Salomon Speedcross 4 CS
The Salomon Speedcross 4 CS is a trail running shoe that is designed for some of the toughest terrains. It is designed with Salomon’s latest technologies to ensure that the runner is protected and comfortable during their long, grueling runs and hikes. The key changes from the previous model can be found in the outsole. Salomon added a more durable lug system for added traction. The outsole now provides superior protection against the slippery condition, unpacked trail, and even steep up and downhill runs. Runners will be relieved to know that the upper is primary the same as the previous model. This upper is breathable and comfortable and protects against the debris and elements of the trail. Runners love that this shoe comes in multiple brightly color options. Although the price is a bit higher than some runners would like, the overall durability is very high so the value of this shoe is completely worth the price tag.
- Lots of technology features
- High traction capabilities
- Comfortable, water-resistant upper
- Lots of color options
- High in price
- Not suitable for road running
- Easily the best running shoes I've had so far, the memory foam is perfect, the cushion in these works great, really waterproof in the wet, fantastic tractions, very stable, I run trails and do hiking in these, a fine shoe, you wont go wrong with these.
- At first felt a bit tight but not for long,the fit now is perfect for my feet, amazing traction on the trails, love the memory foam it does work, the shoe is incredibly light and the lugs give a grip beyond describing. Fantastic shoe, very light and seriously durable.
- I found these run well in every condition, for muddy water they are the best, the grip is stunning, the stability is super, the cushioning is specialist, it shaped to my feet perfectly, these are real trails shoes and nothing else matches them, I have to say, 5 stars, more if possible.
- Great lace lock and it works, use these regularly for really challenging trails because they are dependable, comfortable, light and the traction/grip is unbeatable.
- I find these great for competition running on trails because the shoe is very dependable, whatever the weather comes up with these will perform. The weight is so light you barely notice these but the shoe is mega tough.
- I just love how light but durable these are, downhill running is nice, the toebox design stops the toes knocking or rubbing, very waterproof but in deep water they do let in water and drain very slowly. Good fit, very comfy and amazing cushion.
- I wanted trail shoes and thats what I got with these, they are simply everything I needed, the design, the shoe tech are perfect. 5 Stars.
- Had to figure out the sizing but it was worthwhile, they support the feet perfectly, the grip is good on just about every type of mud or soil surface. The heel area holds fast in a good supportive style, will be staying with these shoes for sure.
- These are the lightest shoes that I have tried, run trails on weekends in all seasons and thats why I chose these, the memory foam does the job, the traction is great on all surfaces no matter what time of the year. These are trail runners in every sense, I love them and I don’t mind paying more for these.
- I hike in these, canyons, mountains, everywhere and these shoes have amazed me, I know they are not hiking boots but I think they are better, so light but sturdy, rugged grip on all types of surfaces, my feet does get a little warm due to the gortex, but not too uncomfortable. Great lace lock system, it works fine.
- The best support I ever had, the traction is good for any surfaces which are natural not concrete. The cushion is great and it does not flatten over time, the shoe is amazing, I highly recommend these for trails, they work in all weathers.
- The fit has changed too much from the previous model, less heel cushion, narrower, zilch arch support, these shoes are getting worse over the years. But, still expensive.
- These made my arches ache like mad, where did the support go?
- No matter how I tried, I could not get my heels comfortable and cushioned in the heels of these, this meant a lot of footache each time I ran in these.
- My heels keep slipping up in these, I think the shoe structure is too stiff and the shoe is not flexible enough. Not comfortable.
- Disappointed, these just ran so narrow for me, the shoe is really nice but I just cant find a pair wide enough, these have become narrow since they updated this line.
- IMEVA midsole foam provides added cushioning and responsiveness
- Sensifit technology gives a snug, supportive fit throughout the entire shoe.
- Mud guard system helps shake off excessive mug to keep the lugs extra grippy on the trail
- Anti debris mesh of the upper keeps harmful debris from entering the shoe
- ClimaShield Membrane along the upper provides a breathable protection against water entering the shoe.
- Ortholite sock liner adds cushioning and helps keep the foot dry and free from odor and bacteria