Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14
Referred to as your “go to shoe,” (that’s literally what GTS stands for) Brooks continues doing what it does best by producing a stability trainer that is loaded with innovative technology. Since the last version, the GTS 13, the 14th edition has seen a few minor upgrades. But overall, the main concepts of the “go-to-shoe” remain intact.
With a medium height arch support, the GTS 14 is a good fit for runners with moderate to heavy overpronation. It addresses many of the imperfect running deficiencies in a runner’s stride through specific components such as TPU shanks located on the medial side that help to support and stabilize a runner’s foot. Every area of the shoe has been designed with the intent of maintaining as much uniformity as possible so that the end result is a shoe that keeps you fully supported and protected while delivering optimal levels of comfort.
- Ideal combination of cushioning, support, and balance
- Upper construction using 3D Fit Print
- Air mesh material dries very quick
- Adapts very well to heavy over-pronators
- Good traction on the outsole
- DNA midsole supplies adaptive levels of cushioning
- Offers plenty of protection
- A high heel to drop offset
- Limited styles and availability
- So, I love these shoes so much I ordered them again. They have great support and I use them for marathons. Problem though, these are falling apart very soon. They started to fray.
- I have very narrow feet and have a pronation issue. When I wear these it is non existent. I love these shoes.
- I have big, wide feet and these are great. I now how hard it can be for us EE people with long feet to find shoes. These Brooks are the answer to this issue.
- I am able to run in these and then relax in them. They are very durable and even more comfortable I run over 10 miles a week and they have never been an issue. I got a rip when they were fairly new and Brooks swapped them out no issue. Love this company. I really cannot find much issue with the shoe. I will continue to buy these from now on.
- These aren't as supportive as the older model. However, they are way better than any other brand shoe out there. I got well over 700 miles off my old ones and they cannot be beat in comfort.
- I used to not be able to even run 2 miles without blisters. Now that I have been fitted and found these shoes, I am no longer suffering. These fit my wide flat feet like a glove. I am so happy with these shoes I went from 3K’s to marathons.
- I love the beast model of Brooks. But, I needed a lighter shoe. I am a large runner and suffer from wide flat feet and these shoes are great for me. These really fit true to size as well, which is nice.
- I have never had a problem buying shoes from Brooks that didn't fit. These are great for my pronation and priced well for the product.
- These shoes have a built in pronation adjustment, magical. I am not sure how they will work for other people but they are rocking my socks. These are very supportive for my back problems too. They virtually take all the pain away.
- These fit just like I ordered them too. The support is unbelievably and they are super comfy. I will never cheat on Brooks, they are the love of my feet!
- I have to stretch every morning before I can even walk due to my achilles tightening at night. When I put on these shoes, I have instant relief. The arch support is great on these and they have great cushioning as well. I am a huge fan of Brooks and highly recommend them to anyone with issues.
- I am so happy that these shoes do not cause blisters. It fits perfect and has awesome support. I don't need to try another shoe again.
- I am a heavier runner and these shoes have worked fabulously. I really have bad pain in my heels daily but when I put these on, gone.
- I wore thee for all my Iron Man challenges and they have never failed me. They have the best support of any shoe this 250 lb man has ever owned.
- These are not trail shoes so I use them for my everyday runners. I am blown away with the cushion and arch support. I have ran a marathon in them and added another 300 and they are still going strong.
- The 15's feel better than these, they are an upgrade. However, these outlast any shoe I have ever tried. I also feel that these shoes are a better choice for those that like to wear their gym shoes out. They are pretty stylish, more so than the newer model.
- The construction of this shoe is like no other. It is extremely durable and is just a great all over shoe.
- I love the style of these shoes. They fit like they are supposed to, which is hard to find in runners and trainers I have found. I am in love with the support too.
- This shoe is everything you need in a runner and doesn't destroy your feet. However, beware because your feet will destroy them. My toe popped through the fabric way before the sole even started to make any moves.
- I really like these shoes. They are light, flexible, and comfortable. The traction is good and they make for a smooth run.
- I got a size larger due to my horrible bunions, these were great. The mesh material adds no pressure to my messed up bulgy feet. The cushioning is beautiful and the sole last forever.
- I would only use these as runners. I have tried to do all my training in these and not possible. They are horrible at laterals. They do not cause any runner pain though and I really recommend them for running.
- I switched these for a bit to another shoe. I switched right back. The adrenaline is the shoe for the world! It is super cozy, supportive and has arch support that dreams are made of. They also have a good style to them. Great shoe and fit, I am pleased.
- I am excited about the stability of this shoe. I was able to run a marathon in these and I am a bg goofy clumsy guy who like to roll his ankles all the time. The motion control is epic and they fit perfect to size.
- I have never had an issue with Brooks sizing. It is perfect every time. I will never witch. The comfort is incomparable and they are very stable. Great running shoes. The fit is just right and extremely comfortable. This is my third pair and I love them.
- I used these for a month and have never had as much pain in my toes than I have with these. I was able to return them but these shoes are just awful.
- I loved the older models and felt secure in purchasing these. I feel they downgraded. My feet are killing me. I seriously own all the other models. I will be switching to a different brand.
- I am not feeling these at all. So much pain and I have flat feet, which these are said to really help with. Nope.
- I wore these once and got an injury. THey are not anything like the other 12 and 13s. I will not be buying another air for sure. They have limited support, less cushion and no arch support.
- These do not breath like the older models and they are a lot heavier. I was really wanting these to work since the 12 were so dang good.
- These have a lot of hot spots. I have blisters all over my feet. What the heck? I thought these were known for there cushioning. I was bamboozled. And, they are hideous.
A notable feature on this shoes are the lugs located from the midfoot through the forefoot. The lugs help with protecting the sole unit and provide traction, especially over rougher terrain. Omega Flex Grooves run through the center of the shoe and provide more efficiency during heel to toe transitions. In addition, the grooves also add flexibility to the outsole.
The midsole also features Crash Pad technology which is a collection of shock absorbers located on the medial side. They work against sideways deviations that come as a result of overpronation, making transitional footwork more safe and efficient. The thermoplastic shanks also perform a similar function.
And known as an environmentally conscientious brand, Brooks makes use of their renowned BioMoGo construction which incorporates biodegradable material that the company claims is 50 times more biodegradable than standard EVA.
• Omega Flex Grooves for a more efficient heel to toe transitions
• Stable Pod Configuration for stability
• Air mesh upper
• No-stitch synthetic overlays
• Caterpillar Crash Pad technology for lateral support and protection
• Biodegradable midsole construction
• Diagonal Roll Bar feature
The GTS 14 certainly has limitations when it comes to its size, weight, and high drop ratio. It might not be the “go to shoe” for the neutral runner who doesn’t require so much “stuff”. But this is not the type of runner for who this shoe was developed for. The GTS 14 is intended for the individual who requires additional help in the form of added protection, support, and comfort. If this happens to be you then a shoe like the GTS 14 should be able to provide plenty of satisfaction.