New Balance 860 v6
New Balance knows how to make a quality stability shoe. This model is certainly no different. The New Balance 860 v6 is a sturdy shoe that is willing and ready to put in long miles with you. An ideal running partner for the overpronator, the New Balance 860 v6 can offer you the stability, support, and cushioning you need without adding too much additional weight. The durable outsole made of carbon rubber makes this shoe a long-lasting option, and with a price tag that comes in under one hundred dollars, it is hard to find something to dislike about this shoe. This model also offers a unique look that slightly strays away from the classic look of the traditional New Balance design. It is sure to get your attention (the good kind!) while you’re out building that mileage.
This shoe comes equipped with new technology that provides relief to joint pain, an improvement to your stride, and lightweight cushioning. All of these features come to you by way of an American made product that you can feel good about supporting.
- Comfort and Weight - This shoe offers a unique combination of added cushioning without adding excessive weight. This shoe weighs in at 10.2 ounces which is lower than many other stability shoes on the market.
- Breathability - The breathable mesh upper keeps your keep dry and cool even on long, hot runs
- Long runs - Speaking of long runs, this is the ideal shoe that can take you on your long marathon training runs. Because of the carbon rubber outsole, it will also hold up against your training too.
- Stability - This shoe is a stability powerhouse. It utilizes technologies that are specifically designed to help the runner stop overpronating and correct their gait. Heavier runners and runners with a wide foot especially love this shoe.
- Be prepared for a bit of a 'breaking-in' period with these shoes. Runners reported that the shoes caused blisters on the first few runs, but once they were broken in, they found these shoes very comfortable.
- Sizing can be an issue with these shoes. If you are purchasing them online, consider going a size smaller than you usually buy. Runners reported that these shoes run smaller than their other New Balance running shoes.
- The size and weight of this shoe keep it out of the fast racing show. Athletes loved it as a shoe to complete their long runs in or even as a shoe that was ideal for their daily wear, but not one that they would use for speedwork.
- Really like the crash pad made from EVA foam in these shoes, for me the shock absorbing level is perfect., I run 25 miles each week, this shoe is not hard on my feet and gives very good support, my foot size is 9.2 ( 2E ) and the fit is perfect. I use these just for running.
- I wanted a forward moving shoe and this shoe works, I like the thicker heel which aids lateral movement and helps me push forward, just about the right cushioning and when upping the speed I like the stability in this shoe. I find the toebox area of these shoes perfect for my toes, no pinching in the way some others shoes do.
- I have narrow feet and often struggle with many shoes being too wide but these are an exact fit with means I get the needed structural support and my feet don't slip sideways while I run. Really appreciate the level of medial support. Five months of using these and no complaints.
- Once I had figured out the sizing system I found I had got the most comfortable shoe in terms of width, for the medial support I checked the color coding to ensure I made the right choice. The shoe runs perfectly for me and I put in easily 30 miles every week. Very satisfied.
- A bit heavy but in return really very comfortable, I weight 240 pounds so I need a robust strong type of running shoe, I can tell you that this shoe is good, I have used it in two triathlons and it was superbly good.
- With these shoes I’m able to forget about supports for my flat feet, the support and comfort are just what I need, done a lot of running and these are working for me. This shoe is tighter around my toes but no issues.
- Three months in and the support, fit and cushion are nice, I use a 14N so I made sure I got the width sizing accurately, the shoes show very little wear so far and I'm very pleased with these.
- I have always met width problems when I choose running shoes, I found with balance the ideal shoe for me, its 2E, perfect for my feet, lots of comforts, nice strong support and the shoe keeps my feet cool. These are 4 stars for comfort I like the fit.
- I have noticed these are lighter than the earlier version and the sole is more robust, I do a lot of treadmills and it turns out that these shoes are perfect. These shoes grip nicely and a lot less pounding and more natural glide
- I buy this line for my son, his feet are difficult for fit, very bony and narrow, mesh upper shoes work best for him. He does a lot of long distances and so I got the size E for him and these are really right for him. I can advise others that these shoes are perfect if you take the time to choose the right fit.
- The shoe feels far bulkier than the previous model and this is not so comfortable as my feet are narrow. I ended up with blisters for my early runs while breaking in the shoe. The biggest problem with these shoes is getting the right sizing. For me these are really not comfortable for pavement running, they don’t soak up shock enough for me.
- The quality for this line of shoes is starting to slip. The toe box is clearly smaller and not comfortable while running, okay at first but after a few miles, I can feel the pinch around my toes. Surprisingly, the laces are much to short to be practical.
- Something changed with the support, it’s a lot less in these updates. The sizing was very confusing and I know that these are too wide for my feet, only a little too wide but enough to feel uncomfortable.
- Right away, toe space issues tried a prolonged breaking in for the shoe but it really started to make my feet ache too much. I like the construction and the shape but they really don’t work for my feet at all.
- I took advice, got the D width pair but still the wrong fit, the sizing system for these shoes it totally confusing, it really is hit or miss to get the exact size. The toe box is too confining and I can’t move my toes, after a few miles my toes lose all feeling. Back in the box for these.
As mentioned above, this shoe has a stylish upper and overall look for the runner who is a fan of fashionable running shoes, but the ascetic of these shoes does more than just look good. Strategically placed overlays on the upper wrap your feet with added support to give you a secure feeling during your runs and reduce friction and chafing.
- ACTEVA LITE midsole foam adds cushioning without adding unwanted weight.
- ABZORB Crash Pad midsole foam helps to absorb the impact of each heel strike and reduces hip and knee pain.
- This shoe adds extra comfort to each stride through the addition Ortholite Premium Insole.
- The unique color combinations and style make this an aesthetically pleasing shoe for the running fashion guru.