New Balance Fresh Foam Vongo
New Balance boasts, and many agree, that the Fresh Foam Vongo is their best lightweight stability trainer to date. This shoe is part of New Balance’s stability line up that includes the 940v3, Vazee Prism vs, and the 1260 v2, and it is the first shoe in their Fresh Foam division. This is a perfect shoe for the runner who is looking for a high quality, daily runner, from a trusted American-made brand. This shoe can provide the unique combination of added stability and comfort without adding extra weight. It still can give the runner a very flexible and responsive ride, but you will still get the protection of a solid shoe.
New Balance is known to use real data from runners in order to make adjustments and additions to their shoes to create the best running experience possible. It utilizes the “varus wedge” midsole which means that the inside of the shoe is slightly higher than the outside. This is designed specifically designed in order to correct overpronation and help reduce joint pain. This shoe offers New Balance’s signature plush yet firm cushioning that doesn’t sacrifice a high level of responsiveness on runs. The shoe is snug, yet breathable, earning this model high marks in the comfort department.
- Perfect for long-distance runs
- Great combination of comfort, support and stability
- Available in wide width
- Unique design for overpronators
- Air Mesh upper is extra breathable
- Not lightweight enough for speed and tempo workouts
- Some runners reported the Fresh Foam Vongo quickly broke down
- I am a nurse and have not found a better shoe for my sifts. They are comfortable and am able to do everything in them without fatigue or pain. I have to say these are my most comfortable and favorite shoe to date and I highly recommend them.
- I like doing tempo runs in these. They are light and supportive and comfortable to boot. They have a great firm landing and are stable without being too much. I run a lot during the week and these really hold up.
- I switched from a zero drop design and I am in heaven. These are so easy to work out in and are light on my feet. They have improved my running time and have stellar support.
- These shoes have revived me at 63 and I am running again. They are carrying me through all types of half marathons and 10k’s. I am so happy with the support and comfort thee offer my old bones.
- I read some interesting reviews on the these shoes High midsoles and a low drop heel make for a great mid strike shoe they are really cushy and have helped my overpronation. I am heavy set and quite tall and these work without flattening. I had some knee pain at first as I was getting used to the drop. It went a ways and I have never felt better. I am struggling with the tongue a bit. Doesn't seem to stay in place that well.
- These shoes have great toe space and work way better than my too narrow ASICS. They are light and cushy and leave me feeling really stable on my runs. They have a great reflective blue in them too for the night time.
- These shoes are beasts! I use them or all my activities and my bootcamp workouts. They have taken away my usual knee fatigue and joint pain as well as given me some extra support for my new hiking. They have a great arch support and toe room. The versatility is what keeps me coming back for more. I can use these as everyday shoes and they provide the equal comfort I need for light walking and errands. I recommend these to anyone looking for a do-it-all shoe.
- These actually had too much stability for my style running. They are a great shoe though. They are comfortable and light and provide a lot of support. They aren't that airy so they are good for the winter.
- These are really flexible and mild for my running style. I do not have any joint or knee pain any more after wearing these. They are super durable and carry me through my day great. I love my NB.
- I did a spontaneous run on vacation and needed a pair of shoes. I ran to the store and bought these. Way more than I was expecting. They are fantastic. They are super light and flexible and have tons of cushion. These corrected my fasciitis and I ended up buying 2 more pair wen I got home. These have a great energy return to them and I cannot get enough
- Supportive and comfortable with no break in time The size is great I did get a wide not a larger size and WOW, so nic. They are snug on my heels and yet roomy in the toes, so great. The lacing fts snug and holds the shoe in place without loosening up. The soles are thick, which is a change or me and I like it.. They have good arch support and they do not cause any pain. I am super impressed with the way NB is taking their shoes.
- These have a light stability toothem but the toes are so roomy and the heel fis great. They have helped me with my pronating and they are very light and comfortable.
- This shoe is great for speed and has epic support, exactly what I need in a shoe. These are roomy in the toes and fit to size. I am basing this off my Nike size and these are right there. They have a solid instep, which really feels great on my arches. They have foam and a 4mm drop and it feels great. These are great for overpronation. You can tell NB put some time into these.
- I am big and I over pronate, these shoes take all that in and help the process. I think the toe box is a bit narrow. These shoes do have some good support.
- I am enjoying this model. It has a lot of extra support and has protected me where other shoes have failed. They seem really durable an have no abnormal wearing.
- Not happy with the colors. But, these shoes are freaking comfy! These work well with my fasciitis and feel great on my flat wide feet. I have bought a couple pair of this model because I love them.
- My heel slips in these a bit but they are really comfortable otherwise. They seem to have a low drop. They are a bit aggressive on my flat feet.
- For these being so light, they are surprisingly stable. I use them for work and the gym and they feel great. I am hooked on NB Vongo.
- Fresh Foam are dope and super comfortable. I have several pair of this model and I never want to change. They are thick and yet really light. They support my power walking and keep me feeling light all day. They work for my CF and Zumba and I never have any fatigue or pain. Great shoe.
- I have flat pronating feet and it is hard to find a great shoe that supports and fits right. Now that I have found the Vongo, I have exercised the demons! These babies make my feet purr. They are supportive and help me really go the distance and father than I normally would in all my training and running. I used to get cramps and numbness, not with these bad boys. My feet feel amazing. I got a half size bigger and it is perfect.
- Awesome shoe and gets a lot of compliments. THey have tons of cushioning and support. I like these shoes a lot.
- I can feel the ground under my feet and I like that. They have a lot of support and have proven to work great with running and training.
- I hate heavy shoes but need a thick cushioned, supportive shoe because of my pronating, these are it! These are the best shoe I have ever worn. Thanks NB!
- Compliment catchers. I have had them for a year and they are still great kicks. They have been supportive and feel great when I run. They love the gym and smoothies after. We hang out, besties for my feet.
- They are arch support monsters. They are freaking light and fluffy, like a cloud or a pillow. I got a half a size up and they work just as good as my Brooks. They are better actually because they do not get holes in the toes. I am in love!
- I had to send these back. They were comfortable. However, they rolled too much. You can actually see the shoe sitting, it has a tilt to it. It caused to much pain.
- When I put these on I almost felt pigeon toed. My feet were tilted out. I overpronate and these made it way worse. I used my orthotics and they made no difference.
- We loved this shoe! However, after the third pair busting out in the toes, I decided it was enough and we are moving on. I love the comfort, I do not like that they fall apart so fast in the same dang spot!
- I put 20 miles in and they are done. The soles are garbage. The tread was gone under the toes.
- The seams on the toes run and created blisters. Really, very uncomfortable.
- Bootie-like construction and internal sockliner for extra support
- Low cut heel design
- Varus wedge design of the midsole alleviates hip and knee pain