a stretcher for them and they fit great now. I like them a lot and they are a great color.
- There was no break in time. These were very comfortable and light as well as fit to size, which was nice. I can feel the wind on my toes when I run and I like that these have eliminated all of my knee pain.They have great shock absorbency as well. I would highly recommend these to anyone needing a great pair of gym shoes!
- Wearing these is very similar to wearing my old Noosa Tri-8’s. They are great for my distance runs and feel nice on my feet. The style on these is really nice too.
- I always reorder thes show when my old one wears. This one felt snugger than I am used too but they ended up breaking in well. I always know when It is time to get another pair because the bottom treads start peeling apart.
- Asics got my attention due to their ethical practices when in production. And they are comfortable and fit my narrow feet. I wouldn't suggest for people with wide feet. The give my toes a squeeze now and then but nothing terrible.
- The really enjoy the cool mesh design on these and that they were true to size for me. I have complicated feet to fit and these were perfect. Very well made shoes.
- They really cupped my narrow heel while allowing plenty of toe space. I have super narrow feet and I am not sure these shoes were made for wide feet. They fit snug around the whole foot. I would suggest wide footed people get at least a .5 size up.
- I ordered these at a .5 size larger and I love them. I am prone to shin splints and my high arches cause pain in my heels and ankles if I do not get enough support. These have supported me perfect and I have no pain. These shoes are fantastic and fit great.
- These shoes work great with my neutral foot. I also have high arches and they give good support. They are a bit narrower than the Gel Nimbus’ I usually purchase. All in all, a great an comfortable shoe.
- These shoes are super durable, lasting ages it seems like. I only run about 4 miles a week but I wear them out as well. They are just really comfortable. You can purchase these in a wide and they are nice. I have a wide foot and do not have to order a size up when I order the wide size. Great jogging shoes.
- These shoes haven't created the fatigue other brands have when I wear them. I wore these out of the box and used them for work and the gym and had no issues. They have really nice cushioning.
- I am in love with how well supported these shoes are. They are great for standing and walking on concrete all day, that is what I use them for. They have a nice thick cushioning These shoes haven't put any extra pressure on my toes like some shoes. They are great.
- I like to walk long distances and these being so light is what sold me. Then, the fact they were so freaking comfortable. They fit me like a glove and were very cushy. I loved the last model and these haven’t disappointed.
- I like that these shoes are vegan made. I ended up buying a second gray pair for dressing up with. They are so comfortable and are really stylish. My other pair is for working out. They are a versatile shoe and always comfy.
- These have helped me with ll my issues. My ankles no longer roll and creat knee pain. They have great arch support. One of my arches is higher and the shoe is so good I can make one shoe tighter and it adds more arch support. I wear these almost everyday, all day and the sole is still kicking butt. The are also really light. I really have no complaints for this shoe. Great job Asics.
- I am really unhappy with these shoes. I need good shoes to work in, I am a nurse. Htse however after about 2 weeks of wear started squeaking horribly. I mean I had another pair and tried them and the same thing. I can't wear these to work because they are walking up patients. This is so annoying, you do not even know!
- For one, I prefer the black bottoms. They are way easier to keep clean. Second, these are not like the last pair I bought of these. They seem to be way narrower. They were to tight in the toe area so I returned them.
- I wore these one day and I had so much pain in my feet. I am on my feet all day. I would not recommend these shoes, they really do not provide any support.
- If you are just lifting or doing a little walking, these are ok. But i tried these in my zumba class and they were not good at all. My feet hurt so bad. They are obviously not made for any sort of fast movement or laterals. I’d do better with no shoes at all.
- There was no cushion or arch support for me. I tried to give them a bit of time to break in but, nope. It put a lot of pressure in the ball of my foot. I think this is just a horribly made shoe.
- The heel started to come apart and fray on these. They were comfortable but didn't set well.
- 2 decades I have been wearing Asics and loved them all. However, these, these were so bad. Everything hurt: hips,shins, ankles. Even replacing the insoles did no good. These are just really bad Asics.
- After minimal wear, lie once a week, these have started to fall apart to a point they are not wearable. The toes are rubbing holes in the mesh. This is happening on both shoes.
- These were a bit short to start. Then, they had no support and the cushioning was off. The insides felt flat. These were just bad quality and I am an Asics fan.
• AHAR+ outsole
• Gel Cushioning System
• Removable molded EVA sock liner
• Reflectivity in dark conditions
• Synthetic nylon mesh upper
• Blown Rubber compound in the outsole