Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX
The GTX is the waterproof version of the long-awaited addition to the Salomon Speedcross 4 line. Salomon is a well-established company that has manufactured the quality gear that meets the needs of a variety of outdoor sports such as skiing, snowboarding, hiking, and in this case, trail running. They also manufacture other gear for trail running, such as specialized clothing, hydration packs, etc. This model is a really great choice for rugged outdoor adventure running. Its design allows you to tackle the toughest of terrains while staying light and nimble. The combination of its durable design and the Gore-Tex upper make this shoe perfect for wet muddy conditions or colder snowy climates.
- The lacing system provides a secure fit
- The durable upper is made with a breathable yet protective mesh.
- This shoe works well for runners new or experienced runners and those who are looking to tackle an ultra marathon.
- The dual density midsole cushions your run and provides some stability and flexible
- Gore-Tex keeps feet dry in wet conditions
- Some people might find the toe box a little constricting.
- Some people complained about the large lugs breaking off or wearing prematurely.
- I was able to get thee dirty right out of the box with no issues. I used these on an obstacle course, through the mud and grime and had no issues. They have epic traction and the size is perfect. These shoes are top of the line, I cannot recommend them enough.
- These shoes are an all terrain god! They have super traction and are for anyone who is really active outside. They also work great for those who likes to run on there hikes. I cannot say enough good things about this shoe.
- I walk daily for 10+ hours and these have never disappointed. I have had over 7 pairs of these shoes and I have never had any pain. They are over the moon comfortable and I highly recommend them.
- These shoes are actually waterproof. I wore these for my Tough Mudder and was pleasantly surprised. I love the foot bed support and they look like awesome rugged cleats. I love running the trails in these too.
- They have a great traction to them on slick, wet and icy surfaces and they are very waterproof. They seem a bit bigger than the previous models ad the material is a bit harder but I really like them.
- I was able to take these on my trail run with ease. They have little to no break in time and they traction is amazing with all the elevation changes I had. These are just a great dang shoe.
- I have been using these for my snowy hikes and have done over 60 miles in the snow. These have not failed once. I use these with gaiters when I am on the snowy trails and they do not allow any water in and my feet stay super dry and warm. They have also really impressed in comfort and design. These are by far my favorite hiking and trail shoes.
- I run with my dogs in these through the trails. These are super comfortable and take a lot of beating. I like the lacing system. It is almost not necessary. Just a perfect shoe all together.
- I needed something more sneakery for my landscaping job and these have given me what I was looking for without losing the durability and ruggedness that I need for being in the drt and grass all day. Jhey also keep my feet nice and cozy and comfortable. These also keep my feet dry , which is a huge plus. I highly recommend these shoes to any type of outdoorsy folks.
- These shoes are the top of the line trailer. I mean, seriously, they fail in no area. They are rugged and comfortable. They have a great flexibility and the traction is out of the world. These are by far the best trail shoes I have ever purchased. I am on my second pair and will be sticking to these until they change.
- I bought these for the snow and ice that i anticipated on my mountain trails. I also wanted to test them before my Spartan race. These shoes have hands down the best traction ever. They kept my feet super dry and warm with no blisters or slippage. I am looking to buy a second pair for color options. I absolutely love these shoes.
- These look great as well as feel great. These are an upgrade from the last model for sure. The tread on these is way better and the insides are super durable for those long hard trails. They are covered in gore tex, which kept my feet dry as I trained through the slush and snow. I recommend these to anyone who trails.
- These run a bit narrow so I suggest a size larger if you have a wide toe box. These work with my really deep arches and keep me pain free from my Neuroma. They have really worked with my bone spurs too. I have issues with my feet obviously but love to hike and runa and these are magic for me. Thee are really comfortable shoes.
- I like to do obstacles and thee are the best shoes on the market. They stay dry and have a lot of comfort. They fit perfect too, true to size.
