Salomon X-Scream 3D
Innovative 3D Fit, 3D Grip, and 3D Ride technology make the Salomon X-Scream 3D one of the agilest shoes in the Salomon lineup.
Salomon is well known in the trail and mountain running scene. More recently, they’ve been working to enter the hybrid shoe game to offer athletes shoes that perform well under various conditions.
Salomon has infused their expertise on trail and mountain running into a shoe made for road running called the Salomon X-Scream 3D. The shoe provides excellent traction and is perfect for exploring the urban jungle. The shoe is also perfectly suited to transition from road to trail. It’s a good option for the new trail runner who trains on pavement and off-road.
Salomon is certainly staying true to their motto of ‘Freedom, Action, Sports’. Their shoes are made for adventurers, however, novice they may be.
- Quick lace system makes putting on and taking off the shoe a breeze
- The outsole provides excellent grip even when faced with wet or muddy surfaces
- Available in several attractive hues
- Some reviewers found the shoe was a bit too narrow
Some reviewers did find that the shoe was not true to size. There were some concerns that the shoe ran a half size smaller than they were used to. But the majority of reviewers complained that the shoe was much too large. Make sure to get fitted to allow for maximum comfort.
Some reviewers were very pleased with the efficient toe-off. They praised the shoe's bouncy, responsive ride. A minority of runners found the ride in the Salomon X-Scream 3D was nothing special, citing a lack of ground feel.
• CONTAGRIP outsole
• QuickLace System features a convenient lace pocket
• Sensifit construction provides a secure fit
• Sensiflex ensures the upper can accommodate swelling
• Muscle foam midsole provides ample cushioning
Some reviewers did find that the shoe was a bit heavier than what they were used to and quite a few commented on the sizing issues with the X-Scream 3D.