New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz
New Balance has been in the business of producing comfortable, well-performing trainers for over a century, focusing on developing new technologies and designs that allow athletes to perform at their best. With a solid reputation built up around their brand, New Balance has a dedicated audience to their brand who appreciate the signature comfort and responsiveness of their shoes.
This reputation continues with the New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz, a shoe with soft cushioning and smooth heel to toe transition. Using New Balance’s premium Fresh Foam technology, which combines a synthetic midfoot saddle with a breathable mesh, this new midsole technology is a full-length foam that’s soft and responsive. Accommodating the natural stride of the runner, the Cruz is easy to slip on and off while the upper provides a secure saddle to keep the runner’s foot snugly in the shoe during a run. Overall, the Cruz offers an added layer of comfort and additional support for neutral runners with excellent breathability to keep the foot feeling dry and comfortable even after miles on the road.
The Cruz’s knitted upper gives this trainer a soft feel, and runners will find this design and style both modern and comfortable. Although the Cruz comes in all standard sizes in both men’s and women’s, it is advised to get a half a size smaller of your regular shoe size for optimal fit. Coming in a variety of fresh and vibrant color schemes, the Cruz provides a satisfying experience for both casual wear and dedicated runners alike. With efficient performance, comfortable support, and a great aesthetic, the New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz is made for neutral runners looking for responsiveness and cushioning in their running shoe. After all, if it’s from New Balance it has to be good.
- The Fresh Foam midsole is comfortable but firm
- Great fit that keeps the foot in place during a run
- Well-priced for the amount of comfort and responsiveness
- Excellent breathability in its knitted upper mesh
- Sleek design with a wide array of colors to choose from
- Efficient performance during workouts and runs
- Shoe may run slightly larger in one’s size; recommended to buy a half-size smaller
- Some have complained that the upper isn’t durable
- Amazingly comfortable, even for my wide feet, I do not get a cramp or pinching around my toes which is my usual shoe problem. Took a few days to break in these and now they are my prime running shoes. I suggest these for those with wide feet that also want a very practical and stylish running shoe.
- By far the best and most comfortable shoe that I have so far tried out and I will keep using these, they are superb. I have right leg problems and tried so many shoes to get relief from the pain and these give the relief. For me the cushion around the tendon is vital and I love the supportive and snug fir from these.
- Great light materials, awesome uppers, light and knitted, had to swop for a larger size but that's fine, the toe box is serious about plenty of space, these are fantastically comfortable, the support is great and the cushioning is faultless.
- Nice shoe to look at and very very comfortable with lots of strategic support, the heel has more cushion than the front part and this works great for running or just wearing casual all day, these are very light and gentle on the feet and a very good summer running shoe
- These work for just about anything, wear them to work, in the gym, running and they perform perfectly while being well cushioned and seriously light, not a marathon shoe but for reasonable runs, perfectly fine. Love the foam system, it’s really nice.
- I like the tongueless style it makes the shoe comfortable and problem free, my feet stay anchored and don’t slip around inside the shoe and the toe box gives great space, nice light shoe for average runs around 5 miles.
- Will give the standard cliche, it like running on air because that how they feel to me, appreciate the good width and cushioning, the breathability works well on hot days, very much a warm weather shoe and very good.
- What got me on to using these shoes are two key things, wide enough for my feet and the cushion level is nothing short of perfect, that enough for me while running, love the response and breathy uppers.
- Had to go up a full size which was a bit irritating but well worth it, the upper is knitted and gives lots of air to my feet, the cushion feels perfect even after 6 months.
- These are my running and walking shoes from now on, they are great for both, the wide shoe has sorted out a lot of problems for me, now I get a level of snugness combined with stability, the upper is a new material for me as it’s knitted and I like the flexibility and the way that keeps my feet cooler.
- Ordered a full size up and still, the fit is well off, my toes feel cramped, the shoe is tight and I just can’t get a good ride going in these even though the cushion is pretty good. Nice light shoe too but I’m not going to continue with it, too tight and too troublesome for sizing.
- The toe box is a way to tight for my toes, the shoe width is just like a small medium and I have wide feet, the heel constantly pinches, these are not running shoes for me but I guess for short walking trips they are ok.
- The soles are not good enough, uncomfortably stiff, the inserts need to be thicker and I got messed about by the sizing, nice looking shoe, nice color and good cushion but just not up to my standards.
- The ankle padding is not so comfortable and I find it distracting while I run, the toe box has a bit of pinch in it, I have not given up on the shoe, it’s now just my casual shoe but not for running
- I ordered my size, wow, too small, too narrow, crampy toebox, the heel is much too high which I feel makes the shoe uncomfortable and unbalanced and actually painful while wearing it. The shoe itself looks very good but that's as far as it goes for me, certainly, I can’t run in these.
- Knitted one-piece upper is easy to slip into and secures the foot nicely after lace-up
- A running shoe that has a casual look
- Highly breathable to keep the foot cool and dry during a run
- A very responsive trainer thanks to its excellent midsole and outsole construction
With its proprietary Fresh Foam midsole that runs heel to toe, New Balance smartly distributed this tech so that the heel is more cushioned than the forefoot, both to protect the heel during heel strike and to allow the forefoot more responsiveness during a run. This midsole also provides the runner with a highly comfortable midsole that’s plush but never detracts from performance. With a one-piece upper that does away with a traditional tongue, runners can slip into a pair like a loafer and then attain a snug fit after lace-up. This stylish trainer comes in a nice variety of colors to match the runner’s preference, and its overall muted colors and design will find fans in both runners and those looking for an active everyday shoe.
For fans of New Balance’s excellent line of shoes and knowing of their reputation in the running world, the Cruz is yet another solid product from the company. Comfortable and casual but still built to perform on the streets for long runs, for those looking for a new trainer that will look nice when worn out to the store or hanging around the house but are able in a moment’s notice to perform on a long run, the New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz may be your new favorite sneaker, both on the road or just around the block.