Adidas Energy Boost
The Adidas Energy Boost is a neutral road running shoe. It was designed to return the wearers’ energy back to them, to give a smooth ride, and to provide a snug but flexible fit. The Boost cushioning is very responsive, providing great energy return. It also has a soft and unique feel and is able to maintain the same level of cushioning even in high or low temperatures. The flexible rubber outsole has a grid-like pattern in order to smooth transitions and adapt to each wearer’s strike pattern. The Torsion System is located between the heel and forefoot and stabilizes the ride. The TPU cage connects the heel and midfoot in order to provide a great fit. Fitcounter goes around the heel to add stability and to allow the Achilles to move optimally. Techfit provides a natural fit with flexibility and support, and a socklike, seamless feel. The 4-way stretch mesh adds breathability and flexibility to the shoe, allowing air to flow into the shoe and the foot to move freely. If you are looking for a shoe to help you maintain your energy level during speed training or long distance runs, continue reading to see if the Energy Boost is right for you.
- Excellent energy return
- Smooth heel-to-toe transitions
- Great cushioning in both the heel and forefoot
- Lightweight, flexible and breathable
- Midsole foams are not as affected by temperature variations as other shoes
- Comfortable fit for medium to narrow feet
- Fit is tight for runners with wide feet
- A few reviewers felt that the shoes looked better in photos than in person
- Slightly expensive
- A few testers noted that the arch is not as supported as some other shoes
- This is a great shoe. I does run a bit large. The arch support and sole are strong, firm yet cushioned for comfort. I wear them all day and have no foot pain, happy feet.
- These an the ultras are dream shoes. They are so comfortable and carry me through my super fast paced, mixed terrain work day. I own every Ultra and Boost ever made, that is how much I love these shoes. It cured my plantar fasciitis, these shoes have saved my life pretty much.
- These shoes have kept me pain free since I started wearing them. I love these shoes. I wear them to work where I walk at leas miles a day and then for my recreational sports. I cannot get enough.
- These really worked for my pronation and the arch support is phenomenal. These did run a little large so I had to switch them for a half size smaller and they fit great.
- Two things, the laces are not that sturdy and the shoe isn't that cool. However, The upper mesh material is so nice and the cushioning is great in this shoe. I love the colors too. I am really happy with this shoe.
- These hug my feet in all the right spots and give my ankle ample support. The arch support is stellar and the ball of my foot really sets in and is comfortable. The toe box is great and doesn't squish. Great shoe Adidas.
- I averaged about 10 miles a day in these right out of the box and they didn't hurt at all. They are top in design and comfort for me. I am looking to by another pair for working out. I love them.
- I do wish the shoe was a bit wider but it has great flexibility, is light and really comfortable over all.
- I am now an Adidas fan because of these shoes. The laces make for a snug fit and the cushion is like a pillow. I love running in these.
- I love how these have great room in the toe while feeling snug in the ankle and heels. These are my work out shoe because they are super loud. But, I think they are the best.
- I was surprised at how well these shoes respond to my running. They have a great cushion to them and are very supportive. I'm sure I will buy them again.
- These shoes were very sock like. They have really held me up during my runs, like running on two pillows. I have to say that they tire rubber does feel like it is going to really hold up to some running. I thought it was gimmicky but I think they are onto something.
- These shoes really work with my over pronation and I feel like I am wearing a really great support sock when I wear these. I did change the insoles on these to therapeutic ones though.
- I am loving the ankle and heel support, it is nice and snug. It also has a great width in the toe box, keeping me balanced. I am not to fanatic about the colors but that doesn't downgrade the comfort. These shoes are great. The shoe fits snug but breaks in great. THe toe box doesn't crush and they keep my feet feeling great with my 10+hour work days. I really recommend these shoes to anyone in the health field that are on their feet all day.
- The shoe fits snug but breaks in great. THe toe box doesn't crush and they keep my feet feeling great with my 10+hour work days. I really recommend these shoes to anyone in the health field that are on their feet all day.
- These shoes are so cushy on the inside without being too much. They are sturdy and light and have a great bounce to them when I run. I am not disappointed at all. I love them.
- These shoes are over the top in flexibility. My feet feel so good in them. The toe box i such an upgrade from the ole toe crunchers I am used to. Thank you Adidas.
- These are way better fitting than my Ultra boost. I am a huge fan of Adidas in general but these are great. They have widened the toe box without losing integrity in the back of the shoe. It is stable and cozy and the material seems better. Great shoe! I highly recommend getting these if you’re looking.
- This shoe has great grip, which makes it good for many different types of activities. It has superb comfort ad is really stable yet light. Perfect running shoe in my opinion.
- I think these shoes were sent from heaven THey are magical. They reign supreme in comfort and support. They are very light and I just can't get enough of the,.
- I tend to have really long gym sessions and these have proven to hold up to the beating. They fit like a glove or a sock ad they are so comfortable that I sometimes check t see If they are on.
- These are not the most breathable shoes but they sure are comfortable. I am not sure how they would react for really long runs because the cushion in lacking but they are a nice shoe.
- I spend a lot of time on the track and field and these are a dream. They fit snug but have great te space. The boost and the cushion are perfect and they are so comfy!
- Awesome price for such a great shoe. They are some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and the heel is super supportive. They have a great style and color scheme too.
- I love how the cage braces the foot ad gives that little extra support when I am running. The mesh material is super dope and It is super flexible. I love these shoes and how comfortable they are.
- I was very upset about these. The sizing is way off. They were way too big. I have been wearing the same shoe size forever.
- These are comfortable and light and have great support. However, The plastic on the cages digs into the sides of my feet. They also make this horrendous squeaking noise, even on my carpet. I really was hoping these worked I actually liked them, the plastic was just too much.
- I was so mad that these were way too big. I have always purchased Adidas and these were way off the mark.
- These shoes felt like they were melting my feet they got so hot. Also, They started coming apart after the 2nd wear and I couldn't keep my heels in. I couldn't wear these to the gym if I wanted to.
- I most definitely prefer the Energy Boost. The plastic on these is just way too much and hurts.
- I ended up returning these. They made a weird squeaky sound that I just could not handle. I gave them a couple days but they just were too much.
- I cannot believe that less than a month r wear the outer sole is almost worn completely out and is almost to the inside of the shoe. This shoe is far inferior than my expectations.
- Boost responsive cushioning provides great energy return
- Torsion System stabilizes the ride by connecting the heel and forefoot
- TPU cage provides a great fit in the midfoot
- Fitcounter fits around the heel and allows the Achilles to move optimally
- Techfit upper provides a socklike, seamless fit as well as support
- 4-way engineered stretch mesh in upper is both breathable and flexible
- Flexible rubber outsole
- Grid like outsole pattern provides smooth transitions
- Designed for neutral runners
- 10mm drop