Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is the number one best selling shoe on the Brooks line. This shoe has gone through 18 iterations, and each one keeps getting better than the next. The key updates in the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 include a better upper that includes more breathability and adaptable stretch. They go great with a pair of Rockay socks!
The secret to the success of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is that it is able to combine cushioning and support with a sleek and stylish design aesthetic. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 provides runners with running assistance and an effortless transition from running to fashion shoes. The shoes are all about hidden comfort and no show.
The Brooks Adrenaline offers 20 different styling options, ranging from subdued to bright and vibrant. Not only is does the shoe look great, but the Adrenaline GTS 18 also improves the runner’s overall health. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is reasonably priced and comes in right at the average price point of a high quality running shoe on today’s market.
Cushioned and supportive
20 different color and style options
Number 1 best seller in the Brooks line
Not suitable for runners looking for a minimalist feel
- Heel support is the best, a marked improvment on the previous shoe. I have found that my previous issues with lack of heel support are righted by these shoes.
- Best running sneakers I've owned, the cushioning is exactly right for me. I'm happy with the upgrade and thanks for the new upper, its got better breathability.
- Fit perfect and feels great, the shoe gives nice stability even on tough surfaces. I'm a bit flat footed and this shoe sure gives me stability.
- For me I find the arch support is set at a level which really works well for me compared to the previous shoe.
- This upgrade is the most comfortable running shoe, for local jogging, I don't like too much cushion.
- I had problems with arch support being to high so I tried this shoe and it takes the pain out of running.
- Compared to the previous shoe this is now a superior fit and very very comfortable.
- When I put on these shoes they fit like a glove, I love the feeling of stability from the new style uppers.
- Best Adrenaline I ever ran with, nice firm sole with a comfortable amount of flexibility.
- Awesome price, the shoe gets upgraded and I like the new uppers and the level of breathability.
- I looked for a shoe with solid stability and great cushioning, the stability is there and the cushioning works really nicely for me.
- It feels like a neutral running shoe with extra support, now I have tried this shoe I have even noticed some of the footaches I used to get are now gone.
- I have long toes and for me their is lots of toe room for wide feet as my feet are also wide, these are a good result, happy I tried them.
- Amazingly light, I expected a change when these were upgraded but the lightness came as a much appreciated surprise.
- The shoe structure and the upper gives great support and I like the new style, I wear these for both running and socially.
- Two nice surpises, 5 stars for fit, these shoes fit my wide feet perfectly , 4 stars for softness, the level of cushion for me seems much better than in previous version. These are a very comfortable ride.
- I like the outsole it seems to be a mix of hard foam with plastic, great feeling of stability.
- Nice new choice of colors, very snazzy and stylish, and the upper feels like my feet are kept cooler.
- My first run in these were a pleasure, they were light and springy and a lot more comfortable than I expected.
- I do a lot of local road running and this shoe can absorb the shocks nicely, been trying different shoes and I finally found one that works the way I like, less shock and lots of comfort.
- My son is flat-footed and has struggled a lot to get the right shoe, this shjoe FITs him perfectly though he had to size up and no problems for him when running.
- For me this is a super great mild pronation shoe, the cushion works really great, the upper gives a good feeling for stability and I love the sole, its gor grip
- realy good on hard surfaces, I had issues with previous shoesbut the sole and cushion in these shoe sorted out my problems, really delighted.
- I couldn’t get over the 12mm drop, I love this brand but this change is too dramatic for me, I'm not sure what this will do to my feet.
- I ran for 5 months and I found the sole wears out fast. I run about 4 miles during the week each day, I'm thinking the sole could be better.
- When I first ran in these they felt really unsupportive but I like the shoe so I added orthotics for more arch support. It worked out.
- Black toe/his toe hit the top in toebox, what happened to the toe space in this shoe it has never been a problem for my husband before.
- Ok I do run a lot but the heel seems to be wearing down and losing support for the rest of the shoe.
- I have narrow feet and I found that the shoe folds into foot and the upper is showing signs of wrinkles.
- I was surprised because I always use Brooks, the changes in this shoe has made it feel sloppy & too much slack, I'm going back to the previous version.
- really frustrated, I ordered these in my size and they felt too tight and small, I had to send the shoes back and get a half size bigger, thats not convenient.
- Maybe it's me but I blame the shoes, when I run it feels like the heel comes down way to early and scuffs the road and slows me down.
- After three months a hole formed in the toe box, I love Brooks shoes and I really expected more durable life than this in the shoe. The rest of the shoe is fine but the hole gets bigger and bigger, tougher material please Brooks.
- I think the upper mesh looks cheap compared to the previous shoe why is this change needed the upper looked great before.
- So the shoe feels lighter but it feels like the arch support has gone and when I run the shoe has too much of a springy feeling.
