Inov-8 Roclite 290
The Inov-8 Roclite 290 is a high-performance trail shoe meant for runners with neutral foot-pronation. This model of the Roclite family is lightweight, flexible and has a very nice visual appeal due to the sleek design of the upper. A POWERFLOW midsole brings response and cushioning to the bottom of the foot but keeps the overall weight low, while Inov-8’s second generation Meta-Shank rock plate acts as a shield against uneven, rocky surfaces. Three different rubber compounds referred to by Inov-8 as Tri-C compound, work in unison to protect the underfoot and midsole from repeated impact and aggressive trail objects such as branches and rocks. The pattern of cleats that are raised from the outsole provides the shoe with excellent grip on wet and muddy surfaces as well as the ability to prevent itself from picking up mud and other debris that may stick to the bottom of other shoes. Overall, this shoe has many of the same great characteristics of older models such as the Roclite 295 and the 282 GTX, but is more flexible, lighter and has less cushioning – making it an excellent choice for the efficient runner.
- Visually aesthetic
- Outsole’s grip capability allowed runners to feel confident when running on wet rock and muddy surfaces.
- The shoe runs a half-size small, according to several runners
- Shoe may be too narrow for some foot sizes
- Debris tends to penetrate through the upper, leading to runners wanting a gusseted tongue
- Breathability is compromised due to a dense and tightly woven upper
- These are sturdy, light and protective. They ave great grip on wet surfaces as well as dry. These have a tighter toe box than most trail shoes, so they are only good for shorter distance. If they were to widen the toes, it would be a near perfect shoe.
- These have a good arch support. They fit great around the foot while still having a decent amount of toe space. They do not cause blisters either although they are wider in the toe.
- These really handle well on all surfaces , wet or dry. I feel really confident in these. They feel supportive and I do not have to worry on steep hills.
- The midsole seemed a it thinner than I am used too but surprisingly, it works great. The shoe handles rocks and surfaces really well I feel really secure in these. I didn't have any soreness after the first or 10th run in these. Great shoe.
- I used the mess out of these shoes and washed them recently, they look brand new! They are so durable and light. Due to the light mesh material though, they absorb water a bit. However, this helps in warmer weather runs.
- This has perfect cushioning with a great hybrid trail /road design. They are so comfortable and light and balanced. THey are not waterproof at all but that is OK for me.
- These are not your typical clunky trail shoes. They look great. They are so comfortable and light with a great cushion to the. I am able to use them running and hiking.
- These are super light hiking shoes and they are extra comfy. I am able to wear them casual too, they look great. I definitely approve and suggest these over other main brands.
- I ended up purchasing these a size up and they were great. They have great grip and are very, very light. I am more than satisfied with these shoes and I highly recommend to trail runners.
- These are over the top in comfort, design and durability. I am so happy. These replaced my WAY OVER PRICED Adidas. They are o light and the construction is just perfect for trail running.
- These shoes are built with protection in mind and are so light they feel like clouds. I ran my first trail in these and they were so perfect. I felt really secure and sure footed in these.
- I trail run more than most, a lot, lot! These are really durable shoes externally but I find myself getting new ones around the 4 month mark because of the cushion relaxing. I do not mind though because I love all the shoes they make and I like getting all of them.
- I got these a half size up and still a bit snug. They are super gripped and ready for any type of surface. These are just an all over great shoe and design and I highly recommend them to anyone really.
- He sole is great and has some super duper grip to it. They are nice and light and great for calm to mid range trail runs. They are really reliable, sturdy and durable; great shoe
- My wide feet fit a bit snug in these but not in an uncomfortable way. They grip exceptionally well and look awesome!
- These give we the freedom to run full force down a slippery slope without feeling like I am going to become a casualty. I am so intrigued on how they got these to grip so dang well. They have a claw like grip or up hills too. They are super airy and really light. They have great cushioning and support my feet wonderfully. The siding helps against brush sticking to my shoe when I am in thick trails.
- I love Inco-8 shoes. They are so nice and light. They breathe really well and are freaking way comfortable compared to my other trail shoes. or the Trailroc 245.
- The grip on these is great and works well with trailing, as well as the grip, WOAH! It is so grippy. They are some of the most durable shoes I have ever owned and they still look great. I ordered them a full size bigger per the reviews and they are perfect.
- I took these out on the ice and in the snow and had no issues. These are some of the best shoes out there for real hiking. They are a bit snug but work.
- Great traction, toe protection, balance and comfort. I bought these last minute and Spartaned them out with no issues at all. They were so comfortable and secure. Best spontaneity buy ever! They are also really versatile and I can wear them as normal shoes.
- They have great colors and they are really light. I am surprised at the grip, it is epic. They seem to be very durable too. Wear and tear is nil on a bunch of long distance hiking. Make sure you size up though, they are a bit snug.
- No break in time, comfortable, grippy, light and supportive. I cannot get enough of these shoes. They are so well made. I have had these and ran them so hard and they look close to new! They are amazing and I highly recommend them.
- They had no hot spots while breaking them in. They work great on wet surfaces and on rocky terrain. Super secure feeling and snug.
- These are more light and flexible than my Salomons. They give perfectly in the front without being sloppy. Super comfortable trail runner.
- These shoes were not sized ike there other models. They say standard bt are liars. They were too narrow and rubbing blisters on my arches.
- These do not drain water well and stay soggy. I wanted to like these but I run in wet a lot and these hold too much water and are not comfortable when this happens. They are great on multiple terrain though.
- These have so much protection that my feet are hot all the time. Even with the mesh, they are hot and I cannot deal in the sun with them at all.
- The tongue slides around too much. They do not have the new sewn tongue design and t is a faut. Gives me hot spots on the tops of my feet and they also let a lot of debris in the shoe.
- This shoe did not feel good on rocks. I was weary doing the down hill runs. The uphill grip is good but down hill is tricky and I need to feel secure in my shoes.
- I cannot wear these at all, they have no arch support whatsoever. They were so uncomfortable aI couldn't use them for more than 10 minutes without pain.
•Tri-C rubber compound
•Multi-directional claw-shaped cleats