- I would not recommend these for anything but the trails. They have a real cleats likeness to them and can possibly do some damage to other surfaces. I did have to go a size up on these but they are a great fit and super comfortable. If you have a chance to try them on before you buy them, do it.
- These shoes are great for what they are made for, trailing. I do recommend going a size up, they are a it tight in the toes.
- These really make my trail experiences much more enjoyable. They keep my feet warm and dry and I love the quick lace system. I am able to do all sorts of activities in these without any pain. Great shoe Salomon keep it up.
- These shoes get me all sorts of compliments. They have a super grip to them and they keep my feet toasty warm and dry.
- I love the style and look of these and the tracton, WOAH! These can hold up to just about anything trail.
- I really like thee shoes. However, they are not as great in the heel as the older models and the toe box seems to be a bit more narrow than I am used to from Salomon.
- I was able to get on the trail with these without any awkward break in time. They are really light for a trail shoe and it seems the more I wear them the more comfy they get.
- I suggest really following the chart on thee. They aren't the size I normally wear but they chart seems to really know the correctness of these shoes. They are great and really rock on the trails.
- I went on a 3 day hike in the mud and rain and these did not fail me. WHen it dried a bit I had do work some of it off but that I expected. The tread and traction are top of the line and I would never purchase another shoe for my trails. Salomon is the top of the line in trail shoes!
- Do not try these on a normal paved road. They were not made for that and were horribly uncomfortable. Now, for trail use. THese are the best shoes ever! They grip great and have a good impact absorption to them. They kept my feet really dry. They have a great cleat like style to them and they kept me comfortable too. I hate the lacing and they are a bit stiff.
- No matter what I did with these shoes, I could not get my heel to set in pace. It was sliding all over the place and was really not comfortable. I wanted to like these shoes but that inside material is just too slick for me, which I find annoying for how much they cost.
- The heel of these was flat, which made my foot come out often. The shoe was way narrow sand the lacing was just awkward. I returned them.
- These shoes feel like they are carved out of wod. For some people this rugged and tough feel may be god but I cannot handle it. The arches are made of plastic as well as the heel and my feet slid around. They have a very small toe box, surprisingly and I just cannot get these to feel comfortable. They have low stability and I feel with more wear that I will be getting an injury. I am not pleased with the construction at all, very disappointed.
- My older versions of these were epic. Now, these, not so much. These do not even compare in durability, they are already falling apart with minimal use. I am very disappointed, they are a definite downgrade.
- I have to say these are the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I have ever bought. They are hard as a brick and have to flex to them. They kill my feet with very minimal wear. I really wanted to like these, I am sad they are such a horrible shoe.
- The soles on these wore out way too fast. My other pair lasted forever, it seemed. These wore down to the point of not being able to wear them after only 2 months. That is ridiculous for the price and really unacceptable.
Like the previous version, the 4 GTX features large rubber lugs throughout the outsole that provides good grip on soft terrain. However, the lugs in this version are a bit smaller but more frequent as a way to help with grip and durability. These lugs also help to absorb shock, so there can be less midsole material and thus, an overall lighter weight shoe. One of the things I like most about the outsole design of this model is the way it appears to seamlessly attach to the upper making for a secure, snug fit.
Their quick lace setup allows an easily adjustable fit that can easily and quickly be changed. The mesh upper is resistant to debris and is also quite breathable, being made with Gore-Tex material. The synthetic overlays are sparingly placed to maintain breathability but also give the shoe a secure fit and provide extra durability. The Speedcross 4 GTX has a lining which consists of a material that effectively wicks away a decent amount of moisture and is actually quite soft. The shoe's Ortholite insole is equally comfortable, and also has odor resistant properties which help even more to keep them from stinking, even after those longer hotter runs.
• Sensifit technology
• Toe cap for added protection
• Moisture-wicking nylon lining
• Removable Ortholite insole
• Dual-density EVA midsole
• Contagrip rubber outsole
• Gore-Tex upper