The outsole of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 features an integrated crash pad. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18's crash pad features a beveled edge that not only creates a cool, stylish look, it is also great for any and all gait cycles. It creates a seamless gait cycle, from heel to toe, hidden comfort no show. The various flex grooves worked into the durable rubberized outsole of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 create a more fluid, flexible ride for runners.
Runners described the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 as plush, but firm enough to provide the perfect amount of cushioning, especially to those who need additional arch support. Along the sides of the midsole, runners can find Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 progressive diagonal rollbar.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18's midsole design helps to provide runners with proper alignment and added comfort. This added support in the midsole helps keep the foot straight, making it a good choice for activities that require lateral movements like Zumba or other dance based classes.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18's upper is constructed with a breathable mesh. The design of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 uses an asymmetrical 3D fit Print that is secured with a TPU saddle to add extra support and stability. This provides a unique, stylish fit that is also functional too. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 design locks down the heel and eliminates the risk of blisters and hot spots from unwanted movement.
The women’s size nine is going to weigh 9 ounces while the men’s size nine is 10 ounces. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is by no means a heavy shoe, but runners who are looking for a true minimalist shoe will not find it in the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18.
The sides, as well as the top of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18, are covered in large ventilation holes. This material of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is also quick drying.
This will help to ensure that runners can avoid pain and injury as much as possible. The supportive elements designed for the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 help to keep the foot locked in place, reducing the likelihood of friction that can lead to blisters. Another important factor to consider wearing proper socks while wearing these shoes. A pair we would recommend is the Rockay socks.
Runners reported that the high level of cushioning in the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 makes it a great option for longer, slower runs as well as any activity that requires dynamic movement, like Zumba. Many also commented that this shoe is a good choice for folks who spend long hours on their feet each day.
Runners can now choose between 20 different color and styling options with the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18. They range from sleek and basic like an all black and grey model to something funkier and fashion-forward like deep maroon.
Additionally, the outsole of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is also designed to withstand high mileage and even though the price is average for a high quality running shoe, runners reported that the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 needed to be replaced much less frequently than some similar shoes on the market.
The upper of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 also features a TPU saddle. This saddle is designed to hold the foot in place and provide more support and security through the midfoot. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18's saddle locks the foot in place, eliminating unwanted friction that can lead to painful blisters and hot spots.
Finally, the BioMoGo midsole foam is designed to absorb harmful shock in each footfall, reducing the risk of pain and injury to the joints when wearing the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18.
Although the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 has a thicker, plushier cushioning in the midsole, runners reported that it was still able to respond quickly and effectively to changes in movement and pace.
It works to lock the heel into place so that runners do not need to worry about their foot slipping or sliding around inside of the shoe. The outsole of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 has an integrated crash pad. This detail comes with beveled edges that support a seamless gait cycle for all runners.
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is also suggested for runners who have high arches and may need additional arch support to keep them comfortable and free from injury.
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is best suited for more urban activities, indoor activities, and track workouts. The TPU saddle keeps the foot from moving too far in one direction or the other, making the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 a great choice for activities that include a good deal of dynamic, lateral movement like different dance/workout classes.
While the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is not priced for the runner on a tight budget, it certainly isn’t considered a luxury item. Plus, runners reported that the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 holds up well against extensive mileage and needs to be replaced much less frequently than similar shoes.
In addition to the multiple flex groove, the underfoot is sectioned off and covered in a small, square rubberized material that provides space for water to run around the shoe so that runners don’t slip. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 also does an excellent job of gripping onto slippery terrain as well.
Runners described it almost like a sock. The outsole of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 comes equipped with various flex grooves that promote a natural gait cycle from toe-off to heel strike.
With that being said, there are supports built into the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 that would help a runner with a slight overpronation. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is designed to protect the runner by correctly aligning their entire body during the run. This helps to reduce the risk of injury and pain caused by misalignment during activity.
Runners who are used to running in an average heel drop shoe may need a short amount of time to adapt to the higher heel drop. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is suggested for runners with higher arches who may need more support. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is not suggested for runners who are looking for a barefoot running experience.
- Engineered mesh upper for added breathability
- Progressive Diagonal Rollbar promotes proper body alignment
- 20 different style and color options
- 12-millimeter drop
- BioMoGo midsole foam adapts to the foot and provides added cushioning
- Asymmetrical 3D fit Print along with the upper
- TPU saddle along the midfoot lock foot in place
- Integrated Crash Pad absorbs shock and reduces pain and the risk of injury
- Flex grooves along with the outsole
Due to the adaptive midsole foam of the BioMoGo design, runners found that the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 conformed to the unique shape of their foot, providing excellent support that didn’t lose its shape even after high mileage. The updates to the newest Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 include a resigned upper that is more sleek and stylish.
Runners can find the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 in 20 different color and styling options that will appeal to all aesthetics. Even though the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 is durable and made with the newest technologies, it is reasonably priced, coming in right around the average running shoe on today’s market.
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 shoe does feature a high heel drop, so it is not suggested for runners who are looking for a minimalist or zero drops running experience.